Relegation

The Ilford Drummer

What if you are not a club official,just a supporter who goes to games and likes to see that indiscretions are dealt with 
I suppose that's the same at every level of football, though. The current suspensions are not a secret, they are updated weekly on the West Region website. But ongoing disciplinary cases which have (perhaps) been appealed and are not yet decided are not made public knowledge until a final decision is made.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Meadowman said:
What if you are not a club official,just a supporter who goes to games and likes to see that indiscretions are dealt with 

I suppose that's the same at every level of football, though. The current suspensions are not a secret, they are updated weekly on the West Region website. But ongoing disciplinary cases which have (perhaps) been appealed and are not yet decided are not made public knowledge until a final decision is made.

Thanks for your reply,i just wouldn’t like to think it’s been forgotten about,as Baillie was the cause for 3 players being sent off 

Guest Moomintroll

If we get relegated by a margin of less than 3 points at the end of the season then I am going to be a very grumpy Moomin. Have watched clubs play the system for years and now, all of a sudden, an example is made of all clubs irrespective of the reasons behind the postponements.

Right decision in my book, time the region got tough with teams taking the urine.

At the end of the day this is semi professional football not a Sunday league pub team, surely some forward planning weeks in advance would of put an end to this.

30 minutes ago, Peasyman said:
33 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:
Right decision in my book, time the region got tough with teams taking the urine.

How do you know exactly what happened?

Not exactly but it seems you played away at Kilwinning on 22nd and then managed to get all the kit and boots etc locked away on the  23rd without anybody think hey what about the 29th??

43 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Especially for those who have already cried wolf over a cycle race that was planned months in advance.

Thanks for your reply,i just wouldn’t like to think it’s been forgotten about,as Baillie was the cause for 3 players being sent off 

AFAIK Neither the referee nor the linesman saw Baillie’s assault. Therefore it was not included in their report and no action will be taken.

35 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

AFAIK Neither the referee nor the linesman saw Baillie’s assault. Therefore it was not included in their report and no action will be taken.

Don’t know how he missed it,but he managed to see our player retaliate,sounds like a coverup 

Not saying we're out of trouble, but my god we've given ourselves a good chance!

From being adrift at the bottom only a few short weeks ago to now be 5 points clear of 3rd bottom, I know some will say "teams have games in hand", true but I'd rather have the points on the board!

Still need at least another 6 points I would say as looking at current totals would suggest 25 might be the magic number to keep you up?

It's still any 3 from bottom 5 but we've given ourselves some breathing space!

22 minutes ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

Not saying we're out of trouble, but my god we've given ourselves a good chance!

From being adrift at the bottom only a few short weeks ago to now be 5 points clear of 3rd bottom, I know some will say "teams have games in hand", true but I'd rather have the points on the board!

Still need at least another 6 points I would say as looking at current totals would suggest 25 might be the magic number to keep you up?

It's still any 3 from bottom 5 but we've given ourselves some breathing space!

You're correct, you're always better with points on the board at the bottom of the league as games in hand don't mean guaranteed points for teams at the bottom of the league.

Cambuslang's fate has still to be decided as well, whether there is any further punishment to come for the Glenafton affair remains to be seem, or whether they can find a team who would be able to compete at that level.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

You're correct, you're always better with points on the board at the bottom of the league as games in hand don't mean guaranteed points for teams at the bottom of the league.

Cambuslang's fate has still to be decided as well, whether there is any further punishment to come for the Glenafton affair remains to be seem, or whether they can find a team who would be able to compete at that level.

Surely with McColl away the region can now deal with the Glens Cambuslang game?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived