Corruption Thread - Where has it gone

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ok but this thread is,who else thinks the SFA are making things up as the season goes on?

I don't. I think they have a very systematic approach when it comes to protecting certain clubs and doing their best to hinder the rest.

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well the idea that Monarchy should be limited by consent of the people, and the act of 1689 which finally established this constitutionally, was based on George Buchanan of Edinburgh and, later, by Samuel Rutherford who wrote his great work, Lex Rex, in Aberdeen.  

Rutherford the nonconformist ( staunch proddy ) celebrates after Ryan Jacks great great great great great great grandad is the only person to attend his book signing in ye olde soul bar in Aberdeen.

staunch1.jpg

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well the idea that Monarchy should be limited by consent of the people, and the act of 1689 which finally established this constitutionally, was based on George Buchanan of Edinburgh and, later, by Samuel Rutherford who wrote his great work, Lex Rex, in Aberdeen.  

I’m pretty sure that you know exactly what I mean.

14 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh my god the naivety in this.

Both Glasgow clubs go into these statements with their eyes open about elements of their support. They have seen it hundreds of times before.

They are happy for Beaton to be collateral in their attempts to distract from their own failings.

At this rate there will be no ref available to do an old firm game cause they’ve complained about 

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:
33 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:
At this rate there will be no ref available to do an old firm game cause they’ve complained about 

Didn't Derek complain about the refs?

Yes, but he did it with his usual style, panache and grace whilst calling Craig Levein a speccy c**t.

Yes, but he did it with his usual style, panache and grace whilst calling Craig Levein a speccy c**t.
He was nearly in tears if I remember correctly.

Diddy team complains about referees = warriors for justice.

Celtic complain about referees = completely out of order.

34 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not really equivalent....

Diddy team complains about referee = one small article in the regional paper, 5 mins of patronising discussion on midweek Sportsound.

Celtic complain about referees = ref's windows panned in, private detectives hired, referee strikes and oceans of frothing pish in the papers from tame hacks and ex-players .

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

Not really equivalent....

Diddy team complains about referee = one small article in the regional paper, 5 mins of patronising discussion on midweek Sportsound.

Celtic complain about referees = ref's windows panned in, private detectives hired, referee strikes and oceans of frothing pish in the papers from tame hacks and ex-players .

So you are not worried about the actual complaining but the fact that when other teams complain they do not get the same coverage?

Just now, Romeo said:

So you are not worried about the actual complaining but the fact that when other teams complain they do not get the same coverage?

I think anyone should be able to complain (and there should be a better/more formal method than "phone the head of refereeing for a chat" to do it) - but to suggest equivalence between the shitstorm that Celtic are capable of (knowingly) causing and what Aberdeen (or the smaller diddies) are able to do isn't really a credible argument.

What we are seeing a the moment has been part of the Celtic playbook for years - it's a standard deflection tactic when the natives are getting restless and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that pays attention.

My favourite was when Celtic hired a behavioural psychologist to study Hugh Dallas' match handling for signs of staunchness as part of their campaign to have him banned from refereeing OF games in 2000. This pish is as predictable as it is blatant.

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think anyone should be able to complain (and there should be a better/more formal method than "phone the head of refereeing for a chat" to do it) - but to suggest equivalence between the shitstorm that Celtic are capable of (knowingly) causing and what Aberdeen (or the smaller diddies) are able to do isn't really a credible argument.

What we are seeing a the moment has been part of the Celtic playbook for years - it's a standard deflection tactic when the natives are getting restless and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that pays attention.

This isnt a normal situation though is it? It is 3 red card offences that the ref is looking right at and missed- then flung out from retrospective action taking place on the basis that it had already been seen and therefore cannot be actioned. Contradicting what happened earlier in the season with McKenna of Aberdeen. Add in the shocking decisions that have taken place earlier in the season and kick outs not being punished then something had to be said.

My favourite was when Celtic hired a behavioural psychologist to study Hugh Dallas' match handling for signs of staunchness as part of their campaign to have him banned from refereeing OF games in 2000. This pish is as predictable as it is blatant.

As mentioned previously the chief executive of the SFA lost his job in 1999(a year before) because he cheated Celtic- It might seem mental to you but I think Celtic had a right to be untrusting/suspicious of anything from the SFA.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

So, there will be a bigger reaction because Celtic complian and we have a high number of cretins unable to control themselves so we probably shouldn't complain.

Ok, that seems legit.

Yep. You’re having one of your good days today.

Archived