Corruption Thread - Where has it gone

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gannonball said:

That actual version of events confirms what Bob said.

They conspired over a daft lie in a bid to fend off the storm that would have ensued from the ref simply admitting that he'd changed his mind, because he realised he'd probably got it wrong initially.

As was, that storm was far worse because Celtic seized a chance to exploit the conspiracy narrative we're seeing again just now.  At least now, we can argue about whether the ref's decision was wrong.  Back then, he was unequivocally right.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They conspired over a daft lie in a bid to fend off the storm that would have ensued from the ref simply admitting that he'd changed his mind, because he realised he'd probably got it wrong initially.

As was, that storm was far worse because Celtic seized a chance to exploit the conspiracy narrative we're seeing again just now.  At least now, we can argue about whether the ref's decision was wrong.  Back then, he was unequivocally right.

So I have to take Bob and now your word over the actual ref who was involved? :lol:

5 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Referee changes his mind and gets the decision correct in a game with Celtic results in him being forced out the game.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, I'm agreeing with both Bob and the ref.

No contradictions involved.

Actual quote from Record from said ref:

Craven told MailSport: "Dougie ran towards me and said: 'I think I've f***** up.' After the game Dougie said we should tell the referee supervisor (Jim McBurnie) that I called him over to question the penalty award.

"I went along with it because I wanted to be supportive of Dougie.

"But then Neil Lennon came in after the game and asked Dougie why he hadn't given the penalty kick.

"We told Neil the version that was a lie.

"It was wrong to lie. And I'm not proud that I went along with Dougie's suggestion.

"I decided to quit a few days later. I'd had enough of Hugh Dallas and John Fleming (the SFA referee development officer).

"For a while I felt I had been a victim of harassment and bullying from them.

"A lot of guys are not happy with it and are ready to walk away."

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said: "Dougie hasn't accepted responsibility for Steven's resignation.

"His resignation covers other matters and we are looking at those."

So basically he had already felt he had been harassed and bullied by those above him well BEFORE the incident, was told to lie on top which he felt uncomfortable about. The incident itself was no way the main factor in him leaving the profession. It was the actions of those above him before and after.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Actual quote from Record from said ref:

Craven told MailSport: "Dougie ran towards me and said: 'I think I've f***** up.' After the game Dougie said we should tell the referee supervisor (Jim McBurnie) that I called him over to question the penalty award.

"I went along with it because I wanted to be supportive of Dougie.

"But then Neil Lennon came in after the game and asked Dougie why he hadn't given the penalty kick.

"We told Neil the version that was a lie.

"It was wrong to lie. And I'm not proud that I went along with Dougie's suggestion.

"I decided to quit a few days later. I'd had enough of Hugh Dallas and John Fleming (the SFA referee development officer).

"For a while I felt I had been a victim of harassment and bullying from them.

"A lot of guys are not happy with it and are ready to walk away."

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said: "Dougie hasn't accepted responsibility for Steven's resignation.

"His resignation covers other matters and we are looking at those."

So basically he had already felt he had been harassed and bullied by those above him well BEFORE the incident, was told to lie on top which he felt uncomfortable about. The incident itself was no way the main factor in him leaving the profession. It was the actions of those above him before and after.

The catalyst for it all was a correct decision reached on the field, but that happening 'midst an atmosphere of SFA bungling and Celtic bullying.

48 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The catalyst for it all was a correct decision reached on the field, but that happening 'midst an atmosphere of SFA bungling and Celtic bullying.

So basically you have tried to change your tune by suggesting it to be a catalyst rather than the actual reason as stated by the man himself.  Straw that broke the camels back springs to mind. So despite myself providing quotes from the ref in question, you wont admit you were wrong, as usual.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

So basically you have tried to change your tune by suggesting it to be a catalyst rather than the actual reason as stated by the man himself.  So despite myself providing quotes from the ref in question, you wont admit you were wrong, as usual.

I'm not wrong here.

The correct decision was reached re the penalty.  A daft lie was told in a bid to avert an onslaught of Celtic flak.  That decision was a bad one.

That's all.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not wrong here.

The correct decision was reached re the penalty.  A daft lie was told in a bid to avert an onslaught of Celtic flak.  That decision was a bad one.

That's all.

Yes. Yes you are. You and Bob claimed he left his job because of the actions of Celtic. My quotes from the man prove you wrong.

That's all.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yes. Yes you are. You and Bob claimed he left his job because of the actions of Celtic. My quotes from the man prove you wrong.

That's all.

The point I was making was he eventually got the decision correct yet still Celtic hounded the guy

Craig Thompson correctly awarded Rangers a penalty in an Old Firm Final the inexplicably changed his mind. Nothing said about it.

Willie Collum made a mistake in first Old Firm game of the season which led to winning goal. Very little made of it. 

Beaton let so much go in that last game from Christie , McGregor and Brown yet all the media furore is about three challenges from Morelos. Ex Referee and Celtic fan Charlie Richmond has given his opinion. None of the offences were Red card offences on their own!

Celtic were not just beaten but they were bullied all over the park. Similar to the way Hearts have played against you a couple of times. This is s ploy that simply won’t be allowed to happen again 

Celtic don’t want fairness or an even playing field . They won’t everything their way and the game in this country has been run to suit them and them alone!!

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

The point I was making was he eventually got the decision correct yet still Celtic hounded the guy

It had nothing to do with the decision,he lied in his match report Dallas backed him and he went too,it was 2 for the price of one.
The integrity of the system was flawed.

18 hours ago, gannonball said:

That's all.

No they don't.

They prove there were a few factors in him leaving his job, one of which was Celtic's bullying.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Know they don't.

They prove there were a few factors in him leaving his job, one of which was Celtic's bullying.

Monkey you are to busy pointing the finger of blame to look at the bigger picture.
Whether it's Farry,G.Smith,Ogilivie or Stewart Regan the cold war power struggle between the clubs and the SFA keeps eating Scottish football alive.
Why can't we just get along because compromise is a weakness not a solution.
Hugh Dallas and four others got their jotters and the e-mail was shredded.
But there will be a brand new war of words coming to you soon in a statement or the succulent lambs or the master race.

Can we close this thread please? If there is any corruption within the refereeing community (which I personally doubt), it’s only in favour of the two two teams who bleat about it the most often.
What’s more likely is that refs feel intimidated into making poor decisions in ugly sister games (precisely due to the reactions of the clubs & fans involved). Within the SFA, SPFL & press, there is no Rangers OR Celtic bias.
There is however, a huge Celtic AND Rangers bias. Get your petty shite so far into the sea!

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Can we close this thread please? If there is any corruption within the refereeing community (which I personally doubt), it’s only in favour of the two two teams who bleat about it the most often.
What’s more likely is that refs feel intimidated into making poor decisions in ugly sister games (precisely due to the reactions of the clubs & fans involved). Within the SFA, SPFL & press, there is no Rangers OR Celtic bias.
There is however, a huge Celtic AND Rangers bias. Get your petty shite so far into the sea!

Aye. Speak to rangers fans and they'll tell you there is a clear bias to Celtic and vice versa.

Speak to fans of any other club and they'll tell you the bias is shown to both above teams and no one else.

Archived