Queens v Ross County

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been thinking about an eleven to start at Palmerston. 
-----------------Fox
Watson Draper Grivosti VDW 
Paton Cowie Lindsay Gardyne 
-----------McKay Stewart 
Then there's Mullin, Spence, McManus and whatever youth we have left to come off the bench. It's as threadbare a squad as we've had for many a year but it's a functional if not an inspiring XI but it's to play away at Palmerston and if functional can get us a point and maybe challenge for all three then that'll do today.

Given the box of frogs that is that likely back four, I wouldn’t be surprised if Spence plays rather than Stewart or Paton, and Cowie plays on the right.

Either way, I’d take a point right now.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No excuses for not winning today then. If we fail then Naysmith deserves all the criticism that'll come his way. 

Screenshot_20190112-143105.png

I'd rather we started with 9 players if it means Sean Kelly doesn't get on the field. 

It's Spence and VDW missing from that list,  Josh Mullin & Midge are both starting that's great news, could be some goals in this.

7 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Game Day. Me and the family travelled up through the night. There going soft play and the park later while I have the afternoon to myself watching the football. Can't wait. Mon the South!!

As a fellow Doonhamer doon south still planning my first trip of the season... at half-time, I am absolutely delighted for you.

Wow. That's as good a (half) performance I've seen from us in a very long time. Probably since the Ayr game. We look dangerous every time we go forward and look pretty sound defensively. Martin with a great save aside.

Dobbie has the County defence on toast but Fox has been keeping him at bay; comfortably County's best player and has definitely kept them in it.

The seethe Low is generating from everyone County is delicious. Having a cracking game so far and it's nice to have two energetic midfielders in there.

2-0 is never enough for us so I'm still very cautious at this stage.

It's not silky stuff but the work rate is effective. County have had their chances but other than Aldo point blank save everything has gone wide. Nicky low seems a very good acquisition and Maguire has done a good job. Lyndon having a good game winning lots of the ball. My only complaint really is mercer punting it up long for Dobbie. Please stop. Cracking first half well done queen's

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wow. That's as good a (half) performance I've seen from us in a very long time. Probably since the Ayr game. We look dangerous every time we go forward and look pretty sound defensively. Martin with a great save aside.

I missed the Ayr game so will have to say it's the best 1st half I've seen (other than Crusaders, but that's different) Dobbie looking sharp, Low exactly what was needed in the middle. Doyle took his goal well but imagine the damage Andy Stirling would be doing to Van Der Weg if he was let loose.

Ref doing his best to ruin a good game. Michael Gardyne booked for saying what we were all thinking "ref just f*kkin let us play"

I missed the Ayr game so will have to say it's the best 1st half I've seen (other than Crusaders, but that's different) Dobbie looking sharp, Low exactly what was needed in the middle. Doyle took his goal well but imagine the damage Andy Stirling would be doing to Van Der Weg if he was let loose.
Ref doing his best to ruin a good game. Michael Gardyne booked for saying what we were all thinking "ref just f*kkin let us play"
The ref has been awful for both sides. 27 for County should have been booked by now, how he gave a goal kick when Fox punched it out and how Dykes wasn't penalised for taking out the County player is utterly incredible stuff.

Archived