Alloa v Morton

Sounds better than Indodrill so if you're still interested when that deal runs out then give us a shout with your offer. 
Another great win. Big Neil looked slow getting down for the Morton goal, which is very unlike him, but other than that I felt Morton offered very little threat and that Alloa were the better side for the majority of the game. Will need to see the highlights but my first instinct was that Trouten was fouled for the penalty claim at the end of the first half but that he went down looking for the penalty in the second. Did think the ref was bang on with the Trouten and Flannigan bookings but he was clearly wrong when Dario was dragged back early on when breaking free and he also gave us a corner when it was goal kick shortly after that. 
Winner was bizarre but over the piece Alloa deserved to win that match, the only time Morton were on top was in the last few minutes when we sat a bit too deep. 
Great spirit once more from this Alloa team, really proud of them. 

Funny, I thought the first penalty claim was never a pen and the second looked stone-wall. Whether or not Scully made enough contact to force him down doesn’t really matter much, he gave the referee a decision and you see those given all the time. Alloa fully deserved the 3 points based on the second half alone.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, I thought the first penalty claim was never a pen and the second looked stone-wall. Whether or not Scully made enough contact to force him down doesn’t really matter much, he gave the referee a decision and you see those given all the time. Alloa fully deserved the 3 points based on the second half alone.
I had a pretty good view of the penalty and my first thought was Trouten dived but I think if he has Morton and Scully in particular would have made a bigger fuss then they did

14 minutes ago, pencils said:
58 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

I had a pretty good view of the penalty and my first thought was Trouten dived but I think if he has Morton and Scully in particular would have made a bigger fuss then they did

He sees Scully coming and just knocks it so he can't possibly get it. He plays for it but 100% stonewall penalty. First one is a stonewaller too. Absolute madness that you can punch a player in the head get nowhere near the ball and it not be a foul.

4 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

I was right behind it, well placed and passed into the net, but I do think the keeper was slightly unsighted. 

Aye Neil is unsighted. Roscoe ducks out the way which I think was the complaint after it.

6 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

The whole defence is a bomb scare.we are going no where with that back four,alloa knew this and for a part time team I give them credit.they played excellent today.

Was that not a back 5? Honest question I put it down as 5 for the highlights.

Great game . I thought Morton were good on the break in the first half and pressed us well up the pitch but they were never going to do that for 90 minutes. 

Best team won and our second half performance was excellent. I thought we were trying to walk the ball into the net far  too often . A great advert for the championship a game with plenty edge and commitment. 

The referee though  had  a poor game in my opinion and was too fussy. A stonewall penalty and we should have had an earlier penalty at the end of the first half . 

To be honest I was impressed with Morton at the back. Their defending was "no nonsense "but really tough to break down but the best team won . 

A great result for alloa given dunfermline losing . We are looking up the table as our football deserves that . 

22 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

The whole defence is a bomb scare.we are going no where with that back four,alloa knew this and for a part time team I give them credit.they played excellent today.

Same defence that strolled it to a clean sheet against the league leaders last week and played well the week before 

Fickle as f**k as per

Was that not a back 5? Honest question I put it down as 5 for the highlights.

It was indeed a back 5; Waddell Buchanan and Kilday as CBs with Tumilty RB and McKeown LB. I thought McKeown was poor all day and had a torrid time at points but generally it was in the middle-to-front areas we struggled the most.

Alloa thoroughly deserved the win. They played some good stuff and ran all over us, particularly in second half. 

Counter attacking plan was madness from JJ when we have no pace in our side. 5 at the back for 90 mins was a joke!

Well done Alloa.

1 hour ago, tonup9 said:

I thought it was three centre half’s, Buchanan, Kilday and the OG guy with two wing backs that were pushed back in the second half to make a 5. I think the wind did get up during the game which might have contributed to Morton playing the second half on the back foot. ...... or maybe Alloa were better. 

6 hours ago, Wasperoonie said:

I stood right behind Scully both halves. From minute 1 he was clearly struggling with an injury. The decision to play him was massive in your defeat.

He certainly struggles from the first minute of games, but it's got more to do with his ability as a goalkeeper than whether he's fully fit or not. No argument that the decision to play him is massive in every defeat we have with him in the team though.

That's twice we've had two wins in a row followed by a game against Alloa, giving us something to build on with Johansson getting a chance to prove he can put a run of results together and has got something about him as a manager, and twice Jim Goodwin has absolutely ragdolled him  tactically with the margin of defeat flattering Morton. That second half was domination from start to finish, Alloa were quite simply a class above and should have scored three or four. The way they were effortlessly waltzing through the midfield at 2-1 was genuinely funny.

I can't wait to see that second goal again.

5 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

What’s happened to the Morton pre season feel good factor?
Thought this squad was apparently a set up from last season’s mid table, mediocrity?
PS thanks for the boy Doyle.....he’s some boi likes emoji108.png

Oooft Doyle hahaha ur welcome he is a fekin horse, 

Archived