Heston rovers

Where did Stranraer finish last season, was it not quite low? I believe they have exact same team from last season bar like one signing in Dean Agnew lad and have went from mid table or just below to winning 15/15 in the league which is some turnaround.

Where did Stranraer finish last season, was it not quite low? I believe they have exact same team from last season bar like one signing in Dean Agnew lad and have went from mid table or just below to winning 15/15 in the league which is some turnaround.
finished 8th with 42 points. Won 12, drew 6 & lost 10. Scored 90 & conceded 77 which is a goal difference of +13.

finished 8th with 42 points. Won 12, drew 6 & lost 10. Scored 90 & conceded 77 which is a goal difference of +13.

I think Heston Stranraer games were all pretty close, league and cup??? Wee bit o belief from a manager in younger players and developing a team. Well done Stranraer

I think Heston Stranraer games were all pretty close, league and cup??? Wee bit o belief from a manager in younger players and developing a team. Well done Stranraer

Stranraer won 2 games in the league last year and have done the same this season. Heston best them in a cup game late on in the season I’m sure.

Pretty sure an earlier thread said Stranraer have only brought in 2 new bodies, Agnew up top and a centre half from Creetown. If so that’s some turnaround for a team that’s only playing it’s second season together and in the Sough league.

15 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Is there a reason Heston havent pursued licensing yet? They've played out of Palmerston which is fully licensed since 2013 & as far as I can tell will be for the forseeable future.

Must be costing a fortune ,is it subsidised by the youth section ? .

21 hours ago, Blue red and white said:

When have Heston ever finished above Threave and St Cuthberts in the south league since they joined? Have Heston ever finished in the top 4? 

You had a go at management but Heston have always been a mid table team, who have had some success in cups. Decent club, giving two young managers/coaches a chance.

They beat Mids at home, drew away today.

Lost 1-0 away to Threave (95th min)

Lost 2-0 home to St Cuthberts 

Yes Heston have finished top four.  Finished third behind Dalbeattie and threave the year before lowland league was formed. 

18 minutes ago, gingerbreadman said:

Yes Heston have finished top four.  Finished third behind Dalbeattie and threave the year before lowland league was formed. 

2012-13 

1st Dalbeattie 

2nd St Cuthberts

3rd Wigtown

4th Threave 

5th Heston

2013-14 was the year the lowland formed  which Threave and Dalbeattie moved into. Wigtown won the league and Heston finished 6th.

Nothing on the south website before 2012-13 season so may have happened then but can’t check up.

2 hours ago, Blue red and white said:

2012-13 

1st Dalbeattie 

2nd St Cuthberts

3rd Wigtown

4th Threave 

5th Heston

2013-14 was the year the lowland formed  which Threave and Dalbeattie moved into. Wigtown won the league and Heston finished 6th.

Nothing on the south website before 2012-13 season so may have happened then but can’t check up.

Your correct. My bad 

it was 12-13 

dalbeattie

threave

heston

saints

found it on heston website

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...