Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

I can understand why McKinnon set up the way he did today but he needs to find the right balance in the games coming up to help us create chances to win games.

Signing better defenders and better midfielders like we have should allow us to alter the shape (4-3-3).

Thistle remind me of us under Presley. Pass pass pass without really threatening us too much.
And the manager saying stupid shit?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:
A diving bastirt to boot...

Harkins absolutely cleaned hin out in the first half and got no booking. If you want to blame anyone blame that arse.

I did. McLean is an arse :angel

Still waiting. Hurry up the Lidl closes at 8!

We controlled the majority of the game without really threatening - apart from the goal and McGinty’s free header I don’t think we really had any decent chances. That’s the problem.

Miles Storey does most things right until he has to pass or shoot - he hits passes too hard and shoots too weak.

Harkins red looked soft but he shouldn’t be making a challenge when the guy is going backwards at the half way line.

Falkirk goal was initially from a free header - maybe someone had to step out but the red card shouldn’t leave us so ragged in the middle.

Paton changed he game when he came on - he’s a wee w**k but he helped Falkirk get some control in the midfield.

McKenna looked pretty classy - good positioning and pace and composed distribution.

Our main stand is lovely.

On that tackle on Osman. IMO it was an absolute nothing challenge. He only rolled ablut to try and hide the fact he shat out of it.

Harkins did put in a nasty one on him though. Cos Harkins is a cock.

From my angle it looked like Banzo followed through a bit and stuck the boot in his baws.

Can’t quite believe what I listened to coming out of Caldwell’s mouth. It was just utter nonsense. We had very little of the ball but Thistle didn’t really test us. Even in the first half, Rudden had the best chance. I can only really count two clear cut chances for Thistle one being the goal and the other a header. We weren’t any better though and should never have set up like that. I can understand why McKinnon done it because the two centre halves looked unsteady. McShane looks a quality signing as does DKD.

7 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Can’t quite believe what I listened to coming out of Caldwell’s mouth. It was just utter nonsense. We had very little of the ball but Thistle didn’t really test us. Even in the first half, Rudden had the best chance. I can only really count two clear cut chances for Thistle one being the goal and the other a header. We weren’t any better though and should never have set up like that. I can understand why McKinnon done it because the two centre halves looked unsteady. McShane looks a quality signing as does DKD.

Caldwell is a stuttering, arrogant mess.

Surely this will be his last job as a football manager ??

I can understand why McKinnon done it because the two centre halves looked unsteady.

Completely disagree with that. Dixon has slotted in well and looks a lot better at centre back than I had anticipated and McKenna looks like a real quality find. He’s still raw obviously as this is only his 2nd competitive game but he’s got everything. Good in the air (actually should’ve scored second half), anticipated very well, good on the ball and is deceptively quick.

Thought that while having majority of the play Partick did very little with it. That they scored with their first chance on target pretty much sums it up.

Osman was blowing out his arse at the end of the first half, & it only contributed to Falkirks dropping deeper & deeper, in the 5 mins before the opening goal.

Ray should have clocked that & made the changes then, not instantly the goal's been conceded.

Harkin's pretty much cost Thistle the points, as we didn't really look like being able to get back into it. Though he could count himself unfortunate to have picked up the first booking, I thought the second could have been worthy of red.

Dallas is an idiot of the highest calibre. I personally didn't think there was anything worthy of a booking 1st half, but he completely lost the plot at a minor skirmish & carried on with making himself the star of the show. He was equally poor for both sides.

In the end a decent point for Ray's side & two weeks to work on getting things to gel. Thought McShane impressed & we looked more solid at the back. 4/6 for the V2.0 Bairns so onward to getting a bit better in the hope of saving our skin.

Archived