Corruption Thread - Where has it gone

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Romeo said:

He was nearly in tears if I remember correctly.

Diddy team complains about referees = warriors for justice.

Celtic complain about referees = completely out of order.

As a matter of interest didn't the rangers complain about Willie Collum or are they classified as a "diddy"?

2 hours ago, Guts said:

As mentioned previously the chief executive of the SFA lost his job in 1999(a year before) because he cheated Celtic- It might seem mental to you but I think Celtic had a right to be untrusting/suspicious of anything from the SFA.

This, and any comment that unironically uses the phrase "cheated Celtic" deserves to be down-voted into oblivion as the utter guff that it is.

Jim Farry bungled a player registration due to incompetence then tried to cover it up to save his arse and was justifiably sacked over it. The following statement is directly from a Celtic club official:

"No one at Celtic [] thought Jim was working to any agenda. We just thought he had made a huge mistake and wanted that recognised."

This is why Celtic fans have the reputation of being tinfoil hat wearing nutcases. Celtic gets shafted by officials and the SFA for the same reason everyone else gets shafted, they're bad at their jobs, there is no conspiracy.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:
32 minutes ago, Durnford said:
As a matter of interest didn't the rangers complain about Willie Collum or are they classified as a "diddy"?

Rangers and Slippy have complained about refs after dodgy results 8 times this season.

Not that you're counting

9 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

This is why Celtic fans have the reputation of being tinfoil hat wearing nutcases.

There is no reason and no justification.  They are all simply bat-shit crazy mentalists who think that the world is against them.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

Not really equivalent....

Diddy team complains about referee = one small article in the regional paper, 5 mins of patronising discussion on midweek Sportsound.

Celtic complain about referees = ref's windows panned in, private detectives hired, referee strikes and oceans of frothing pish in the papers from tame hacks and ex-players .

So the succulent lamb brigade turned this into a frenzy?

38 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

This, and any comment that unironically uses the phrase "cheated Celtic" deserves to be down-voted into oblivion as the utter guff that it is.

Jim Farry bungled a player registration due to incompetence then tried to cover it up to save his arse and was justifiably sacked over it. The following statement is directly from a Celtic club official:

"No one at Celtic [] thought Jim was working to any agenda. We just thought he had made a huge mistake and wanted that recognised."

This is why Celtic fans have the reputation of being tinfoil hat wearing nutcases. Celtic gets shafted by officials and the SFA for the same reason everyone else gets shafted, they're bad at their jobs, there is no conspiracy.

Do you think the CEO of the SFA personally handles players registrations? 
When the window slams shut the CEO needs to sign it?

19 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Yes he did. Just because Celtic wouldn't officially word it that way -for obvious legal reasons- doesnt mean it wasn't true or what they meant. 

And here comes the tinfoil hat brigade.

Do you think the CEO of the SFA personally handles players registrations? 

I doubt he handles all of them as most of them are simple box ticking exercises but if there's a complication, which there was in this case, it's not unreasonable it would be bumped up the chain a bit for a ruling. The truth is I don't know the ins and outs of the registration process and neither do you, that doesn't mean you get to plug the gaps in your knowledge with "It's a conspiracy!"

Yes he did. Just because Celtic wouldn't officially word it that way -for obvious legal reasons- doesnt mean it wasn't true or what they meant. 

There really is no arguing with this level of delusion, your post basically amounts to "It's a conspiracy! I mean, Celtic said it definitely wasn't, but it clearly was!"

4 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

And here comes the tinfoil hat brigade.

I doubt he handles all of them as most of them are simple box ticking exercises but if there's a complication, which there was in this case, it's not unreasonable it would be bumped up the chain a bit for a ruling. The truth is I don't know the ins and outs of the registration process and neither do you, that doesn't mean you get to plug the gaps in your knowledge with "It's a conspiracy!"

There really is no arguing with this level of delusion, your post basically amounts to "It's a conspiracy! I mean, Celtic said it definitely wasn't, but it clearly was!"

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy you did "honest mistakes" are very common, the complication in this case took 3 months that's why he lost his job for a simple tick box exercise.
In the modern game  managers get criticised players get criticised but when it comes to match officials and the SFA they are untouchable.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy you did "honest mistakes" are very common, the complication in this case took 3 months that's why he lost his job for a simple tick box exercise.
In the modern game  managers get criticised players get criticised but when it comes to match officials and the SFA they are untouchable.

There was a bit more to this case than a "box ticking exercise", in a nutshell;  there was a complication over whether the player in question was considered a free agent or not, Farry incorrectly ruled this required an additional step in the registration process which led to a delay in the registration and resulted in Cadete unjustly missing the semi-final against Rangers.  An open and shut case of a typical bureaucratic bungle. This resulted in Jim Farry losing his job and the SFA having to pay compensation to Celtic, so they were far from "untouchable".

26 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

There was a bit more to this case than a "box ticking exercise", in a nutshell;  there was a complication over whether the player in question was considered a free agent or not, Farry incorrectly ruled this required an additional step in the registration process which led to a delay in the registration and resulted in Cadete unjustly missing the semi-final against Rangers.  An open and shut case of a typical bureaucratic bungle. This resulted in Jim Farry losing his job and the SFA having to pay compensation to Celtic, so they were far from "untouchable".

Did you get a spinning top for your Christmas?
This reminds me of Hugh Dallas getting hit by a coin and 2 seconds later he gives a penalty against Celtic.
I always thought why was he allowed to continue,he gets up angry as hell says to himself fecked this for a caper I will show them, just a human reaction "no conspiracy"
Jim Farry deliberately held back Cadete's registration you can spin your top as much as you want this was not a human reaction. 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is no reason and no justification.  They are all simply bat-shit crazy mentalists who think that the world is against them.

When in actual fact it's only the protestants.

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

He was nearly in tears if I remember correctly.

Diddy team complains about referees = warriors for justice.

Celtic complain about referees = completely out of order.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Spot on.

:lol:

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Did you get a spinning top for your Christmas?
This reminds me of Hugh Dallas getting hit by a coin and 2 seconds later he gives a penalty against Celtic.
I always thought why was he allowed to continue,he gets up angry as hell says to himself fecked this for a caper I will show them, just a human reaction "no conspiracy"
Jim Farry deliberately held back Cadete's registration you can spin your top as much as you want this was not a human reaction. 

You're clearly having difficulty understanding this so I'll keep it simple: Jim Farry deliberately held up Cadete's registration resulting in the player missing the semi-final against Rangers. Why?

Option A) He misinterpreted registration rules due to incompetence resulting in an unnecessary delay. The view of both Celtic FC at the time and the panel that investigated the incident before ruling in Celtic's favour.

Option B) He had an anti-Celtic agenda and tried to give Rangers an advantage in the semi-final. The view of deranged twitter conspiracy nutters.

Which is it?

Archived