Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

I thought Patrick bossed the game to be honest and looked much better than us and up for it without really creating. Totally deserved to go ahead and but for a red would have won quite convincingly.

Can’t agree with this, we continued with the containment and hit on the break style that has kept us in the fight up to now. Thistle created next to zero despite dominating possession and only began to look threatening in the minutes leading up to their goal as our midfield started to sit too deep.
Osman was knackered and looking a potential sending off, our gaffer saw that and replaced him with Paton who immediately had a rejuvenating effect on our midfield.
Harkins was knackered and looking a potential sending off, Caldwell failed to see that and the clapped out idiot got himself sent off.
Only looked to be one winner after that.
I hope that this is the last that we see of this cautious approach as we have undoubtably strengthened in the last few days and with possibly more to come we are surely now capable of taking the game to any of the mediocre teams currently sitting above us.
I quite like Thistle as a club but please keep Caldwell at least until he gets you relegated.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Cant believe I almost forgot to rant about this....

What about Lewis Kidds freekick yesterday?? Wasnt freekicks one of the things McShane was touted as being decent at?

Either way that better be the last time we see a chamce like that hoofed out the park by Lewis fucking Kidd.

Someone next to me said let's try and guess which advertising board this will hit. No idea why he was on it.

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Someone next to me said let's try and guess which advertising board this will hit. No idea why he was on it.

Kidd's scored a few times with free kicks, albeit most of them came in reserve / U20 matches. He did net one down at Palmerston a couple of years back though.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Kidd's scored a few times with free kicks, albeit most of them came in reserve / U20 matches. He did net one down at Palmerston a couple of years back though.

I remember the one against qos, but that's been it and that was a couple of seasons ago. Like Bairnardo said, I thought mcshane would have took it. 

7 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The old Thomas Grant philosophy, score one and it might happen again, the one against QoS took massive deflection mind you.

Still worrying times for both clubs with Alloa looking strong to be 9th or above, the window will be crucial or maybe more for Thistle how long Caldwell remains

I thought Patrick bossed the game to be honest and looked much better than us and up for it without really creating. Totally deserved to go ahead and but for a red would have won quite convincingly.

“Bossed the game” is being a bit generous. We knocked the ball around without threatening at all, which is a typical performance since Caldwell took over. Just as well he’s not bothered about winning games as long as his teams play the right way.

15 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

“Bossed the game” is being a bit generous. We knocked the ball around without threatening at all, which is a typical performance since Caldwell took over. Just as well he’s not bothered about winning games as long as his teams play the right way.

It's been the typical performance since Archie was there too.  It's startling how little has changed since we punted him.

I think Falkirk would have 7 points if it wasn't for Rudden's goals. A bigger one-man team than Queens or Ayr.
Och away and don't talk shite. Fed up of hearing this one man team nonsense. He's had a great season but the team is more than just him. You just have to look at the last two results where Shankland wasn't playing to see proof of this...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 1/12/2019 at 21:18, Poet of the Macabre said:
I think Falkirk would have 7 points if it wasn't for Rudden's goals. A bigger one-man team than Queens or Ayr.

Och away and don't talk shite. Fed up of hearing this one man team nonsense. He's had a great season but the team is more than just him. You just have to look at the last two results where Shankland wasn't playing to see proof of this...

Shankland earned 9pts and Dobbie 10pts, Rudden sitting at 13pts, he's only here to score the fucking goals tho

Shankland wasn’t the only one out for those two games.

I doubt we’d have won either with him playing.

Great performance by the posters here on getting this train wreck of a game to 25 pages on points of how soft a foul should be, and how many shots on target you need to be able to win.  

I'm not really one for the pantomime villain stuff with ex players, but Osman quite obviously couldn't be bothered trying a leg for us in the last 6 months of his contract.  

Great performance by the posters here on getting this train wreck of a game to 25 pages on points of how soft a foul should be, and how many shots on target you need to be able to win.  

I'm not really one for the pantomime villain stuff with ex players, but Osman quite obviously couldn't be bothered trying a leg for us in the last 6 months of his contract.  

You should be glad you never got Haber.

Archived