Inverness vs Ayr

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbh Smith and Shankland are the only players missing that you could say would walk into the team. Although they are 2 of our best players.

The bench is concerning though. Not much room for manoeuvre with it. Let’s just take what we can from today and hope a couple of extra bodies join next week.

Oh and hopefully our southern brothers can take something from the teuchters.

Murdoch has been one of our best players this season.

15 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Really don't understand why you don't put a couple of youths on the bench you never know what they can do unless there on the pitch

A lot of our youth players that play in our reserve team are out on loan. Surprised Ecrepont who has been in the squad a lot this year isn’t there, but he may be away with a Scotland squad.

Murdoch has been one of our best players this season.

Yep

But the replacements for Smith and Shankland are nowhere near as good as they are. As good as Murdoch is, Docherty is a more than adequate replacement for him.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yep

But the replacements for Smith and Shankland are nowhere near as good as they are. As good as Murdoch is, Docherty is a more than adequate replacement for him.

That starting line up just seems to have a "League 1" look to it.

I hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

So 2 or 3 players transforms that team from looking “League 1” to a team 2nd in the Championship.

No, but Forrest, Shankland, Kerr, Murdoch, Smith, Adams and even McGuffie does...............

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Adams, McGuffie, Forrest, Kerr aren’t guaranteed starters even in that team.

Dobbie just scored so that's at least good.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Adams, McGuffie, Forrest, Kerr aren’t guaranteed starters even in that team.

I feel we've been missing Forrest hugely and Kerr brings calm and control to the midfield which seems to make Shankland and Moffat play better.

I'd also have McGuffie wide ahead of Crawford.

Only my opinion though.

I feel we've been missing Forrest hugely and Kerr brings calm and control to the midfield which seems to make Shankland and Moffat play better.
I'd also have McGuffie wide ahead of Crawford.
Only my opinion though.

Forrest is good but I feel it’s a case of players seem to get better the longer they are injured. He’s every bit as inconsistent as McDaid however when he’s on his game he’s the better player.

I’m not there today but I’m guessing Crawford is playing in the middle with Geggan wide right?

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Forrest is good but I feel it’s a case of players seem to get better the longer they are injured. He’s every bit as inconsistent as McDaid however when he’s on his game he’s the better player.

I’m not there today but I’m guessing Crawford is playing in the middle with Geggan wide right?

I would assume it’s 

Geggan Docherty Crawford McDaid

Sounds like a terrible game.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Me neither. I know what you mean but I'm a big fan of Forrest, I always think the team in general play better when he's playing.

Archived