Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

A traditional stand with a bit of character and atmosphere. I can see why a Falkirk fan would hate it.

You shouldnt have to creak your neck round stantions to see whats happening on the pitch in this day and age.

20 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

She's utterly clueless. If she wasn't female she'd have been punted years ago. 

No need for her either. If you want a gender balance get one of the Glasgow City ex players that at least know the game.

Andy Murray would be proud. 

Glasgow City? Do we really need another voice from central Scotland?

Most of the media presenters and commentators are from north and central Scotland, so a voice from the south is welcome.  

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

C’mon BPM, Sandra isn’t that bad.

Mind you, if you are getting walloped by Queens on a regular basis, then I can see why you have a disliking for her. She does find it difficult to disguise her allegencies. 

Anyway, a good away point for you boys today. 

She really is. Her interrupting everyone else by shrieking like a banshee any time QotS get near the box is dreadful, and she doesn't have a clue about any players for other teams.

"Finding it difficult to disguise her allegiances" is the least of the issue with her. 

33 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

A traditional stand with a bit of character and atmosphere. I can see why a Falkirk fan would hate it.

Character????

I leaned on a wall and got covered in flaking paint also the toilets are how I imagine 1940s soldiers pished.

To think Partick used this in the topflight.

Thankfully football has moved on from the ramshackle deathtraps of the past and modern stadia have diversified the demographic attending hugely. Which is maybe something Partick could do with considering their crowd sizes.

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Thankfully football has moved on from the ramshackle deathtraps of the past and modern stadia have diversified the demographic attending hugely. Which is maybe something Partick could do with considering their crowd sizes.

The two stands used by home supporters are modern.

Swing and a miss.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

she doesn't have a clue about any players for other teams

Again you could level that against most of the commentators and sport writers based in the central belt. Particularly, when they are off

, of their normal old firm beat. Yes Chick Young, I am looking at you.

However, other reporters are just as bad. To be honest, if you are not in the SPFL they are just pulling names out of the tombola.

Completely disagree with that. Dixon has slotted in well and looks a lot better at centre back than I had anticipated and McKenna looks like a real quality find. He’s still raw obviously as this is only his 2nd competitive game but he’s got everything. Good in the air (actually should’ve scored second half), anticipated very well, good on the ball and is deceptively quick.

I was talking about Thistle’s two centre halves. Our two new ones look a lot more more comfortable than what we have seen this year. Thistle’s struggled when we were counter attacking.

Another day, another performance lacking in any kind of incision. With all due respect to Falkirk, a decent team would have buried them in the first half - but a decent team, we are not.

Harkins brought a composure to the midfield that we've lacked but I'm not sold on his deployment as a deep lying playmaker. Better teams would have carved us open due to his lack of mobility and apparent reluctance to do any donkey work. 

On his sending off, his first booking for a challenge on Osman was a wee bit naughty - no real complaints over that one although Dallas appeared to book him on the word of Ross MacLean. The second is harsh and I don't recall him committing a foul in between times; a final warning would maybe have been more appropriate.

We were walking a tightrope with both Bannigan and Harkins on yellows. It's easy to say with hindsight but had Dallas been more lenient with the second booking, I'm sure we'd have seen Harkins hooked before long.

However, I listened to Caldwell's post game interview on Sportsound and whilst I found the reporter's line of questioning antagonistic and her method of delivery sarky, he embarrassed himself with some of his comments. 

Elsewhere, Saunders seems a steady influence and I thought he had a good game. Penrice had an absolute shocker and looks less like a left back by the week; the deliveries that he demonstrated when he first broke into the team have deserted him and he doesn't offer enough width up the line. 

Storey put in a good shift and his pace is something that keeps opponents on the back foot. It's a shame that he has literally no end product whatsoever. There were a few occasions however where he got into great positions and had absolutely nobody to pick out - the off-the-ball movement throughout the whole team is abysmal.

The double sub of Doolan and Spittal for Erskine and Cardle was derided by a number of folk around me. Whilst Spittal could maybe count himself unlucky, Dools could have no complaints; we're seeing exactly why Archibald's management of him which was often ridiculed by many (me included) was spot on.

On a final note, I didn't fancy Hazard at all. Didn't feel like he inspired confidence in the backline, his kicking was erratic and he failed numerous times to come off his line to relieve the pressure. The saves that he did make were of the routine variety but he sent the ball right back into danger. Colour me utterly unconvinced.

On Falkirk, that's the second time that McKinnon has brought a team to Firhill this season with a rather odd set up; in the Morton cup game, they were all over the place in the first half. Not sure what the plan was but as mentioned above, another team would have been on easy street at half time today. 

Rudden will be vital - really liked the look of him. Osman won't be fit until the end of the season and looked like he was towing a truck. Paton should have been booked as soon as he came on for what looked like a rash tackle on Bannigan. 

In conclusion, two shite teams who will finish 9th and 10th barring a minor miracle.

Archived