Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

Falkirks goal comes from a cross that should have been shut down in the first place( Taking nothing away from the falkirk players cross)  but I'd have to say Mcginty is again at fault. That's his area and as an aparantl commanding centre back he has absolutely no clue who is behind him.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Scoring an og to cut both your showers further adrift at the bottom..

Pleasing.

This message, plus your one in the Morton match thread about "not being unhappy" to see your team lose because it negatively impacted on Thistle or Falkirk, is really bizarre behaviour.

Clubs who aren't even rivals with Morton, and you'd rather they lost ground in the table than your own team won a match? What a fucking oddball.

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This message, plus your one in the Morton match thread about "not being unhappy" to see your team lose because it negatively impacted on Thistle or Falkirk, is really bizarre behaviour.

Clubs who aren't even rivals with Morton, and you'd rather they lost ground in the table than your own team won a match? What a fucking oddball.

Every1 hate the Jags even the Ton.

8 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

edit: I thought the sending off was soft tbh, but it looked from a distance that Harkins didn't seem to have any complaints over it. Also got the feeling there's a great chance we'd have crumbled to a 1-1 draw in any case...

that second yellow looks really harsh from the highlights imo...

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

Harkins first foul challenge pre booking could've been a yellow, the ref applied same with Osman, we all look for consistency and Dallas actually did that today there

7 fouls for Thistle 4 Cards. Falkirk seventeen fouls 2 cards. Paton could have been sent off for two of his fouls in his short cameo appearance but Dallas was focussed on making sure Thistle took throw-ins from the correct position.

_105162147_18317355.jpg.f01c37031ff41b3cef6a2673ffaf263d.jpg

Also note Falkirk player writhing in agony. Back on his feet and running about 30s after GGH started his ponderous journey of the pitch.

I can't really argue with the actual sending off but Dallas let plenty go especially early doors.

25 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

7 fouls for Thistle 4 Cards. Falkirk seventeen fouls 2 cards. Paton could have been sent off for two of his fouls in his short cameo appearance but Dallas was focussed on making sure Thistle took throw-ins from the correct position.

Also note Falkirk player writhing in agony. Back on his feet and running about 30s after GGH started his ponderous journey of the pitch.

I can't really argue with the actual sending off but Dallas let plenty go especially early doors.

2834597D-294A-458A-BA28-C263935049F1.gif

Patons first tackle, which got the fans on their feet, was peak Paton. Simply made a big deal about going into a 50 50 hard. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, and no foul given if we are on about the same one.

Dallas was horrific yesterday, but lets not go Old Firm here m9. He gave yous some incredibly soft fouls.

The tackle Harkins got away with in the first half was in fact, the worst of the game.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The tackle Harkins got away with in the first half was in fact, the worst of the game.

I'd agree with that. I felt Dallas was looking for an excuse to book Harkins in the second half after not booking him for that one. Once he'd booked him for a borderline foul, he had to do it again when Harkins repeated it just a few minutes later. 

Dallas also managed to miss three blatant handballs from only a few feet away. 

The Jags boss said: “We should’ve won but for another crazy decision. I had a quiet word with the ref after the game but I can’t say what he said.

“It’s private. It’s important for people’s lives they get these decisions right, though. I’m not saying they can be perfect but I think the way they go about it afterwards, the arrogance they show, isn’t great.

"It needs to improve. We need to make it better as this is people’s lives at stake in these games.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-caldwell-slams-arrogant-andrew-13848988

1) It wasn't a crazy decision - Harkins cynically fouled an opponent for the 3rd/4th time in the match  after being booked for the same thing.

2) "It's private, that's why I'm telling you about it"

3) It's not lives at stake, it's your job. If you'd been doing your job you would have seen Harkins was tiring and kicking people instead of chasing them. 

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-caldwell-slams-arrogant-andrew-13848988

1) It wasn't a crazy decision - Harkins cynically fouled an opponent for the 3rd/4th time in the match  after being booked for the same thing.

2) "It's private, that's why I'm telling you about it"

3) It's not lives at stake, it's your job. If you'd been doing your job you would have seen Harkins was tiring and kicking people instead of chasing them. 

People's lives at stake ffs. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

People's lives at stake ffs. :lol:

To be fair I think he meant (as has been quoted elsewhere) livelihoods, not lives.

Which is a fair and true comment, and one he should also consider when reflecting on what an absolutely terrible football manager he is and how he will absolutely cost people at Thistle their livelihoods when he relegates us. 

Dallas was equally shite for both teams, he likes to be centre of attention. Your players kept stealing about 5 yards with throw ins, it was quite rightly clamped down on as it was getting ridiculous. 

Amazes me how much this annoys people. You get people enraged when in reality it rarely creates any advantage for the team taking the throw in.

To be fair I think he meant (as has been quoted elsewhere) livelihoods, not lives.
Which is a fair and true comment, and one he should also consider when reflecting on what an absolutely terrible football manager he is and how he will absolutely cost people at Thistle their livelihoods when he relegates us. 

He said it twice, he is just thick

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

Amazes me how much this annoys people. You get people enraged when in reality it rarely creates any advantage for the team taking the throw in.

As an aside, our throw-in drills are awful. 

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I don't really get your point about MacLean making the most of it tbh. I reckon Partick got at least half a dozen really, really soft freekicks yesterday after crumpling in a heap after minimal contact from a Falkirk player. Happens constantly in the game with all teams so to make any kind of challenge when you're on a yellow is taking a big risk. I was incredibly relieved when Osman got hooked (not just because he was pish) but because that was a second yellow card absolutely waiting to happen. Also I think MacLean was pretty raging at Harkins all through the game after he left the boot in on him the the beginning of the match :lol:

As has been said already, had he done what McKinnon did and subbed off the 2 lads on bookings (Osman was knackered too) then the sending off may not have occurred. Caldwell’s failure stinking out another matchday for Thistle it seems.

55 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

As an aside, our throw-in drills are awful. 

Ours have marginally improved. I claim the three points be awarded to Thistle :lol:

Archived