Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

I've praised Mackinnon so far but got to say I think he got the set up wrong today. Far too defensive with the midfield sitting too deep was always going to result in Partick scoring.

We opened up once Harkins was sent off and looked a lot better, so hopefully we'll be more attacking in future games.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Qos done well to bin that fucking waster man.

Not going to lie, I was disappointed for a day or so, but the signing of Low seems to be an upgrade for us and he is probably on a lower wage too. :)

That was extremely disappointing. Would’ve taken a point before the game but we were so utterly shite and negative for the first hour and it took Harkins stupidly getting himself sent off to allow us back into the game. Even then once we got the equaliser we didn’t show anywhere near enough to try and win the game. McKinnon got the tactics horribly wrong and no idea why he didn’t change it at half time when it was obvious it wasn’t working.

Osman was absolutely stinking today that was the exact same shitebag nothing performance that Buaben was phoning in during his last month. Paton was far better when he came on getting stuck into tackles and looking to get forward. Thought MacLean was really poor as well was impressed last week but today he was awful in the final third. Unbelievably one footed as well.

Again Ciaran McKenna had a great game he’s no going to be with us for long imo. Ian McShane as well is exactly the type of midfielder we’ve been needing for years. Always wanting the ball and he’s always so positive in possession as well and never wastes a pass. Zak Rudden though [emoji7].

I'd be raging with Harkins if I was a Thistle fan, daft fouls in needless positions. Caldwell on the radio now blaming the ref who I thought was poor throughout but Harkins deserved to go.

Thistle seemed better but quite similar style wise to the last game. Loads of possession and passes around the box but didn't create much at all.

I thought we were poor first half, Kidd and Osman stood out as being off the pace. No idea why we stood off the Thistle players around the box before the goal. At that point I thought we were done as I thought we looked tired again.

After the red and the change to a 4231 we improved a lot and it was maybe the first time I'd enjoyed watching us this season. I'd be quite surprised if we didn't drop the 3 at the back for the game against Inverness.

Didn't do enough to win the game though and we're still lacking a bit more quality up front. Hopefully we sign a right back and a striker for the next match.

Why is anyone still surprised by Caldwell talking absolute pish? He’s done it after every single game we’ve had.

We’d have won that if Caldwell had done his job properly and subbed Harkins when it was obvious he was a red card waiting to happen. Stupid by the pair of them. Falkirk were pretty rancid up till the red, although had a couple of decent chances on the break. McGinty should have scored his free header near the start of the second half as well. Penrice also had an absolute shocker.

Caldwell [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

That interview was toe curling.

Osman is going to have to improve very fucking quickly.

Keilor Dunn is going to be fun to watch. Get him starting next week. And finally, get somecunt signed to play up top with Rudden that can make the ball stick.

If we are going 4 at the back the RB cant be Kidd or McGhee.

Also, as Russ said, really like watching McShane

Archived