• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
IainMorton

Alloa v Morton

I've been up there a few times. Enjoy it tbh. Don't enjoy it so much when a game has been called off and didn't have a clue though, which did happen on one visit. Canny remember when that was.

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

I've been up there a few times. Enjoy it tbh. Don't enjoy it so much when a game has been called off and didn't have a clue though, which did happen on one visit. Canny remember when that was.

The last game being I remember was 16th January 16  when it was abandoned just after half time with us leading 1 nil.  

12509376_10206447346926719_7533458453651453465_n.jpg

13 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

The last game being I remember was 16th January 16  when it was abandoned just after half time with us leading 1 nil.  

Did we win the rearranged fixture? I remember at the time thinking sod's law when we're actually winning a game it gets abandoned. Watch them win when the weather is clear.

Edited by LeodhasXD

9 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Bless - I see that even today some Alloa fans are persisting with the fake news agenda that the pitch was still playable. None of those lines were visible when the referee correctly abandoned the match about halfway into the second half. The replayed match finished in a 2-2 draw IIRC.

Alloa sending out a couple of gormless club flunkies to try and sweep the lines clear in a blizzard while the game was taking place around them to cling onto a home league win. Definite banter years material. 

5 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

Any pubs close to the ground

The pubs are in the town centre about ten minutes walk from the ground. Being the eastern version of Port Glasgow it has a selection of chain pubs/absolute cowps for all sections of the away support. 

Edited by vikingTON

46 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Did we win the rearranged fixture? I remember at the time thinking sod's law when we're actually winning a game it gets abandoned. Watch them win when the weather is clear.

We lost the re arranged fixture 2 nil if my memory serves me right.

36 minutes ago, virginton said:

The pubs are in the town centre about ten minutes walk from the ground. Being the eastern version of Port Glasgow it has a selection of chain pubs/absolute cowps for all sections of the away support. 

The Station across the road from the train station is an old sawdust and spit pub but a lot of Alloa Supporters use it before and after the game .

20 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

We lost the re arranged fixture 2 nil if my memory serves me right.

Was it not 2-2? I’m sure we were 2-0 up early on but threw it away in typical Morton style.

25 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Was it not 2-2? I’m sure we were 2-0 up early on but threw it away in typical Morton style.

Stand corrected  I probably left for a pint  at 2 nil

50 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Image result for inception

Fucking Alloa are up to something anyway!

your paranoia is striking..

12 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Same old Alloa, always cheating IMO.

We are placing Hunners of white rabbits in the Gazebo.. just for you ..

Rumours Morton might field a 14-yr-old keeper in an attempt to hand three points to Alloa in their quest to relegate Fa'kirk and/or Thistle have been vastly overstated... I think.

This would be a tricky enough game for us without both our keepers somehow getting injured at the same time. Home win is the most likely then, which would at least have the benefit of putting another nail in the horrible little coffins of Falkirk and Partick. Which is nice. 

The Station across the road from the train station is an old sawdust and spit pub but a lot of Alloa Supporters use it before and after the game .

That will do nicely,just like being in a Greenock pub