Cowdenbeath vs Berwick Rangers FC

One of the things I love about football at this level is that tiny, provincial clubs with proud and equally irrelevant histories like Stirling and Cowdenbeath stick up for each other. You go, girls!
Trying way too hard now.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, dougster said:

I was one of the few who stood up for you guys, didn't want you to see drop out the league even when you were truly pish.  Got to laugh at some of the sanctimonious comments above when your  'successful' season sees you 6th in division 2.  Yes we know we are poor this season and we are working hard to sort it.

The inevitable introduction of this third division with colt teams, highland & lowland teams, the ambition of the likes of Bonnyrigg or your near neighbours Kelty will have us all looking over our shoulders.

Be careful what you wish for

Being serious I wouldn't actually want Berwick to drop out much better day out than going to EK or Cove that's for sure.

28 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:
43 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

One of the things I love about football at this level is that tiny, provincial clubs with proud and equally irrelevant histories like Stirling and Cowdenbeath stick up for each other. You go, girls!

Trying way too hard now.

He doesn't need to

Being serious I wouldn't actually want Berwick to drop out much better day out than going to EK or Cove that's for sure.

I’ll be honest, I wanted Montrose to go down, I wanted Shire to go down and I wanted Cowden to go down.

It’s not that I have anything specifically against these teams, but we’re deluding ourselves if we think things are going to stay like this forever. Eventually, the league below will be a decent league. Good clubs will get promoted, good clubs will go down. It won’t be a trapdoor of death forever. Going down at the moment would be absolutely shit, but if/when it does happen to Berwick I’d prefer it to be a worthwhile league to go into with some decent clubs still. It’ll get that way as decent junior clubs go up, and some established SPFL clubs go down as things level out. My worry would be being one of the first as it’s pretty shit at the moment.

35 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

I’ll be honest, I wanted Montrose to go down, I wanted Shire to go down and I wanted Cowden to go down.

It’s not that I have anything specifically against these teams, but we’re deluding ourselves if we think things are going to stay like this forever. Eventually, the league below will be a decent league. Good clubs will get promoted, good clubs will go down. It won’t be a trapdoor of death forever. Going down at the moment would be absolutely shit, but if/when it does happen to Berwick I’d prefer it to be a worthwhile league to go into with some decent clubs still. It’ll get that way as decent junior clubs go up, and some established SPFL clubs go down as things level out. My worry would be being one of the first as it’s pretty shit at the moment.

Agree with this. Yes Berwick is a good away day and yes we have a rivalry with them but we will make new rivalries and go to new away days. It’s not like we will never play each other again either.

The whole vomit inducing “I wanted you guys to stay up and this is how you act” “be careful what you wish for” garbage needs put in the bin. Football is about getting one up over your rivals. 

18 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

the worse Berwick team in decades.

Yes. 

We were the better side on the day.  We looked a compact unit - defended well, had more shots on target and took our goals well.

Good news that Robbie Deas will be available for the Rangers game.

Alan - greatly enjoying the CowdenBeats headphones

2 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

What was going on with some of the Berwick fans at the end of the game? I heard some of them shouting & they were surrounded by stewards at the entrance to the away stand. 

Two ex-board members and some "senior" supporters having a barmy at both HT and FT in the away end. A lot of politics it seems between current/ex board members and some sections of support. Happens at most games apparently

1 minute ago, Myko said:

Two ex-board members and some "senior" supporters having a barmy at both HT and FT in the away end. A lot of politics it seems between current/ex board members and some sections of support. Happens at most games apparently

Seen some bloke with a peaky blinders hat and a woman having a bit of a ding dong at the end.

1 minute ago, wulliemc said:
10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:
Seen some bloke with a peaky blinders hat and a woman having a bit of a ding dong at the end.

In public?

Aye just at the end of the old stand just next to the tunnel there/

The woman has been apparently stirring shite between current, ex and potential board members and fans. Very troubled behind the scenes. Seems like a handful want to use the club to fuel some sort of soap opera between themselves.

1 minute ago, Myko said:

The woman has been apparently stirring shite between current, ex and potential board members and fans. Very troubled behind the scenes. Seems like a handful want to use the club to fuel some sort of soap opera between themselves.

Not great to see  and a distraction from what matters on the pitch hopefully you can resolve matters swiftly 

10 minutes ago, Myko said:

The woman hasn’t been stirring any shite, so please get the facts before posting nonsense. That is unfair for you to post without knowing what happened or what it was about.

If you seen them leave the ground, you would have seen them talking for 20 mins and all shake hands before leaving. Sorry to spoil your story. 

Archived