Queens v Ross County

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

Can’t say I’m surprised the usual suspects have a couple of negative comments despite us thumping the league leaders 4-0.

Well done Queens

I am even happy tonight a brilliant team performance from Queens .

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Are there any highlights yet? I missed the first goal! 

Dont know when they'll be available but league rules says they cant go up before midnight.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Yes hats off to all those I have been critical of in the past.  Martin still gives me the fear when he remains rooted to his line but he is capable of some really important point-blank reaction saves.  Mercer is starting to show signs of progress after I felt he had stagnated a bit.  He could still show more composure on the ball, but he is at least lumping it away now whereas before he often dallied on it and lost possession.  Jacobs looks much improved now that he isn't doing the running of two players.  He still has his obvious limitations but he is back to doing the things he does well which is all we need him to do.  I can also now understand why we went with Doyle over Stirling today.  Out of position, and playing ahead of a player who is superior technically.  But it was a real team performance today, very reminiscent of the way Livi played last season, where the team outperforms the sum of it's parts.  Stirling is just too hot and cold to be relied upon as part of that unfortunately.  I hope Naysmith is able to keep him happy whilst he is out of the team though as he still has a role to play.  Sometimes you need a player like him to change a game and unlock a defence.  I don't need to eat humble pie about Todd as I have always rated him, but he deserves a mention simply because of how good he is.

All of this really. Theres definitely been improvements in the likes of Mercer and Martin, in particular. I think we're starting to see the keeper we thought we were getting, although he still looks like he has some way to go.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Doyle started today to double up on Gardyne. I think if Mercer had been left to deal with him on his own, with Stirling in front, the outcome could have been very different!

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Reasons unknown? Or maybe the fact an interview that requires no editing can pretty much be uploaded immediately whereas a highlights package takes a lot of work to put together by a volunteer in his spare time?

This. Editing highlights is pretty time consuming

Aye all I can say is well done Queens, played us off the park, a true loveless pumping. Surprised yous have only just got into the playoffs but by that performance you deserve it [emoji1319]

Loy and Dobbie are top class! No excuses at all, better team won.

Kenny van Der Weg and Lewis Spence sensational signings, can’t believe we can attract that kind of quality at this level.

Fox and Gardyne only pass marks for me today. Felt sorry for Grivo been played at RB.

Alloa home next who are also on fantastic form while we are missing graham mullin Fontaine Morris kelly stellios. Still top though

39 minutes ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Aye all I can say is well done Queens, played us off the park, a true loveless pumping. Surprised yous have only just got into the playoffs but by that performance you deserve it emoji1319.png

Kenny van Der Weg and Lewis Spence sensational signings, can’t believe we can attract that kind of quality at this level.

Fox and Gardyne only pass marks for me today. Felt sorry for Grivo been played at RB.

Alloa home next who are also on fantastic form while we are missing graham mullin Fontaine Morris kelly stellios. Still top though

Who's Loy  ? .

39 minutes ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Aye all I can say is well done Queens, played us off the park, a true loveless pumping. Surprised yous have only just got into the playoffs but by that performance you deserve it emoji1319.png

High praise indeed for Loy.

Not sure what the Dumbarton fans think.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Dont know when they'll be available but league rules says they cant go up before midnight.

This. Editing highlights is pretty time consuming

I've noticed teams are creeping earlier and earlier these days with highlights though. 10 o'clock there were highlights up of some of the games last week.

I try and add as many bells and whistles to my highlights but if I was doing the bare minumum I could get it done in an hour and a half. At the moment it takes me 4 hours a game. Plus half an hour to render.

8 hours ago, queenslad said:

Jacobs was booked for tugging the County players shirt when trying to get back just before the County player was sent off

Ah that makes sense, cheers. Ref got that one right too then, Jacobs did have a few bites. 

Agree with the comments about it being a good team performance. Dobbie was in some ways a lazy pick as MOM, although easily justified, but there were no weak links.

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've noticed teams are creeping earlier and earlier these days with highlights though. 10 o'clock there were highlights up of some of the games last week.

I try and add as many bells and whistles to my highlights but if I was doing the bare minumum I could get it done in an hour and a half. At the moment it takes me 4 hours a game. Plus half an hour to render.

Really? The highlights for Thistle take about 90 minutes(once you sit down and start to do them) tops to do, including linking up the separate audio comms to the highlights, and adding graphics etc. Obviously in real time it's closer to 8pm(for home games) before we leave the office but that includes us recording our interviews separately(not with mainstream media) and arranging all the player reaction we want etc. Preparation is key for us so we're pretty slick after the whistle.

Well I really enjoyed that, it was one those games where everything ‘clicked’ and as others have said, every player made a contribution.

Ross pinged the ball about efficiently and had more possession, but stout defending meant they never really got through and we’re restricted to shots from distance. That said, a few teams have scored screamers against us from that distance so I was still nervous a lot of the time. Plus Stewart is tall and a handful,  on another day Ross could have got a break.

Dobbs nearly scored twice before his first, he’s probably disappointed to just get two!

As we approached HT, around us we were hoping to get to HT still in the lead, so that second (beautifully worked) was a killer. And if the one that hit the bar just after HT had crept in, it would have been a different second half.  Once the third went in, we breathed a bit easier, it’s not as if we’re in the habit of losing 3 goal leads in the last 20 minutes.....

I read beforehand Ross had problems in defence, and by the end of the game I would agree with that. Dobbs did well with the fourth, but it was a punt up the park where he was surrounded by two defenders both bigger than him!

The league just got more interesting, and I believe we are now involved definitely at the right end....

Really? The highlights for Thistle take about 90 minutes(once you sit down and start to do them) tops to do, including linking up the separate audio comms to the highlights, and adding graphics etc. Obviously in real time it's closer to 8pm(for home games) before we leave the office but that includes us recording our interviews separately(not with mainstream media) and arranging all the player reaction we want etc. Preparation is key for us so we're pretty slick after the whistle.

Possibly the key word in that post is “we”?

Archived