Alloa v Morton

https://twitter.com/AlloaAthleticFC/status/1084385382920269829?s=19

Having watched that catastrophe of a 2md goal again it looks like McKeown hooked it back into the middle of our goal (or at the very least did an absolutely terrible job of putting it the park) which is just another piece of evidence that he's nowhere near good enough.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

Having watched that catastrophe of a 2md goal again it looks like McKeown hooked it back into the middle of our goal (or at the very least did an absolutely terrible job of putting it the park) which is just another piece of evidence that he's nowhere near good enough.

I thought that too at first. He tries to smash it off Zanatta for a goal kick presumably. Kerr Waddell is the main culprit.

17 hours ago, whereismillar said:

looked to me that he was unsighted ..

Looked beaten by bounce.

I felt we had a decent first half and passed the ball well.

Sadly JJ didn't see the second half coming. Major error sitting back and letting the train get up to full speed.

Thought boy went down to easy for penalty but may have been delayed reaction to earlier Scully missed clearance and punch.

Don't see Alloa have any problems with relegation. Cup maybe will be a holiday for Saints but we are all with you so best wishes next week.

Worry for us next week especially if we persist with one up and don't use Iredales energy.

2 hours ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

Just watched the goal it's worse that I thought. Sadly at the game I thought Kerr could have and should have calmly blocked it and kicked it away. 

I blame the Alloa player who missed the open goal.

At this stage it is pointless banging on about the same old faults,They are just symptomatic of the duds we have. Equally haranguing JJ is a bit like criticising the tea boy when management only gave him sawdust. What on earth have Robinson Hawke and Anderson being doing as board members other than to fail to facilitate any sort of signing that would even moderately strengthen the squad. Our vastly experienced accountant might struggle to read newspapers but surely even he must realise its a 3 and not 30 year plan. 

Saints goals have gone viral a couple of times in the past couple of seasons - that goal against Dunfermline and Hammill's worldies got us a lot of attention.

Good to see Morton raising their game and getting the spotlight they deserve on social media this weekend.

On 12/01/2019 at 18:37, whereismillar said:

looked to me that he was unsighted ..

Looking at the highlights you were bang on with that. He was unsighted and there looked to be an awkward bounce as well. Certainly not his fault. 

Can't really see from the video the extent of the contact between Scully and Trouten for the pen (the one that was given) but crazy to come flying out like that. 

Terrific play from Taggart to put Trouten in. Great run from Hetherington later on too, making a claim for a shot at right wing. 

300,000+ views across all platforms on the second goal and now the BBC want a copy. 

Can you imagine being Kerr Waddell right now? [emoji38]

I think the ball may have already been over the line before Waddell kicks it. Although that will be no consolation to him.

Good highlights. Challenge on Trouts for the penalty clearly a foul for me; Trouts knows exactly what he's doing, but of course that is irrelevant.

Can't remember seeing many (any?) penalties given for challenges like Scully's 'punch' on Trouts. It's certainly not a 'dangerous' challenge. Keepers come out and try to punch the ball like that all the time, often missing the ball and often catching a player. You could maybe argue it's careless, but the right decision IMO.

43 minutes ago, printer said:

Can't remember seeing many (any?) penalties given for challenges like Scully's 'punch' on Trouts. It's certainly not a 'dangerous' challenge. Keepers come out and try to punch the ball like that all the time, often missing the ball and often catching a player. You could maybe argue it's careless, but the right decision IMO.

In the heat of the game I thought it was a penalty. But watching it again this morning I would agree that the ref got the decision correct at the time.

42 minutes ago, printer said:

Oh aye I meant to ask that. Did Parry not get one against him when he's came out and punched a player like that? I have a vague memory of us getting away with it against stenhousemuir was it Ally Roy that got clobbered? But I'm sure there was one that was a penalty.

I think if you punch a player like that it's probably reckless no? I said at the time it was only a glancing blow but if he really caught him trouts would have been badly hurt.

Oh aye I meant to ask that. Did Parry not get one against him when he's came out and punched a player like that? I have a vague memory of us getting away with it against stenhousemuir was it Ally Roy that got clobbered? But I'm sure there was one that was a penalty.
I think if you punch a player like that it's probably reckless no? I said at the time it was only a glancing blow but if he really caught him trouts would have been badly hurt.

Did we not concede a penalty like that against Brechin at home?

Lino said it wasn’t a penalty but ref gave it

7 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Did we not concede a penalty like that against Brechin at home?

Lino said it wasn’t a penalty but ref gave it

Just looked back. Parry scoops the ball away with his hand and then collides with the player with his body. Never a penalty but this one is much worse than that.  26th December if you want to look back.

Archived