Harvie

Geggan
Docherty
Crawford
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

Subs; Hare-Reid, Higgins, Ecrepont, Kerr, McGuffie, McCowan, Moore
I think he'll play Kerr in the middle, but not sure who with.

I thought Kerr looked great for 5-10 minutes yesterday and then was off the pace. Hopefully getting minutes under his belt will help.

Who would be the best partner for him with Murdoch out? Who covers more ground between doc and robbie? Probably doc I reckon.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he'll play Kerr in the middle, but not sure who with.

I thought Kerr looked great for 5-10 minutes yesterday and then was off the pace. Hopefully getting minutes under his belt will help.

Who would be the best partner for him with Murdoch out? Who covers more ground between doc and robbie? Probably doc I reckon.

I thought Kerr was brought back far too quickly. Docherty looked ok when he came on.

Crawford though covered a lot of ground yesterday and it’s more a case of who partners him in the middle out of Doc or Kerr. If Kerr isn’t fully fit then based on yesterday I wouldn’t play him.

I thought Kerr was brought back far too quickly. Docherty looked ok when he came on.

Crawford though covered a lot of ground yesterday and it’s more a case of who partners him in the middle out of Doc or Kerr. If Kerr isn’t fully fit then based on yesterday I wouldn’t play him.
Is it not about match sharpness though? It's difficult because he probably needs game time but you don't want to give him it if it weakens the midfield.

I actually fancy us this week. Inverness will surely attack us, they've only seen us with 11 men for what, 25 mins back in August and have a manager in a position that he knows setting up to contain Ayr Utd and play on the break will not go down well with the fans at all.  

For me it's the best possible fixture for Ayr this week.   Hope Shakland is back. McCall saying he is 'almost certain' gives me the fear though. 

On 1/6/2019 at 20:22, Highland Capital said:

Right, what about this - 

Ridgers

Donaldson McCart Tremarco

Doran Welsh Polworth McHattie

Walsh

White Oakley

That team will play so narrow, especially with Doran always wanting to cut inside we would have so much ground for Donaldson to cover.

Given how lightweight we are in the middle of the park,  Robbo should consider moving Carlos as a holding midfielder/enforcer and try let Polly & Doran play more freely. Also wouldnt go for 2 up front - why do folks think Oakley & White are the stellar partnership when they both are so similar.

Just play 4-4-1-1 and hope we can contain Shankland and shitefest the game to a 0-0 or even sneak a 1-0.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Willie Collum ref for this one.

Let’s just not bother with this one eh lads

At least we're guaranteed a sending off in the match, just don't know who for, but probably ourselves again.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ooooh, not again. Curse this winter break!CRETAalRPRHnkPD-800x450-noPad.jpg.3e3e60b909d80f310c8b1a132576c690.jpg

7 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
On 06/01/2019 at 16:13, Trogdor said:
A drab dour affair beckons... 

Too obvious. Incoming eight goal thriller.

I hope you're right.

21 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He'll need a police guard to keep him safe from the baying crowds that will have gathered outside the stadium pre match.

44 minutes ago, RiG said:

He'll need a police guard to keep him safe from the baying crowds that will have gathered outside the stadium pre match.

Anyone got his number ????

41 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Any word from Somerset if there will be anyone in or out before Saturdays game?

Be surprised if we signed anyone before the game,  unless we get another Fri-yay surprise. Think most of us are probably more concerned with the team news tomorrow and our injury situation.

More a case of who's fit for this one, pretty sure i read Inverness couldn't fill their bench against QOTS because of injuries so expecting a grim spectical. Reckon this is what we'll have to go for:

Doohan 

Smith Rose Bell Harvie

McDaid Crawford Docherty McGuffie

Moore Moffat

Subs: whoever's fit

Midfiled is the serious issue with Docherty not fit either along with potentially not having Kerr, Murdoch  and Geggan. If Doc wasn't able to play and Shankland returns then wouldn't be surprised to see Moffat start in CM, jesus, from what i can remember last year in league 1 it was tragic watching him play in midfield. Other option for CM would be move Bell up in there with Higgins coming in CB. 

Archived