Queens v Ross County

Was not impressed with County on  Friday night  only problem is they won't play that poor again.

I expect Queens will see a fully committed County team really up for the game .

Hopefully Queens will take confidence from the really good win at Inverness 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was not impressed with County on  Friday night  only problem is they won't play that poor again.
I expect Queens will see a fully committed County team really up for the game .
Hopefully Queens will take confidence from the really good win at Inverness 

After seeing both teams perform this game could genuinely go either way.

I’d play Stirling RM and Doyle CB for this. Stirling was too good for the bench today, Doyle has proved his worth to the team time after time and you can’t drop Mercer after today. Maguire may have to wait for his chance

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Thats us most weeks tbh, admittedly without the one or two moments of magic/decent football that see us grind out a result (eg - terrible against Caley all game, but a tremendous ball in from Draper set up a great header from Stewart to win the game).

For this game we will be missing: both left backs; our right back (and captain); our 2 first choice centrebacks; our most creative midfielder; our best player (Mullins) has been struggling with a tight hamstring the last couple games, missing one and sub in the other; and Gardyne is just back from weeks of injury.

So im not expecting much from County, going to need a disciplined display from a bit of a Franken-team, hopefully we'll have enough quality on the pitch to knick something?

I'm looking forward to my first visit to Dumfries since an utterly forgettable 0-0 in our Championship winning season.

Christ knows what team we will put out or what tactics the managers will decide to use. Some County fans are unhappy about Kettlewell and Ferguson not having a Plan B. I'm unsure if they even have a Plan A most of the time.

12 hours ago, dingdong1929 said:

Thats us most weeks tbh, admittedly without the one or two moments of magic/decent football that see us grind out a result (eg - terrible against Caley all game, but a tremendous ball in from Draper set up a great header from Stewart to win the game).

For this game we will be missing: both left backs; our right back (and captain); our 2 first choice centrebacks; our most creative midfielder; our best player (Mullins) has been struggling with a tight hamstring the last couple games, missing one and sub in the other; and Gardyne is just back from weeks of injury.

So im not expecting much from County, going to need a disciplined display from a bit of a Franken-team, hopefully we'll have enough quality on the pitch to knick something?

I have no idea who is going to be playing in defence this weekend.  Anything County get from this game is a bonus.  I'd love to have Mullin and Gardyne playing together from the start, though.  It feels like that hasn't happened all season.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea who is going to be playing in defence this weekend.  Anything County get from this game is a bonus.  I'd love to have Mullin and Gardyne playing together from the start, though.  It feels like that hasn't happened all season.

Aye, its nuts. 5 of our 6 first team defenders are out.

I think Mullin and Gardyne started 5 league games together at the start of the season, before Gardyne got injured for a couple of months, and when Gardyne came back Mullin got injured.
So our two first-choice  wide-players haven't started a game together since September when we beat Dundee Utd 5-1.

Aye, its nuts. 5 of our 6 first team defenders are out.
I think Mullin and Gardyne started 5 league games together at the start of the season, before Gardyne got injured for a couple of months, and when Gardyne came back Mullin got injured.
So our two first-choice  wide-players haven't played together since September when we beat Dundee Utd 5-1.

You won't have to worry too much about not having any fit defenders when you play against us!

57 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep not as if we have a 30 goal striker.

We are the 4th highest scorers in the Championship behind the league's top three teams.  Not bad going for a negative team. 

Of course we owe a lot of that to the 30 goal striker, but every team relies on their main striker for goals.  It just happens that ours in better than most.

8 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Someone mentioned County were suppose to be signing a LB from you southern lot, not that it’ll be the week we play yous but any news on that one?

Rumour only that Marshall was linked with you lot.  If true expect a fee to be involved as he's still under contract.  Best described as a worker, steady,  good enough for this division.  Fairly well appreciated by our fans I would say.  Considering we are working with a smallish squad and he's our only real left back,  and regular starter,  its odd he's being linked with a move but our Manager may have other options pending. Marshall didn't accept the offer to re-sign after last season citing the amount of travelling involved (he's from NE England)  but a lack of offers from elsewhere saw him change his mind and sign on again.  IF he does move to you he will probably decide  to  relocate. 

56 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Rumour only that Marshall was linked with you lot.  If true expect a fee to be involved as he's still under contract.  Best described as a worker, steady,  good enough for this division.  Fairly well appreciated by our fans I would say.  Considering we are working with a smallish squad and he's our only real left back,  and regular starter,  its odd he's being linked with a move but our Manager may have other options pending. Marshall didn't accept the offer to re-sign after last season citing the amount of travelling involved (he's from NE England)  but a lack of offers from elsewhere saw him change his mind and sign on again.  IF he does move to you he will probably decide  to  relocate. 

Don't think he would have any option but to relocate canny see him travelling over 400 miles a day for training!!

20 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't think he would have any option but to relocate canny see him travelling over 400 miles a day for training!!

It sounds like a weird rumour with little in the way of factual basis, but either way he'd have to relocate as, like Dundee United, County make/help their players move to the area.

He did some great work to setup our equaliser against Caley at the weekend. Generally though the results from his forays forward are mixed. It’s probably the reason he is still at Queens as he is sound enough defensively.

I wouldn’t grudge him a crack at a higher level as he has been a good servant. I’m not convinced he would cut it but he does seem to be one of these “manager’s dream” type players. Works hard in both training and matches, and does what he’s told. So you never know.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

He did some great work to setup our equaliser against Caley at the weekend. Generally though the results from his forays forward are mixed. It’s probably the reason he is still at Queens as he is sound enough defensively.

I wouldn’t grudge him a crack at a higher level as he has been a good servant. I’m not convinced he would cut it but he does seem to be one of these “manager’s dream” type players. Works hard in both training and matches, and does what he’s told. So you never know.

I think the fact he’s not a particularly eye catching player doesn’t help him.  In comparison Shaun Rooney repeatedly gets opportunities despite him lacking any brain cells on a footballing level but he’s big and makes crazy runs forward which managers naively think that they can be the one to control him. Whereas Marshall is a 7/10 player who won’t dominate any metric or eye test but has improved year on year.  It’s a minor gripe I have that people focus too much on a raw potential when it needs a radical change in mindset to fulfil over someone who just gets what he needs to do. Not that it has hurt us much mind.

Archived