Todays Scores 5/1

GNU_Linux

Petershill 0
Clydebank 3 ( Little 39pen, Shelvey 50mins, Vezza 63mins) FT

Very comfortable win for The Bankies against a very poor Peasy

Bankies weren’t brilliant but didn’t really need to be - could have scored a couple more - good to get 3 points on the board after a few iffy performances of late

Well done Bankies [emoji106][emoji16]
a wins a win so move onto next week a very hard game v kilwinning.

Mon the papers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Medda 1-2 Talbot

Dwayne Hyslop headed the ball high into the Medda net, midway through the 2nd half to earn his team a hard fought 3 points at Medda Park this afternoon.
Talbot kicked off, & dominated the opening stages. Gareth Armstrong put them in front from close range after Sean McIlroy caused havoc in the home defence trying to head home a Jamie Glasgow cross, Gareth headed the loose ball home from close range.
Midway through the 1st half Medda captain Ben Carson launched a free kick from 30yds into the Talbot box,there was some shenanigans went on between a Talbot defender, & I think it was. Medda’s no6 which resulted in the ref pointing to the spot. Ben made a fine job of the kick, beating Andrew Leishman low to his right hand side.

Half time Medda 1-1 Talbot

Dwayne Hyslop headed the winner after MOM Jamie Glasgow, produced a tremendous piece of skill on the left of the Medda box to deliver a fine cross which Dwayne powered high into the Medda net to get his team a well deserved victory.
Very entertaining game, well handled by the ref, & his assistants.
Medda no3 caught my eye, he looked to enjoy the occasion, I liked his attitude, well done young man.

Fairly even first half at Barrfields today with neither team really threatening to score. Hurlford hit the post (Whittaker shot) and brought a terrific save from the Largs keeper from a Reilly header, but other than that there were few chances.

Ford went ahead from the spot in the final minute (Ryan Caddis) only to let Largs waltz up the park and equalise from the restart. I thought we were just better, but hard to deny that Largs deserved a point.

FT Renfrew 3 Cambuslang 2

Thought we were up against it when I saw Frew team, 7 players missing for various reasons, only 1 fit outfield sub but the 12 guys who did play did us proud, stormed into a 3-0 lead by the 50th minute, could/should have been at least twice that ahead by the time Lang pulled one back.

Conceded a soft penalty (it was a penalty but needlessly given away!) and another direct from a free kick set up a nervy last ten minutes but we held on to record a welcome victory that takes us off not only off the bottom but out the bottom three!

Scorers:

Frew - McIntosh, Hardie, McKenna

Lang - Gemmell (pen) didn't catch who scored free kick, sorry!

15 minutes ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

FT Renfrew 3 Cambuslang 2

Thought we were up against it when I saw Frew team, 7 players missing for various reasons, only 1 fit outfield sub but the 12 guys who did play did us proud, stormed into a 3-0 lead by the 50th minute, could/should have been at least twice that ahead by the time Lang pulled one back.

Conceded a soft penalty (it was a penalty but needlessly given away!) and another direct from a free kick set up a nervy last ten minutes but we held on to record a welcome victory that takes us off not only off the bottom but out the bottom three!

Scorers:

Frew - McIntosh, Hardie, McKenna

Lang - Gemmell (pen) didn't catch who scored free kick, sorry!

Jamie Hay

Rutherglen Glencairn 5 Irvine Victoria 0

(Scorers - own goal (Michael Holden), Gary Smith 2, Kris Gebbie, Jordan Leyden).

Pictures and full match report to follow.

Can't see beyond you for the league in all honesty, possibly Rossvale may run you close. We made a game of it in the second half but well beaten.

Must say the pitch was in fantastic condition

Can't see beyond you for the league in all honesty, possibly Rossvale may run you close. We made a game of it in the second half but well beaten. Must say the pitch was in fantastic condition

Yes, the pitch is a credit to our head groundsman Eddie Smith and Andy McFadyen who helps him, especially considering it was played on last weekend as well.

Archived