Inverness vs Ayr

Let’s just draw a line under the Falkirk game. Feel like I’m saying this every week but we desperately need a win here. No idea what our injury situation will be on Saturday but I’m hoping at the very least Geggan and Shankland are back. Murdoch will be suspended and Forrest will definitely be out.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After our previous two league defeats this season we have went on impressive runs. If we are to have any chance of winning the title, we need to go on another.

Hopefully yesterday will have given us a huge kick up the arse.

I can't make this one so there is every chance we'll win 

I've wondered for a while if a 3-5-2 (or a variation of it) would suit us far better than our usual 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2.  We leak daft goals so three centre-backs *should* minimise that.  We play better with three in the middle of the park and I'd like to see us start with two strikers.  We did try a 3-4-2-1 last season against Morton and I thought it worked alright, but we never used it again. 

My thinking is something like this - 

Ridgers

Mckay Donaldson McCart

Rooney Welsh Polworth Tremarco

Walsh

Oakley White 

I've wondered for a while if a 3-5-2 (or a variation of it) would suit us far better than our usual 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2.  We leak daft goals so three centre-backs *should* minimise that.  We play better with three in the middle of the park and I'd like to see us start with two strikers.  We did try a 3-4-2-1 last season against Morton and I thought it worked alright, but we never used it again. 

My thinking is something like this - 

Ridgers

Mckay Donaldson McCart

Rooney Welsh Polworth Tremarco

Walsh

Oakley White 

The issue with 3-5-2 is playing Brad McKay when all he is good for is a trip to the glue factory.

Rooney is also still suspended as far as I’m aware.

If Inverness could open up and try to dominate us that would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I expect them to have learned from the last few weeks, that letting Ayr have the ball and hitting hard on the break is the way to play against us.

Archived