Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yip, no one has a clue what they're supposed to be doing, ends up a one two with the two going out the park. 
Waddington helps a but since when we inevitably decide just to launch it there is someone who can win the flick on.

But aye the amount of times the fans end up going mental as no one attempts to show for it is rage inducing

Caldwell going full Celtic on the referee doesnt help anything btw. Nor does the media allowing it to go unchecked, although I think it was Preston on Sportsound said the red was fair enough. It was. We have an issue with refereeing in Scotland, able demonstrated by Dallas yesterday, but when Caldwell and his like go full broadside purely on the basis that it was a decision that changed the game then they negate any genuine criticism. 

Dallas lost control on several occassions, he missed lots of basic things, he displayed a lack of competence not booking Harkins for his first one, but now all anyone is talking about is Caldwells mental rant and folk will be accepting as fact that the red card was a disgrace. It will of course never be reviewed or anything like that becaise it was legit, and the shite will fly again, diluting actual, valid concerns about the overall standard. 

Shut up Thistle. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Caldwell going full Celtic on the referee doesnt help anything btw. Nor does the media allowing it to go unchecked, although I think it was Preston on Sportsound said the red was fair enough. It was. We have an issue with refereeing in Scotland, able demonstrated by Dallas yesterday, but when Caldwell and his like go full broadside purely on the basis that it was a decision that changed the game then they negate any genuine criticism. 

Dallas lost control on several occassions, he missed lots of basic things, he displayed a lack of competence not booking Harkins for his first one, but now all anyone is talking about is Caldwells mental rant and folk will be accepting as fact that the red card was a disgrace. It will of course never be reviewed or anything like that becaise it was legit, and the shite will fly again, diluting actual, valid concerns about the overall standard. 

Shut up Thistle. 

Shut up Caldwell*

Most Thistle fans see Caldwell and his comments for what they are. Harkins deserved to be sent off and we didn’t deserve to win. Simple.

Shut up Caldwell*
Most Thistle fans see Caldwell and his comments for what they are. Harkins deserved to be sent off and we didn’t deserve to win. Simple.
Yeah I know I just put that in to lighten the tone. As I said yesterday I spoke with a Thistle fan on the way to the ground yesterday. We got onto Caldwell and just as I was saying how he reminded me of Pressley the way he says stupid shit that makes you put your head in your hands. At that exact moment his 2 mates appeared and said "let me guess, Caldwell?"

Pretty obvious what the feeling is there. The most animated yous got yesterday was over Osman and Paton. Tells uts own story about the dejection about the team.

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

7 fouls for Thistle 4 Cards. Falkirk seventeen fouls 2 cards. Paton could have been sent off for two of his fouls in his short cameo appearance but Dallas was focussed on making sure Thistle took throw-ins from the correct position.

_105162147_18317355.jpg.f01c37031ff41b3cef6a2673ffaf263d.jpg

Also note Falkirk player writhing in agony. Back on his feet and running about 30s after GGH started his ponderous journey of the pitch.

I can't really argue with the actual sending off but Dallas let plenty go especially early doors.

I think you are going full Caldwell suggesting Paton should've been sent off, booked probably

The first bookings of Bannigan and Kidd were silly after what he had let go but don't think you can complain regarding other bookings, I'm quite surprised at the foul count but I'm guessing a lot of our fouls were Rudden with high balls to him which generally go unpunished.

I do find the shots on target, shots and corners highly amusing, reminds me of Hughes with those stats tho we were collecting passes in our own half, Thistle do love switching the ball side to side then penetrate one wing with fuk all end result. 

_20190113_110921.JPG

Draw was about right with thistle having a load of the ball but creating very little whilst we struggled for possession at times but probably had the best chances.  Crazy stuff from harkins who had two very poor challenges in the first half . For me the worst challenge in the game was slaters blatant hack on keillor-dunn which earned him a yellow. Lot of soft fouls otherwise and thistles biggest threat to me was set pieces. Lot of work to do bjt if u had offered me 4 points from ayr and partick away i would have bitten your hand off.

Typical Caldwell performance yesterday. Elliott and Harkins (before his stupid red) were the only two players who were anything resembling decent for us.

Harkins red was deserved. His second challenge was a booking, and was stupid as f**k when on a yellow. He was clearly tiring, and as others have alluded to, had Caldwell been any sort of competent, he would’ve saw that and taken him off.

His post-match interview is embarrassing even by his standards. He’s blamed the ref to mask his own failings. Just like every other week where he can never take responsibility for his own incompetence. I don’t know how much longer I can watch Thistle under him, and I’m just going to avoid his interviews completely from now on to stop me from getting utterly seething.

We will not be anywhere near Alloa or Dunfermline come the end of the season, and we probably won’t be anywhere near Falkirk.

This message, plus your one in the Morton match thread about "not being unhappy" to see your team lose because it negatively impacted on Thistle or Falkirk, is really bizarre behaviour.
Clubs who aren't even rivals with Morton, and you'd rather they lost ground in the table than your own team won a match? What a fucking oddball.
Well you sound like bags of fun. Not to mention creepy.

Sit down.

Cant believe I almost forgot to rant about this....

What about Lewis Kidds freekick yesterday?? Wasnt freekicks one of the things McShane was touted as being decent at?

Either way that better be the last time we see a chamce like that hoofed out the park by Lewis fucking Kidd.

Typical Caldwell performance yesterday. Elliott and Harkins (before his stupid red) were the only two players who were anything resembling decent for us.

Harkins red was deserved. His second challenge was a booking, and was stupid as f**k when on a yellow. He was clearly tiring, and as others have alluded to, had Caldwell been any sort of competent, he would’ve saw that and taken him off.

His post-match interview is embarrassing even by his standards. He’s blamed the ref to mask his own failings. Just like every other week where he can never take responsibility for his own incompetence. I don’t know how much longer I can watch Thistle under him, and I’m just going to avoid his interviews completely from now on to stop me from getting utterly seething.

We will not be anywhere near Alloa or Dunfermline come the end of the season, and we probably won’t be anywhere near Falkirk.
I thought Patrick bossed the game to be honest and looked much better than us and up for it without really creating. Totally deserved to go ahead and but for a red would have won quite convincingly.

Cant believe I almost forgot to rant about this....

What about Lewis Kidds freekick yesterday?? Wasnt freekicks one of the things McShane was touted as being decent at?

Either way that better be the last time we see a chamce like that hoofed out the park by Lewis fucking Kidd.
Richard Gordon on the BBC said it was last seen heading towards the wind farm in the hills in the distance

20 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Fifers a point above Alloa. Looks like the bottom of the league has gained a newbie

Fair play to Alloa - as long as we don't finish bottom (I think we'd win play-off) Alloa deserve some success this season.

E.T.A. Fifers joining the relly battle? The more the merrier. Put your feet up scum.

Archived