Queens v Ross County

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the video there and the second goal is every bit as sexy as the first.  It all starts from some very smart defending from Maguire before Dobbie lays it on a plate for Doyle with a perfectly weighted pass.  The third is a very good goal as well.  Fordyce does really well to get it back across goal, and it is excellent from Maguire to get to what is essentially a 50/50 ball first.  He has the advantage that he is running onto it, but you can also tell he just wanted it more than the County defenders.  The fourth is a car crash from the County defence, but it is still sheer quality from Dobbie to capitalise.  For all the defenders make a mess of it I don't think many players in the league would have taken advantage with as much aplomb.

The Martin save in the first half and the shot off the bar in the second are obviously pivotal moments.  I don't think our afternoon would have been anything like as enjoyable if it had gone 1-1 or 2-1.

Dobbie's first touch for the first goal makes that goal. Outstanding. For me, the second goal is the best of them, brilliant short, quick passing from front to back, resulting in a beautifully weighed pass from Dobbie to Doyle, and a great finish. Some of the link up play between Low, Todd, Dykes and Dobbie was excellent.

:lol:

I was a seething, foaming at the mouth, mess during yesterday's game! I think I've just about calmed down now.  One of those games were you could have pulled eleven punters out of the stand and they wouldn't have done a worse job.

I was East Stand and thought it was a red initially. Was more a lunge than a slide. The fact the numpty never complained (or his team mates) and that even some County fans were shouting at him would suggest it was the right call.

Referee got it spot on, firstly yellow carding Jacobs for shirt pulling then a straight red for a very poor, late tackle by the Ross County midfielder on Maquire. Could have injured the young lad, thankfully not! The way the offender ran away off the park and straight down the tunnel, offering no complaints made everyone realise that he knew what he had done. We were next to the Ross County management duo and they just shook their heads.

All in all a very impressive performance from Queens, nearly as good as the 5-0 Ayr win. No failures at all and a very pleasing home debut from Nicky Low. He certainly gave the midfield a better balance and looks to be another piece of excellent business by Mr Naysmith.

My only worry is we still look to be one or two players short in depth. We need to get at least one in before the end of January! If we can I think we have a really good chance of making the playoffs.

We are so bad. Patched up defence, no creativity in midfield and not taking chances up front. 

Queens deserved the win by a mile. Same passive shite from us as there has been for the last 2/3 months. The problem is, how do you fix it? Ravaged by injury and having different players suspended every week is not helping but we really need something different from the team cause they need a kick up the arse

1 hour ago, mckenna said:

Why was the red card omitted from the highlights ? Definite red or harsh ? Surprised at the red from terracing

Based on nothing but my unreliable and hazy memory (so what follows is very heavily caveated) I seem to recall ICT having a player sent off, possibly against Ross County, which never made the highlights because we intended to appeal it and apparently including the incident in the highlights could jeopardise our challenge of the decision. It might be that County are thinking along similar lines.

The recent run of mediocre at best centre mids  have made playing football look as difficult as attempting Brain surgery with  plastic cutlery but from what I've seen of Low he makes everything look so simple and having someone take control of the game  in the middle should hopefully make as big an impact in terms of raising everyone's game  as having the King of Kings up front.

For the stattos what is our best season against both Highland teams, I can't imagine there's been many good years against either of them?

6 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

Possibly the key word in that post is “we”?

Probably, I'm always curious to see how other sides produce their high quality highlights packages to learn if there are ways I can use to work better. 

It's clear that the guy at Alloa puts a lot of hard work and effort into his highlights - they are always top quality. I was just a little surprised that it takes so long. 

6 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Probably, I'm always curious to see how other sides produce their high quality highlights packages to learn if there are ways I can use to work better. 

It's clear that the guy at Alloa puts a lot of hard work and effort into his highlights - they are always top quality. I was just a little surprised that it takes so long. 

Do you do prep work during the match, in terms of writing down timings etc for key moments? I assume Alloas are produced by one guy, most likely the guy who films the game. Queens are the same and the odd time Ive done it with no pre-prepared timings the time consuming part is watching through the 90 minutes to find what to include.

41 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Do you do prep work during the match, in terms of writing down timings etc for key moments? I assume Alloas are produced by one guy, most likely the guy who films the game. Queens are the same and the odd time Ive done it with no pre-prepared timings the time consuming part is watching through the 90 minutes to find what to include.

Have seen the highlights on Ross County TV but what about our highlights don't we show the game anymore in saying that good to get interviews after the game .

41 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, the person who films the game has a notepad and notes down the timings of chances as he films it to include everything that is a highlight - that is then whittled down when work on the highlights begins - so that half chance sclaff noted in the 3rd minute in the case of a quiet game gets booted out. 

Anyone that gives up their Saturday night/Sunday to produce highlights for any club gets my full respect. It can be a grim task at time, but makes the good times even better. 

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Yeah, the person who films the game has a notepad and notes down the timings of chances as he films it

Interesting. I’ve never bothered doing that just fast forward through the game. I’m also a lazy get and haven’t done any graphics for years (the bonus is that occasionally BBC/SKY etc. use clips ripped from utube). Love hearing how other clubs film/edit their stuff. Possible thread?

2 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

For the stattos what is our best season against both Highland teams, I can't imagine there's been many good years against either of them?

Ross County

This is our 12th season of sharing a division with them:
1999/00 - 1 draw & 3 Ross County wins
2002/03 - 3 QoS wins & 1 Ross County win
2003/04 - 2 QoS wins, 1 draw & 1 Ross County win
2004/05 - 1 QoS win, 1 draw & 2 Ross County wins
2005/06 - 2 draws & 2 Ross County wins
2006/07 - 2 QoS wins & 2 Ross County wins
2008/09 - 2 QoS wins & 2 Ross County wins
2009/10 - 2 QoS wins, 1 draw & 1 Ross County win
2010/11 - 2 QoS wins, 1 draw & 1 Ross County win (and 2 abandoned!)
2011/12 - 1 draw & 3 Ross County wins
2018/19 - 1 QoS win, 2 draws and 1 to play

2002/03 was our best then with 3 wins of 4 and 9 points. There are 3 other seasons we've managed 7 points though. We can only 8 at best this season though it could potentially be the first time we've ever played a season against them without a loss.

Inverness CT

This is just our 7th season sharing a division:
1997/98 - 3 QoS wins & 1 ICT win
1998/99 - 2 draws & 2 ICT wins
2002/03 - 1 draw & 3 ICT wins
2003/04 - 2 QoS wins & 2 ICT wins
2009/10 - 1 QoS win, 1 draw & 2 ICT wins
2017/18 - 2 draws & 2 ICT wins
2018/19 - 1 QoS win & 2 draws and 1 to play

1997/98 easily our best season against them with 9 points and three wins. Our record over the years is worse against ICT than it is against County. 03/04 with 6 points is the only other season we've managed more than the 5 we've already got this season. As with County we can't set any records as even winning the 4th game will only give us 8 points but we could again finish the season unbeaten against them for the first time.

I saw the tackle for which the Ross County player was rightly sent off for but what actually  happened in the lead-up to it that meant the game was  restarted with a free-kick awarded to Ross County on the halfway line?  I couldn't fathom that one out. 

Archived