Alloa v Morton

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

I've been up there a few times. Enjoy it tbh. Don't enjoy it so much when a game has been called off and didn't have a clue though, which did happen on one visit. Canny remember when that was.

The last game being I remember was 16th January 16  when it was abandoned just after half time with us leading 1 nil.  

12509376_10206447346926719_7533458453651453465_n.jpg

13 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

The last game being I remember was 16th January 16  when it was abandoned just after half time with us leading 1 nil.  

Did we win the rearranged fixture? I remember at the time thinking sod's law when we're actually winning a game it gets abandoned. Watch them win when the weather is clear.

9 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Bless - I see that even today some Alloa fans are persisting with the fake news agenda that the pitch was still playable. None of those lines were visible when the referee correctly abandoned the match about halfway into the second half. The replayed match finished in a 2-2 draw IIRC.

Alloa sending out a couple of gormless club flunkies to try and sweep the lines clear in a blizzard while the game was taking place around them to cling onto a home league win. Definite banter years material. 

5 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

Any pubs close to the ground

The pubs are in the town centre about ten minutes walk from the ground. Being the eastern version of Port Glasgow it has a selection of chain pubs/absolute cowps for all sections of the away support. 

46 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Did we win the rearranged fixture? I remember at the time thinking sod's law when we're actually winning a game it gets abandoned. Watch them win when the weather is clear.

We lost the re arranged fixture 2 nil if my memory serves me right.

36 minutes ago, virginton said:

The pubs are in the town centre about ten minutes walk from the ground. Being the eastern version of Port Glasgow it has a selection of chain pubs/absolute cowps for all sections of the away support. 

The Station across the road from the train station is an old sawdust and spit pub but a lot of Alloa Supporters use it before and after the game .

This would be a tricky enough game for us without both our keepers somehow getting injured at the same time. Home win is the most likely then, which would at least have the benefit of putting another nail in the horrible little coffins of Falkirk and Partick. Which is nice. 

Archived