Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

Osman still looks like he can't really be arsed with football anymore, think Falkirk will be his last club before he packs it in for good. Banzo crunching him the only thing I can really remember from the first half.

We're doomed, 1 win in 15 games + no away wins by mid-January is absolutely terrible. Can't see how we're going to pick up enough wins to keep us up.

edit: I thought the sending off was soft tbh, but it looked from a distance that Harkins didn't seem to have any complaints over it. Also got the feeling there's a great chance we'd have crumbled to a 1-1 draw in any case...

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Osman still looks like he can't really be arsed with football anymore, think Falkirk will be his last club before he packs it in for good. Banzo crunching him the only thing I can really remember from the first half.

We're doomed, 1 win in 15 games + no away wins by mid-January is absolutely terrible. Can't see how we're going to pick up enough wins to keep us up.

You really should try no home wins by mid January with it being past mid November before one of your own players scores at home.

Dont know how bad it’s been for Thistle in terms of bad performances, but I doubt you have seen anything as bad as us v QotS.

51 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

McKinnon has to take the blame for that negative performance for me today. We came looking for a point and didn't deserve one, we are lucky harkins is a thick c**t or we would be back at the bottom of the league again.  It's a couple of weeks before we play thistle and we better actually set up like a team that wants 3 points in that game.

I think we all want the 4-3-3 as predicted or like but as it stands we have 3,4 or 5 players of the pace. I don't think we will get much change till February onwards.

I'm hoping Osman is one of the pace

48 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Harkins and Caldwell share blame for that today. A game we're in control of, everyone can see Harkins is a ticking time bomb as he gets tired. Why leave him on to pick up the red card?

I'd hoped we still had Rudden to pressure Harkins today due to the point raised, he is great with ball at his feet but age and his red mist heid means he is a red card waiting when put under pressure with him struggling to do what he did 5-10 yr ago hitting him hard.

I don't know what Harkins brought to Thistle, from what I've seen of Caldwell's Thistle, it's more of an attacking third from midfield Thistle need.

Falkirk really offered nothing up until the red card. There only chances came from us being shit at passing. Once Harkins was sent off, Falkirk worked the ball a lot better with their change in shape and being able to overload the wings. 

It was also obvious in the stands that Falkirk were coming into the game in the 2nd half. So you would think dipshit would start brining on subs to break their rhythm - na, he’ll bring on two at once with 5-10mins to go...clown 

Basically if we dont score atleast 2 goals 1st half, we’ve lost. We have zero width in that team. Penrice and Elliot don’t bomb past their man as their not fast. Slater/Erskine/Storey/Spittal all cut inside the majority of time and nobody provides a decent cross..

The majority of goals I’ve seen us concede this season has been the ball ping-ponging in the box because nobody takes charge. 

Don’t know what caused it but walked out of the NS to watch a young guy deck some older dude with one punch. 

Falkirk really offered nothing up until the red card. There only chances came from us being shit at passing. Once Harkins was sent off, Falkirk worked the ball a lot better with their change in shape and being able to overload the wings. 
It was also obvious in the stands that Falkirk were coming into the game in the 2nd half. So you would think dipshit would start brining on subs to break their rhythm - na, he’ll bring on two at once with 5-10mins to go...clown 
Basically if we dont score atleast 2 goals 1st half, we’ve lost. We have zero width in that team. Penrice and Elliot don’t bomb past their man as their not fast. Slater/Erskine/Storey/Spittal all cut inside the majority of time and nobody provides a decent cross..
The majority of goals I’ve seen us concede this season has been the ball ping-ponging in the box because nobody takes charge. 
Don’t know what caused it but walked out of the NS to watch a young guy deck some an older dude with one punch. 
The older guy posts on here. Name rhymes with Gagjox.

Have absolutely no clue who the other guy might have been. His knuckles are sore though*

*allegedly

Gary Caldwell can f**k off. Apart from the goal and Banzo's tackle on Osman we were rotten. I'm not sure how much of a red card it was but most around me thought it was the right decision. He was strolling it until then, even tracked back to make a couple of tackles. There's no way we're winning enough games to stay up.

Is this interview meltdown available to listen to somewhere? Gary Caldwell can f**k off.

Gary Caldwell can f**k off. Apart from the goal and Banzo's tackle on Osman we were rotten. I'm not sure how much of a red card it was but most around me thought it was the right decision. He was strolling it until then, even tracked back to make a couple of tackles. There's no way we're winning enough games to stay up.
Is this interview meltdown available to listen to somewhere? Gary Caldwell can f**k off.

It will be on their website I am sure later today or tomorrow. It was David Brent stuff

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The older guy posts on here. Name rhymes with Gagjox.

Have absolutely no clue who the other guy might have been. His knuckles are sore though*

*allegedly

imgur_reaction.gif.9c6e63dc813c94992632133f17bb3254.gif

Good to see the team coming over to thank the crowd and the fans applauding them off - Partick players/fans all seemed like they didn't give a toss at the end 
We are absolutely scunnered after a relegation and facing another one. Unsurprisingly aren't the most enthusiastic.

I can understand why McKinnon set up the way he did today but he needs to find the right balance in the games coming up to help us create chances to win games.

Signing better defenders and better midfielders like we have should allow us to alter the shape (4-3-3).

Thistle remind me of us under Presley. Pass pass pass without really threatening us too much.

Archived