Alloa v Morton

8 hours ago, Wasperoonie said:

Ball def crept over line before Waddell hoofed it, from my view right behind goal. Great highlights package as usual. Am i correct in saying St Mirren cup highlights will be on Sportscene on Sat night?
Ahhh....the good ole days...

Pretty sure Waddell is the defender who somehow managed to slice it over the line? Think it was Kilday who was trying to clear it at the end but the ball was definitely already over the line. 

Do have some sympathy for Waddell though. Not so long ago there would have been no highlights. Now thousands of people are laughing at his mistake. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Pretty sure Waddell is the defender who somehow managed to slice it over the line? Think it was Kilday who was trying to clear it at the end but the ball was definitely already over the line. 

Do have some sympathy for Waddell though. Not so long ago there would have been no highlights. Now thousands of people are laughing at his mistake. 

Yeah Waddell was the one that sliced it towards to goal with Kilday trying to clear when it was already in.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:25, LeodhasXD said:

300,000+ views across all platforms on the second goal and now the BBC want a copy. 

Can you imagine being Kerr Waddell right now? :lol:

Don't think Waddell is to blame at all, not only did he not expect the ball to fire back in that direction it looks like it had spin on it and slightly moved direction as it bounced almost on the line! The baw should have been booted to f**k oot into the stand!

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Also to add that Waddell has been outstanding for us so we'll let this one slide if he was indeed the one who fucked it up.

He’s really not been, though. He’s been the best of a bad lot when you consider the dross he’s been playing alongside in that defence, but considering how blessed we’ve for central defenders over the last few years, and comparing his performances to those of Lamie, Gunning and even Snake O’Ware, he’s been anything but “outstanding”.

He obviously appears to be popular amongst the support, but I suspect it’s mostly young boys that are quite keen on sleeve tattoos, fancy haircuts and sharing shots in Word Up with professional footballers that are his biggest fans.

He’s certainly not our biggest problem at the moment, but let’s keep things in context. He’s not actually that good.

16 hours ago, Toby said:

He’s really not been, though. He’s been the best of a bad lot when you consider the dross he’s been playing alongside in that defence, but considering how blessed we’ve for central defenders over the last few years, and comparing his performances to those of Lamie, Gunning and even Snake O’Ware, he’s been anything but “outstanding”.

He obviously appears to be popular amongst the support, but I suspect it’s mostly young boys that are quite keen on sleeve tattoos, fancy haircuts and sharing shots in Word Up with professional footballers that are his biggest fans.

He’s certainly not our biggest problem at the moment, but let’s keep things in context. He’s not actually that good.

Fair doo's Toby, maybe outstanding was the wrong word to use but he's been a pretty solid signing so far IMO, I don't have many complaints and that's nothing to do with tattoos and fancy hairdo's. I'm 35, I couldn't care less, I love his commitment and workrate and yes he makes the odd mistake but he's a brilliant player to have at this level, no doubts about it.

18 hours ago, Toby said:

You sound like a middle aged fart. He is a 20 year old who has played about 30 professional games. Any comparison with Lamie etc is fatuous unless made at the same point in their careers.

Stick to peddling junk food rather than player critiques.

4 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

You sound like a middle aged fart. He is a 20 year old who has played about 30 professional games. Any comparison with Lamie etc is fatuous unless made at the same point in their careers.

Stick to peddling junk food rather than player critiques.

The last time you piped up about a centre back on the Morton forum, it didn’t end terribly well for you, Ed.

Probably best sitting this one out.

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Maybe while I'm sitting I'll tinker about with a few Trip Advisor "restaurant" reviews. Give you something to read on. a night shift. 

I used to think of you as a kind of harmless but annoying a*hole.

Turns out you're  a creepy malevolent reptile. You actually disgust me.

11 hours ago, cappiecat said:

I used to think of you as a kind of harmless but annoying a*hole.

Turns out you're  a creepy malevolent reptile. You actually disgust me.

Wow. Take a minute to read that back to yourself.

If you really let a few snarky posts from some anonymous fanny on a backwater internet forum get to you to that extent then seriously you ought to step away from the keyboard and get yourself out a bit more.

(Cue inevitable "I won't be told by the likes of you" type post.  Of course you won't. But you should be).

14 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Maybe while I'm sitting I'll tinker about with a few Trip Advisor "restaurant" reviews. Give you something to read on. a night shift. 

It may or may not come as a surprise/disappointment to you Eric, but I left my last job in June last year, rendering your threats pretty futile.

Give yourself a pat on the back though- a good, solid 3/10 for effort.

14 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Away and take all yer fighting to yer own thread please, god knows we have been doing plenty on ours ..bye now....

Who entrusted you with the role of setting the agenda for debate on here?

2 hours ago, Toby said:

It may or may not come as a surprise/disappointment to you Eric, but I left my last job in June last year, rendering your threats pretty futile.

Give yourself a pat on the back though- a good, solid 3/10 for effort.

Who entrusted you with the role of setting the agenda for debate on here?

Such a drama queen, what’s with the emotive language?

I always thought you were a bit of a square fish in a round bun. Must have been sheer hell for you having to serve young boys who are keen on sleeve tattoos, fancy haircuts etc. and at the same time having to dish out gold stars instead of red dots. 

Hope your search for a new position was a bit more successful than Coach Clueless’s or the Poundshop PhD guy’s. Maybe a job as a lemon tester would be in keeping with your demeanour.

Archived