Corruption Thread - Where has it gone

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What have you quoted the Jim Farry stuff at me for?

I obviously got what you were referring to, when I mentioned its "historical context".  

You happily accept all these advantages, but the moment something doesn't go your way, we get infantile tantrums.  You don't really want competition at all; you want an illusion of it.

You know why, so that I could highlight it. You know but not everyone does. If you just answered my question I imagine you would say yes if it was any other team. 

Haha yes I accept all the advantages that Celtic have made for themselves and don't like when obvious failings go against us... What a crime. 

2 minutes ago, Guts said:

You know why, so that I could highlight it. You know but not everyone does. If you just answered my question I imagine you would say yes if it was any other team. 

Haha yes I accept all the advantages that Celtic have made for themselves and don't like when obvious failings go against us... What a crime. 

Along with your admission of paranoia, it's all a bit childish, isn't it?

Celtic are right to look for an explanation here. It isn't like a typical situation where there has been bodies in the way or just one incident. It's 3 red card incidents in unobstructed view of the ref who was close. They are right to chase that up. Especially the reason that has been given that Beaton dealt with it at the time and so was happy with it. It obviously doesn't help Morelos has gotten away with shite already this season. 

The sort of explanation Greig Spence perhaps deserved after the ‘challenge’ he encountered with Craig Gordon in the Cup a wee while back at Parkhead?

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:
2 hours ago, Guts said:

As posted in the Celtic thread;

Aberdeen chairman after decisions that he didn't like;

"Scottish football's governing bodies need a summit to address a "genuine concern for the state of the game", says Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne.

Milne cited the need for "consistency and transparency" or clubs and governing bodies risk losing "significant credibility" and "fans".

Refereeing decisions and the scheduling of the League Cup semi-finals have caused controversy in recent weeks."

The same thing Celtic want but I doubt he got the level of shite, it's no Celtic's fault some nutcase phoned Beaton. 

Celtic could have tried to not single out an individual.

With hindsight maybe, but Celtic didn't expect a horrible c**t or c***s to harass the guy. Any suggestion that they did or wanted that reaction is ridiculous as it actually takes away from their point.

With hindsight maybe, but Celtic didn't expect a horrible c**t or c***s to harass the guy. Any suggestion that they did or wanted that reaction is ridiculous as it actually takes away from their point.
Are you suggesting after all these years Celtic are oblivious to the sort of people who align themselves to them?

21 minutes ago, Guts said:

Hindsight or any basic knowledge whatsoever of their fanbase.

And as for taking away from their point, not sure they really have one since they haven't supported VAR and have suggested nothing constructive.

Oh my god the naivety in this.

Both Glasgow clubs go into these statements with their eyes open about elements of their support. They have seen it hundreds of times before.

They are happy for Beaton to be collateral in their attempts to distract from their own failings.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh my god the naivety in this.

Both Glasgow clubs go into these statements with their eyes open about elements of their support. They have seen it hundreds of times before.

They are happy for Beaton to be collateral in their attempts to distract from their own failings.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Guts said:

Are you suggesting after all these years Celtic are oblivious to the sort of people who align themselves to them?

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Hindsight or any basic knowledge whatsoever of their fanbase.

And as for taking away from their point, not sure they really have one since they haven't supported VAR and have suggested nothing constructive.

So Celtic "set the hounds on him" so to speak? Haha

What would that achieve? Distract from their failings?   That would bring more grief than it would be worth and would be mental to do anyway. 

Something had to be said, not mentioning him specifically would not have mattered as he would obviously be the reason for the statement. 

1 hour ago, Guts said:

So Celtic "set the hounds on him" so to speak? Haha

What would that achieve? Distract from their failings?   That would bring more grief than it would be worth and would be mental to do anyway. 

Something had to be said, not mentioning him specifically would not have mattered as he would obviously be the reason for the statement. 

Well no.

They made the comments in order to divert attention from fans.  They knew fine that this could pose a direct threat to the referee, but were untroubled by it.

The intention was not to "set the hounds on him".  The intention was otherwise as outlined.  However, the inevitable hounds' response would have been recognised and accepted  as an outcome.

I think clubs should be able to question the decisions of officials. However I don't think it was Celtic that set the hounds on him but the SFA by absolving any responsibility in the decision making process by virtually saying "it's all the referee's fault - he saw the incident and chose not to take action". If they'd at least said "we reviewed the three incidents and decided that no further action was necessary" then least ways they may have retained some credibility (even if people didn't agree with them).

By bouncing all back on the match official they've really left him exposed.

16 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's early days yet but it does sound like Ryan is going to pull through.

#ThoughtsAndPrayers

Before any whataboutery kicks off by our Rangers and Celtic brothers, this is obviously unacceptable.

Ryan Jack knows, his wife knows (both as native Aberdonians) and his mates know (they are all Aberdonians) that going into Soul Bar on Union St is not a wise move.  On a Saturday or Sunday night it will almost certainly be an environment full of Aberdeen fans or hardcore Aberdeen fans will be in any of the numerous pubs nearby.

While he played for Aberdeen I can tell you he was involved before in arguments near fights with fans out and about in the city.

People have mobile phones and 'Ryan Jack is in town' will get about quickly.

Footballers by clubs are warned to avoid social situations and surrounds that could lead to situations of conflict.  They have a right to a social life but also an obligation to the clubs they play for.

Why are Ryan and his mates out drinking in centre of Aberdeen?  He knows the hatred between AFC and RFC.  There are countless bars more quiet where he could drink in peace and respectfully.

If Celtic got beat from Hamilton under the same circumstances would they have reacted the same. Personally I think it’s a ploy to highlight alf Morelos behaviour and make sure he gets sent off next time. Rangers had suffered when he was not playing before. Which no doubt will happen because the boy can’t help himself.  Luckily Stevie G had the foresight to Defoe. 

Archived