A tougher test this week at Airdrie. Ian Murray took over in October and their form seems to have been on the up since mid-November.

In terms of their home form under Murray, they’ve been beaten by that Stenhousemuir team and Forfar (both 1-0 defeats) at the end of October/start of November but since then their only home defeat was another 1-0 defeat to Arbroath. They’ve won 4-2 against East Fife and 3-0 against Stranraer in their other two home games under Murray.

Nisbet being out is a big blow for us. Hopefully he’s back soon, but it gives Duggan a chance to show what he can do. Vaughan looks like he is getting back to where he should be which is great for us.

Can we get another win to keep us in with a shout of the title and have us going into The Pars game on a high?

At the very least we can ask them how to beat East Fife seen as they’ve beaten them three times already.

115CEF32-0F80-4DB1-98D1-49595FFEC9A6.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

A tougher test this week at Airdrie. Ian Murray took over in October and their form seems to have been on the up since mid-November.

At the very least we can ask them how to beat East Fife seen as they’ve beaten them three times already.

It will be a tough test but we have only beaten EF twice so can only give the advice that you need to press with tempo; we lost the first game at Methil 1-2. It does mean we have scored 7 of our 30 against them.  we have beaten Stranraer three times but have gained no points from yourselves thanks to that last 7 minutes of drama, nor from Arbroath and curiously two draws with Dumbarton whom everyone seems able to beat? If we can get the dramatic win this time it makes for interesting times, but realistically I think the top two is quite clear. Enjoy the trip.

I think this has the makings of a great game to be fair and I wouldn't be surprised with a 3-2 either way.
With Gallagher, Wilkie and McIntosh in fine form I'd be hoping to see more of the fast tempo, constant pressing style Murray seems to b getting across to this squad.
Either way, a point wouldn't be bad to break the duck against Raith this year but a win would be most welcome.

Is Joao Victoria still playing regularly? I mind him being electric against us, verging on unplayable. As for us, we go into the game full of confidence having scored 5, going on 9 or 10, at the weekend there. Nisbet will be our but Duggan showed that he is capable of replacing him in the team. Other than that I wouldn’t change it. Another Gillespie masterclass to lead us to a 3-1 away win. Nurse...

Is Joao Victoria still playing regularly? I mind him being electric against us, verging on unplayable. As for us, we go into the game full of confidence having scored 5, going on 9 or 10, at the weekend there. Nisbet will be our but Duggan showed that he is capable of replacing him in the team. Other than that I wouldn’t change it. Another Gillespie masterclass to lead us to a 3-1 away win. Nurse...

He had a few poor games and has been dropped, not really had another chance in a wee while.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Vitoria has been on the bench the last few weeks and on Saturday didn’t even make that. Murray obviously doesn’t fancy him. Personally I would play him every week but there’s no denying that the team we have on the park now are doing better than when he was playing!

When getting the Train are we best getting off the Drumgelloch Station or the Airdrie Station. This is depending on what pubs are recommended also?

The decent pubs are in the town centre so Airdrie Station. If you’re going straight to the stadium, Drumgelloch is closer.

7 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Which do you recommend? Taking my pal for his first away day in scottish fitbaw, the nicest would be the best probs

Harry’s Bar,  West End or The Imperial. You’re not allowed to swear in The Imperial though so watch your flipping tongue. 

34 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Which do you recommend? Taking my pal for his first away day in scottish fitbaw, the nicest would be the best probs

West End is decent.

Get off at Drumgelloch and go to the Drumgelloch bar [emoji57][emoji106].

In all seriousness, probably better going to Airdrie Station and maybe going to the West End, then the Imperial, the cellar, yesterdays, the treasury, the Albert then a 15 mind walk to the stadium (in that order...)

I was in the bar at the stadium before the Sunday game last season and it was top notch. Nice surroundings, friendly staff, reasonably priced beer and to top it all the kids were invited through to a Christmas party in one of the other function rooms and given juice and crisps. 

15 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Harry’s Bar,  West End or The Imperial. You’re not allowed to swear in The Imperial though so watch your flipping tongue. 

Yeah, I got into trouble in the summer for a loud f-bomb.

Archived