Alloa v Morton

I’m sure the JJ out brigade will now return in their numbers after that. However that result surely has to be completely laid at the door of Ryan Scully. Utter diddy who should be emptied at the earliest possible opportunity. In complete control until a rash and foolish dive at the ball and complete indecision causing the second. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JimGoodwinYouSeemUpset.jpg
Jim Goodwin:

Hammer of the Ton then.
Hammer of the Ton now.
Hammer of the Ton forever.

[emoji813]️

Wish he was our manager...
I applaud the bravery of these posts ahead of next week. Fair play.

Alloa 6 ahead of Falkirk, 7 ahead of Partick. Not too unhappy with that outcome.

Alloa 6 ahead of Falkirk, 7 ahead of Partick. Not too unhappy with that outcome.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Alloa beat us next week. You’re clearly a well organised side with an excellent young manager who’s destined for full time football very soon....

at the second goal, there was a viscious spin on the ball to be fair to waddell it looked worse IMO

on the second half performance we deserved the win though, could have been three but Scully made a good save from flanny

no doubt the opposition will be wanting the manager sacked and their team is p*sh, this is normal..don't panic..

50 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

That's a very good point. Not sure I can handle having the Jim Goodwin memes used against us. :lol:

JJ decision to start with a clearly injured Keeper was massive in their downfall.
Once again we didn’t really engage till we were behind. Alloa still not scored in first half at home this season.
Very contentious decision not give a penalty when Scully clearly miss times his jump and catches Trouten in the face with his fist. Trouten gained revenge when Scully caught him when he was going to ground. The OG was something out of the laurel and hardie movie. Don’t think you will ever see a more bizarre goal again.

Wasn’t totally convinced that there was much contact for the pen that Alloa got but the keeper certainly made it easy for the ref to give it. 

The second goal was comedy gold from both teams, keeper missing the cross, the Alloa player heading the ball back rather than into the empty net, the two attempted clearances one hitting the Alloa player and the other spinning the ball into the net. 

Nobody can complain about the result and as a Saints fan Alloa will definitely be in the game next week. The second half today when their midfield were getting beyond the strikers was when they looked  the most dangerous. 

Absolutely dreadful and 3 points was nothing less than Alloa deserved, absolutely pummeled us second half. That we invited them to pummel us is another matter. Defended deeper and deeper as the half went on and even then it was pretty desperate stuff a few times to keep them out. Johansen needs to have a serious think at what he thinks he's doing by setting up like that because it doesn't make us more solid, we don't have the pace to play on the break, McHugh spends the whole game without service and our midfield is totally wasted in a footballing sense.

First half I actually thought we kept possession fairly well without really troubling Alloa. Stick on penalty for me when Scully flapped at a cross (not for the first or last time) and took out Trouten. 

Scully again needs questioned about what he was doing coming out to challenge Trouten who was running wide at pace. Whether he caught him or not he's given the ref a decision to make as he was nowhere near the ball. The other point there was how easily Trouten managed to get a free run through the middle when we were playing with 3 centre halfs and 3 central midfielders!

2nd goal was an absolute shambles. Again Scully nowhere close to the high ball, McKeown didn't deal with it and Waddell made an arse of his attempted clearance. 

Pish.

Only possible positive was that Dykes didn't look like a total dud when he came on.

3 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Wasn’t totally convinced that there was much contact for the pen that Alloa got but the keeper certainly made it easy for the ref to give it. 

The second goal was comedy gold from both teams, keeper missing the cross, the Alloa player heading the ball back rather than into the empty net, the two attempted clearances one hitting the Alloa player and the other spinning the ball into the net. 

Nobody can complain about the result and as a Saints fan Alloa will definitely be in the game next week. The second half today when their midfield were getting beyond the strikers was when they looked  the most dangerous. 

Nice to see some SPL fans visiting then, albeit  St Mirren fans so far. looking forward to the Buddies game ,especially when they have not played for a wee while. 

3 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Can we rename your ground the Chris Millar Stadium? :D 

Sounds better than Indodrill so if you're still interested when that deal runs out then give us a shout with your offer. 

Another great win. Big Neil looked slow getting down for the Morton goal, which is very unlike him, but other than that I felt Morton offered very little threat and that Alloa were the better side for the majority of the game. Will need to see the highlights but my first instinct was that Trouten was fouled for the penalty claim at the end of the first half but that he went down looking for the penalty in the second. Did think the ref was bang on with the Trouten and Flannigan bookings but he was clearly wrong when Dario was dragged back early on when breaking free and he also gave us a corner when it was goal kick shortly after that. 

Winner was bizarre but over the piece Alloa deserved to win that match, the only time Morton were on top was in the last few minutes when we sat a bit too deep. 

Great spirit once more from this Alloa team, really proud of them. 

5 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Nice to see some SPL fans visiting then, albeit  St Mirren fans so far. looking forward to the Buddies game ,especially when they have not played for a wee while. 

Cheers enjoyed a good day out, soup was fantastic, my son and I fancied a game and it was a toss up between this one and Thistle Falkirk, I’m glad we chose this one. 

TBH I think the championship clubs could have done more to try and entice some neutrals to their games during the winter break. 

1 minute ago, DumbartonBud said:

Cheers enjoyed a good day out, soup was fantastic, my son and I fancied a game and it was a toss up between this one and Thistle Falkirk, I’m glad we chose this one. 

TBH I think the championship clubs could have done more to try and entice some neutrals to their games during the winter break. 

Good point Actually ,but Mr mulraney would shudder at the thought

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

looked to me that he was unsighted ..

That could explain it! Rather soft goal anyway. Although not as soft as the winner :lol::lol:. Should say that Neily was class in those closing stages, coming to claim high balls and showing a cool head. Real class act. 

Archived