• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing about today was how good we were in the first half, we were first to most first balls and I'd we didn't get there we picked up the pieces. In our first attack we won a penalty, converted quite well be McIntosh. We then had a chance just before half time to go 2 up which was criminal not to score from and you'd want any other player than Robertson 1 on 1 with the goalie. I was too far away from the action when Scott Stewart got taken off but it looked like he got absolutely pummelled and you could argue a booking was getting off lightly.

The second half today was poor from us although we looked fairly organised. We seem to sit so deep that it's like we stand on the keepers toes. Raiths goal was well worked and well finished, possibly a hint of offside but you give him the benefit of the doubt. It was coming though because we invited them into the game and the further the half went on the further up the pitch Gillespie played and that's when they really started to trouble us- the guy is too good for this league. Two great saves right at the death from the Raith keeper to avoid us snatching victory, we will save the last minute winners for next week[emoji57]. There was a heated exchange late on in the second half also where the number 7? From Raith should've walked for a stamp and all the other shite that came afterwards. I think the ref gave two bookings to pretend he was in control.

The second best thing about today was the boy behind me somewhere who told McGlynn to get Vaughan checked out for MS because he's never off his arse, never a truer word spoken. Cracking wee player though. A special mention to Raiths number 4 who has everything you'd expect from a footballer apart from the ability to play football. The haircut and the running around holding the sleeves of his under armour down to name a few but he was dreadful to say the least.

In the end a draw was a fair result.

1 hour ago, smokie29 said:

Hahahahaha 13 points clear ya fife mutants, you still gonna finish 10 points clear GIRFUY

:lol::lol:

This post must be from a clearly erudite smokie, with a degree in English Literature!! Top banter.....stay classy.

(With the way Arbroath have been playing we've accepted weeks ago they'd be Champions, and good luck to them. Oh, and Barry Smith has gone, onwards and upwards)

First half shocking and 2nd half only improved once we brought on Flannigan and especially Dingwall. If the boy scored the chance near end of first half and it goes 2-0 it's game over.

Some players just aren't good enough and some have a stinking attitude problem. I've been saying it since last season but Davidson is done. Yet week after week he's picked and can be seen to do no wrong in McGlynn's eyes. Duggan out of his depth and Armstrong only cares about himself.

One of the biggest embarrassments is our chairman though who I heard once again was seen and heard shouting and swearing his head off in the Directors Box. It's no wonder we are where we are if he's running the club on a day to day basis.

One of the biggest embarrassments is our chairman though who I heard once again was seen and heard shouting and swearing his head off in the Directors Box. It's no wonder we are where we are if he's running the club on a day to day basis.

What a lot of hyperbole shite.

First half shocking and 2nd half only improved once we brought on Flannigan and especially Dingwall. If the boy scored the chance near end of first half and it goes 2-0 it's game over.

Some players just aren't good enough and some have a stinking attitude problem. I've been saying it since last season but Davidson is done. Yet week after week he's picked and can be seen to do no wrong in McGlynn's eyes. Duggan out of his depth and Armstrong only cares about himself.

Same Duggan who scored 14 for a very poor EF last season in the same league. Another example of the big team in the league thinking they're better than they are!!!

Shut up you dribbling moron.

Probably both sets of fans will be disappointed with a point. Airdrie should have been more than one a head in the first half. Raith pounded us for long parts of the second half with our keeper having some unbelievable saves. Then we had chances to snatch the winner at the end. 

Seemed a decent crowd as well, maybe around 1100?

We dropped to deep in the second half (right from the start of it) which invited them onto us and allowed them to get a grip. Thought we edged the first so not sure why.

Unlucky not win it in the end but thought a draw was fair given Raith obviously had chances too. 

Archived