Partick Thistle vs Falkirk

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Far too early for that chat. From either team.

I’d normally tend to agree. But when you’re 4 points from 9th with Gary Caldwell in charge, it looks pretty ominous.

2 hours ago, the_paulo said:

Love a little bit of January optimism.  I don't have any, but I enjoy reading some.  

Fantastic week in training.  Thistle to be outstanding.  Our performances to keep improving.  1-1.  

Training  hasn't been so good going by the rumours. We might actually win.

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

You've not had the SAS in again have you?

No, it was the paras. I was talking to one of mates that was helping kick f**k out of the charlatans which I found strangely therapeutic.

Consecutive wins still feels like the impossible dream for us tbh. Much as it would be a wondrous thing, we won’t get away with last week’s defensive jamminess two weeks running, but we might score a goal that isn’t a keeper spill or an o.g., so 1-1 after an hour, and staying that way with neither side keen on crossing the half way line thereafter.

A realistic chance Thistle could end Saturday eight points adrift of Alloa in 8th. Would they punt Caldwell or is he in place for the season now?

Absolutely no chance he’ll leave before the end of the season, unfortunately for us.

52 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A realistic chance Thistle could end Saturday eight points adrift of Alloa in 8th. Would they punt Caldwell or is he in place for the season now?

It looks very much like he’s in place for the season. It might even be worth losing this game and then getting dumped out of the Cup by Stranraer just to force our spineless c**t board to do something.

It looks very much like he’s in place for the season. It might even be worth losing this game and then getting dumped out of the Cup by Stranraer just to force our spineless c**t board to do something.

All they’d do is issue another “we won’t wait forever” statement, then give him another 6 months anyway.

Our board are almost as fucking spineless as our team.

Given we've just let him sign 5 players with presumably more to come, I think he'll get until we're relegated before being punted, or as near as dammit and then we'll bring in whatever merrygoround jobber (hi Yogi) to try (unsuccesfully) to save us in the last 6 weeks. Jim Duffy in place for 2019/20.

Of course he could keep us up and build for next year.

I *almost* typed that last bit with a straight face.

sorry but as much as i don't particularly like Caldwell i do not wish for my club to be defeated at every turn to be proved correct i would much rather be proved wrong but to an end i love Partick Thistle not necessarily any management team, players or even board members these people can all come and go and have done through nearly the 50 years I've supported them, but the club and what it stands for and not giving two shits about the old firm.

4 minutes ago, colliedug said:

sorry but as much as i don't particularly like Caldwell i do not wish for my club to be defeated at every turn to be proved correct i would much rather be proved wrong but to an end i love Partick Thistle not necessarily any management team, players or even board members these people can all come and go and have done through nearly the 50 years I've supported them, but the club and what it stands for and not giving two shits about the old firm.

Archived