Inverness vs Ayr

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Not a disaster but we’ve let Ross County off the hook again and we’re now in danger of Dundee United overtaking us.

Hopefully some new signings this week and we can use the Talbot game to get back on track.

Dundee United the biggest concern at the moment! Game against them a week on Friday is massive. Hope some of the injured players are back by then following on from a convincing win next weekend! 

A good performance from us for a change. Nice and direct for the most part instead of passing it sideways constantly. 

McCart and White did really well today. The striker was such a handful and scored a great header into the corner. 

Ayr huffed and puffed but look a totally different side without Shankland. 

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A good performance from us for a change. Nice and direct for the most part instead of passing it sideways constantly. 

McCart and White did really well today. The striker was such a handful and scored a great header into the corner. 

White did do well, especially in the second half.

Cosgrove at Aberdeen has proved the likes of Willie Miller and Richard Gordon wrong.

Perhaps White can get even better.

I noted the embrace Robertson had for Polworth and given Billy Dods says the latter has already spoken with St Johnstone, we may have witnessed the last of him in a Caley shirt.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not just Shankland, we’re in the middle of or usual mid-season injury crisis. It’s been a fantastic season so far and McCall has done an excellent job, but I still don’t understand how every season half the squad regularly go missing with mysterious medium-long term injuries, about 90% of them apparently happening in training.

The Scottish Cup is coming at the right time for us at least. So long as it all goes to plan it should hopefully be a chance to rest players carrying knocks and get some confidence back with a win. A couple of signings before Dundee United in 2 weeks time would be ideal.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The Scottish Cup is coming at the right time for us at least. So long as it all goes to plan it should hopefully be a chance to rest players carrying knocks and get some confidence back with a win. 

There's nobody really to rest it seems looking at the bench.  Next week is concerning. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There's nobody really to rest it seems looking at the bench.  Next week is concerning. 

You’d at least like to think Ferguson, Higgins and McGuffie could start to give a few of the regulars a rest. Just hoping the extra week between league games gives the likes of Smith, Kerr and Shankland to shake off whatever it is that’s bothering them. I’m not particularly confident about it now but we should still be winning it.

You’d at least like to think Ferguson, Higgins and McGuffie could start to give a few of the regulars a rest. Just hoping the extra week between league games gives the likes of Smith, Kerr and Shankland to shake off whatever it is that’s bothering them. I’m not particularly confident about it now but we should still be winning it.
I expect Talbot will be right up for it and Ayr have a few injuries but even so it should be a comfortable win. If you can defend crosses Talbot won't score.

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It’s difficult to tell what our bench will look like next week as nobody really provides an update  as to when players are expected to return. No doubt McCall will touch on it during the post match interviews but it would be nice to hear some expected timescales 

Did we deserve anything out of the game today or was it the usual, lot of the ball but unable to break down. Looking at the team have to say only losing 1-0 is quite impressive and makes it look as if Inverness must be pretty shite.

It’s difficult to tell what our bench will look like next week as nobody really provides an update  as to when players are expected to return. No doubt McCall will touch on it during the post match interviews but it would be nice to hear some expected timescales 
Based on his interview I really don't think McCall knows either

Back from the game today (yes i did go to it)

No complaints about the result today, actually it flattered us, if Inverness were clinical it would've been about 3 or 4. I got a lot of stick by saying how weak our bench was going to be and it didn't come to any surprise that only 4 players were on it. 

Was a pretty sh*t day all around 

Archived