Cowdenbeath vs Berwick Rangers FC

Tbh thought both teams were pretty pish and even once we was down to 10 men you couldn’t really notice, we lack a presence up top not sure why rose was brought on ahead of Ouzy see? Soon as see came on he was causing problems and had few good pieces of play. A know he’s just coming back from injury but if your on the bench then your fit enough to play! Mind then officials were fucking awful Ref was shocking and the linesmen on dugout side struggled to keep up with play and was clueless every time ball went out was just guessing and waiting for the ref to make the call, you have to make the most of your chances and cowden have done that today. Harvey has got some job sorting that squad out hopefully get a few more faces in and get some away who aren’t good enough!
There was one team a lot pisher than the other though. That's not even up for debate. The Berwick left back is genuinely one of the worst players I've seen at Central Park - twice too!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, BRFC=DREAMTEAM said:

Tbh thought both teams were pretty pish and even once we was down to 10 men you couldn’t really notice, we lack a presence up top not sure why rose was brought on ahead of Ouzy see? Soon as see came on he was causing problems and had few good pieces of play. A know he’s just coming back from injury but if your on the bench then your fit enough to play! Mind then officials were fucking awful Ref was shocking and the linesmen on dugout side struggled to keep up with play and was clueless every time ball went out was just guessing and waiting for the ref to make the call, you have to make the most of your chances and cowden have done that today. Harvey has got some job sorting that squad out hopefully get a few more faces in and get some away who aren’t good enough!

:lol: Berwick were absolute dug meat worse team we have played this season 9-0 in 3 games. If anything we should have won by a lot more given some of the chances we missed and Davie McGurn had only 1 save to make all afternoon.

Match officials seemed alright to me got most of the calls right. Albion Rovers now on a 2 game unbeaten run and edging closer.............

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Love a win against Berwick. 2 going on 5 or 6.

Couple of observations - Harvey Swann is our best LB and Jordan Allan's effort and energy levels are sublime. What a shift he put in, in spite of missing a sitter.

My choice of MOTM shading Coxy replicated the performance he put in last week, I think with game time he will improve further. For Berwick 14 Barr looked decent but faded second half.

Even game but Cox was more clinical with his chance than we were with ours. We shot ourselves into the foot with that one playing a weird early free kick before everyone was up, then the defenders were in no mans land when Cowden broke away.

Really soft penalty but the ref was poor all afternoon. It came on the back of an Orru mistake.

No idea what the sending off was for, but Cox should have gone as well for his thuggery in front of the linesman who was too cowardly to make a decision. Even after the ten men we were continuing to match them.

Another frustrating result against Cowden though, especially considering it’s only the points from this fixture that have them ahead of us.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

You checking out the Sevco for Bollan? Place will be swarming with neanderthals.

Are Rangers in Tenerife?

Honestly didn’t know and nobody has mentioned it, although I’m not exactly hanging out in the Ibrox bar and other similarly cosmopolitan venues!

14 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Even game but Cox was more clinical with his chance than we were with ours. We shot ourselves into the foot with that one playing a weird early free kick before everyone was up, then the defenders were in no mans land when Cowden broke away.

Really soft penalty but the ref was poor all afternoon. It came on the back of an Orru mistake.

No idea what the sending off was for, but Cox should have gone as well for his thuggery in front of the linesman who was too cowardly to make a decision. Even after the ten men we were continuing to match them.

Another frustrating result against Cowden though, especially considering it’s only the points from this fixture that have them ahead of us.

The boy was sent off for swearing at the referee I believe.

The penalty was for a Berwick defender clicking Cox heel just as he took his shot the ref done well initially playing advantage when Fraser was tugged in the D in the build up.

We were 2 up and more than comfortable when the boy got himself sent off don't see how you were matching us.

Aye your right about the points swing much as it was the last 2 seasons in Berwick's maybe a wake up call the last 2 years you relied on us being pish which worked this season you rested on your laurels and we improved. 

Watch out for Albion Rovers take it you still have to play them twice massive games.

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Berwick fans saying teams even. BBC had about 15-5 for attempts.

As you know Al you can slaver some pish after drinking a massive carry out on the way from Berwick to Cowden:lol: someone had to wake Davie McGurn up at the end to let him know the game had finished.

As you know Al you can slaver some pish after drinking a massive carry out on the way from Berwick to Cowden[emoji38] someone had to wake Davie McGurn up at the end to let him know the game had finished.
I heard he just hung his strip back up on a peg ready for next week it was so clean and fresh

Having secured this many points at this time of the season has sure taken some stress from what we went through the last two seasons, thanks Berwick  for being awful ,

31 minutes ago, big al said:

Are Rangers in Tenerife?

Honestly didn’t know and nobody has mentioned it, although I’m not exactly hanging out in the Ibrox bar and other similarly cosmopolitan venues!

Apparently they are so worried about us they have to go there and prepare.

54 minutes ago, big al said:

Are Rangers in Tenerife?

If you are near the Tenerife Top Training resort in La Caleta near Costa Adeje, go along and noise them up in advance of the cup game.

I can't believe what I'm reading from Berwick fans - delusional. We weren't great but well worth the three points and should have scored a good few more. I can only recall Davie having one proper save to make and it was a good one at that - got down quickly with a strong arm. I'm not quite sure how Coxy missed after Harvey played the ball across the face of the goal and Jordan Allan should have done better once he'd got the ball back off the keeper after Allison had done well to deny him initially.

I thought the penalty decision was soft but we had a decision go against us last week so I'll take it. Overall I thought the referee had a good game - easy to see why he's officiating at a higher level normally. Can't see why Berwick fans are saying otherwise - he let the game flow as much as possible and was generally sensible with his cards. Red card was for calling the referee a "f*cking tube".

Thought Coxy edged it as our MOTM with Miller and Gary Fraser just behind. Fraser is looking better with every game but his set pieces are poor.

Agreed about the referee and it looked a nailed on foul for the penalty. He seemed to clip Cox when he went to strike the ball.

Kyle Allison is an accident waiting to happen.

Ross Brown melting the ball into the terracing then getting sent off :lol: the left back trying to play football :lol: 

Archived