Queens v Ross County

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Yeah those stats match how I had it in my head.

All I really meant was that it wasn’t completely one-way traffic. However the quality and quantity of our chances meant it was a thoroughly deserved win.

Yes, that's about the size of it.

It was a really good performance from us today, but there were key moments.  I don't think we'd have felt particularly aggrieved if it had been 1-1 at half time rather than 2-0 and it was that close range Martin save that allowed it.  Fox made good stops in the first half too though, most notably from the Dobbie kind of hitch kick volley, low to his right.

It might also have been different if that terrific County effort that clipped the bar early in the second half had gone in.  Given what happened in the home ICT game, I didn't really relax until the sending off, so I'm glad County never got back into it.

We were good all over the field today though.  I enjoyed Low pinging passes around and I'm more impressed by Todd each time I see him.  

Still utterly baffled by Fox being allowed to punch clear having sliced a pass back into the sky in the first half, but I should maybe let it go now.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Van Der Weg is dreadful by the way. How is he only 27? Looks late thirties  at least :blink:

Made the same comments! I was pretty disappointed to see Stelios out but thankfully they had an equally awful LB to fill in.

Dowie was always an aged 30 year old but this guy makes Dowie look young [emoji38]

What Naysmith is doing at the minute is superb. The smallest squad in the league (even less than Alloa), he’s got the team working their absolute arses off for themselves and each other.

Maguire looks very raw, done okay defensively and his goal was well taken. For his first start against top of the league, he done well. Can only get better as well. He’s available for the cup next week thankfully.

Nicky Low is just a class baller, exactly what we’ve been needing for years. Our results have picked up as Alan Martin’s performances have, he’s picked up his form a hell of a lot.

I love Andy Stirling, but good luck to him getting in the team!

The most entertaining game I've seen for ages.  Even more satisfying than Ayr 5-0, really, as I thought County played better than Ayr did that day.  I'm glad I didn't have to pick the MoM, could have been anyone.  

Nicky Low was class, a real character with plenty of dig,  reminded me of Bowser a bit.  I predict a few cards heading his way, though!

How Dykes survived after his forearm smash on that defender I'll never know, but if he'd just display something of that aggression in all his play he'd be a real player.

And how much has Martin improved as the season has progressed?  Very impressed.

Yes hats off to all those I have been critical of in the past.  Martin still gives me the fear when he remains rooted to his line but he is capable of some really important point-blank reaction saves.  Mercer is starting to show signs of progress after I felt he had stagnated a bit.  He could still show more composure on the ball, but he is at least lumping it away now whereas before he often dallied on it and lost possession.  Jacobs looks much improved now that he isn't doing the running of two players.  He still has his obvious limitations but he is back to doing the things he does well which is all we need him to do.  I can also now understand why we went with Doyle over Stirling today.  Out of position, and playing ahead of a player who is superior technically.  But it was a real team performance today, very reminiscent of the way Livi played last season, where the team outperforms the sum of it's parts.  Stirling is just too hot and cold to be relied upon as part of that unfortunately.  I hope Naysmith is able to keep him happy whilst he is out of the team though as he still has a role to play.  Sometimes you need a player like him to change a game and unlock a defence.  I don't need to eat humble pie about Todd as I have always rated him, but he deserves a mention simply because of how good he is.

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

5 yellow cards today, none of them for fouls - two dissent, two booting the ball away and Todd for denying a quick free kick to be taken. As you say, he was bad for both teams and both sets of players were frustrated by him.

Jacobs was booked for tugging the County players shirt when trying to get back just before the County player was sent off.

Thought Todd's booking was unlucky - he didn't really get time to retreat as County took quick free kirk and I didn't think he actually touched the ball - it went through his legs.

Pleasing result haven't lost against Ayr or County this season. First half though County should have done better, got into good shooting positions and they just went by the posts - really should have scored. What about that Dobbie turn and left foot shot first half...........totally unexpected

A well deserved pumping, its been coming for a couple of months. I have no idea how the hell we are still top.

Fox our best player. Felt sorry for young Grivosti put in at RB.

Some of VDW's touches and positioning were comedic.

Another red card and loss of discipline. 

Well done Queens.

29 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Are there any highlights yet? I missed the first goal! 

Don't hold your breath. QOS TV  seems more interested in post match interviews just recently for reasons unknown. Whether Ross have any cameras, I suspect we may get more match coverage from them.? 

Don't hold your breath. QOS TV  seems more interested in post match interviews just recently for reasons unknown. Whether Ross have any cameras, I suspect we may get more match coverage from them.? 

Reasons unknown? Or maybe the fact an interview that requires no editing can pretty much be uploaded immediately whereas a highlights package takes a lot of work to put together by a volunteer in his spare time?

Very good all round performance.

Low makes a huge difference in midfield.

League title and Play off positions are wide open - RC very average, Ayr struggling w/o Shankland and Dundee United improving but still unconvincing. Not impossible for a team to come with a “wet sail” from the pack and make things interesting.

Archived