Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

38 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Not that the bookies do much research but when the striker that has got you 12pts is no longer there, given we have 16pts it's a no brainer.

Tho research would show all our wins are away from home. I honestly have no idea what to expect from us tomorrow, some predicting an attacking 4-3-3 formation away from our grinding out formations and I'd guess half expecting it to be fluent.

I personally think it will be a shit fest, Partick will pass side to side going nowhere and us defending hoping to sneak it. 

The one definite is I will partake in drinking lots of alcohol, which will be a win win....I think

Sadly I agree, hopefully Lavery is good but we really have no idea what to expect. The work rate of Rudden will be difficult to replace, nevermind having an eye for goal too. Hopefully DKD can slot right into the team and give us the creativity we've been sorely lacking.

I'm going to be in the home end as I'm going with a Thistle supporting friend who was in the South Stand for the 1-1 shitfest in November.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that the bookies do much research but when the striker that has got you 12pts is no longer there, given we have 16pts it's a no brainer.
Tho research would show all our wins are away from home. I honestly have no idea what to expect from us tomorrow, some predicting an attacking 4-3-3 formation away from our grinding out formations and I'd guess half expecting it to be fluent.
I personally think it will be a shit fest, Partick will pass side to side going nowhere and us defending hoping to sneak it. 
The one definite is I will partake in drinking lots of alcohol, which will be a win win....I think

Yes I suppose you’re right there, alcohol will be needed for this one.

Sadly I agree, hopefully Lavery is good but we really have no idea what to expect. The work rate of Rudden will be difficult to replace, nevermind having an eye for goal too. Hopefully DKD can slot right into the team and give us the creativity we've been sorely lacking.
I'm going to be in the home end as I'm going with a Thistle supporting friend who was in the South Stand for the 1-1 shitfest in November.
The loss of Ruddens work should hopefully be mitigated somewhat by the rest of the team being more capable and thus not told to camp in our own half. I would expect a resonably high press with the midfield we now have, instead of Ruddens workrate being so visible as he was the only one permitted to press high.

Like I said last week, it appears the rope a dope tactics are being dispensed with hopefully.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Rudden will be back next week IMO, hopefully along with 2 more attackers and a goalkeeper. I think we're definitely seeing a move away from the defensive set up

Hopefully correct re Rudden, the winter break in the top league is the thing we cling on to being the reason why Rudden is missing, I personally think a trade off with Rudden being a makeweight in the deal given his healthy goal per game ratio

It's not a must win. A draw will suffice then have two weeks to bond the new signings together., and possibly more incoming.Would love a win of course but let's not get greedy. Stay off bottom till we get up to speed.

Oh and Caldwell likes to bump his gums doesn't he. 

3 hours ago, MrDust said:
2 hours ago, ka202 said:

Yes I suppose you’re right there, alcohol will be needed for this one.

6 pinter...

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Rudden will be back next week IMO, hopefully along with 2 more attackers and a goalkeeper. I think we're definitely seeing a move away from the defensive set up.

So that means he’s either back tomorrow or not at all.

No really sure about the Rudden love in TBH. To me he us just awe right
Lavery has a huge chance tomorrow to stake his claim. Him and Rudden are at the same stage of their careers. Either one is potentially fine for us but even if we had both we would still be a bit thin on the ground up top in terms of experience.

As I have said before, (before dickhead tried to twist it) we cant afford to be reliant on Rudden, Lavery or even both going down the stretch IMO. Rudden was carrying too great a burden and it would be a huge mistake to expect us to get away with saddling another laddie in the same way.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No really sure about the Rudden love in TBH. To me he us just awe right

8 goals and single handed 12 pts won, stats generally can be twisted but don't think these ones can 

3 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Oh and Caldwell likes to bump his gums doesn't he. 

It’s one of his most annoying traits. Not only is he shite at his job, but is out in the media all the time rambling on about how great things are, or offering his thoughts on whatever happens to be going on in Scottish football.

He’s an absolute w**k.

8 goals and single handed 12 pts won, stats generally can be twisted but don't think these ones can 

To me he is just awe right, think we can get better. Don’t get me wrong I would take him back but technically he is short. He is 18 however which I suppose you forget.

Convinced Lavery will be decent

Beyond me why people aren't bothered about losing our only goalscorer who has a 1 in 2 record in the league while creaming their pants about bringing back a guy who scored 4 goals for us. Bonkers.

I could take or leave Nelson too TBH.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

To me he is just awe right, think we can get better. Don’t get me wrong I would take him back but technically he is short. He is 18 however which I suppose you forget.

Convinced Lavery will be decent

I hope you are right, can't argue with Ruddens pts gained an goals albeit him being very raw, for me an experienced striker would struggle to match what Rudden has achieved, tho it probably suited a hungry striker more than experienced.

I'd have loved to him being the one behind an experienced striker tomorrow, snipping at Harkins heels if he is a sitting mid and he would crack at the attention.

I do hope it all clicks tomorrow, just feel it's easier to link defence to mid than it is to attack

Archived