Blatant corruption

Not jumping on the corruption bandwagon here, but I’m genuinely bemused by the SFA’s disciplinary system this season. I thought that the compliance officer looks at incidents and if she deems them worthy of a red card, she then puts the incidents before the three ex officials who rule on each individual case. When the hell does the referee of the actual match get involved, as this is the first time I’ve heard this used this season. When Scott McKenna was given a two match retrospective ban for his challenge in the Celtic match, it was for a challenge that the referee was looking straight at with no obstruction. So why, suddenly, can a player not be banned for something that the referee sees, but has misinterpreted at the time. Someone earlier mentioned Jordan Jones dive against Dundee. The referee saw it, but misinterpreted what actually happened. I truly don’t understand what has happened here, it makes no sense whatsoever. I could understand if the three referee panel ruled it not to be a red card, but really can’t get my head round this scenario.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weegies are a strange lot. You can say something like "Can't believe Morelos got away with that" 

Their answer will be "Aye but a canny believe celtic boys club got away with what they were doing for years"

It's immature, never ending, tit for tat nonsense.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not jumping on the corruption bandwagon here, but I’m genuinely bemused by the SFA’s disciplinary system this season. I thought that the compliance officer looks at incidents and if she deems them worthy of a red card, she then puts the incidents before the three ex officials who rule on each individual case. When the hell does the referee of the actual match get involved, as this is the first time I’ve heard this used this season. When Scott McKenna was given a two match retrospective ban for his challenge in the Celtic match, it was for a challenge that the referee was looking straight at with no obstruction. So why, suddenly, can a player not be banned for something that the referee sees, but has misinterpreted at the time. Someone earlier mentioned Jordan Jones dive against Dundee. The referee saw it, but misinterpreted what actually happened. I truly don’t understand what has happened here, it makes no sense whatsoever. I could understand if the three referee panel ruled it not to be a red card, but really can’t get my head round this scenario.

Could also cite the Dolly Menga case where the referee saw enough of the incident to give the player a talking to but the panel decided to upgrade it to a two match ban.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Cheers for confirming Darian.

:lol:

He is a mad celic fan m9 

Always first to try and get Scott Browns jersey any time Accies play them .

Embarrassing as f**k , IMO 

So haud on - Stevie Maclean ostensibly gets a red card for grabbing someone's baws. But Beaton saw Morelos grab someone's baws and, therefore applying the rules of the game,  did nothing.

This doesn't seem like it should be one of they Hodge conjectures, but clearly there's something for the world's finest minds to get stuck into it here to explain this anomaly.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Bloody protestants and their staunchness...emoji34.png

Up to no good as usual... 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

On Sky's ref watch the highly experienced Dermot Gallagher stated that only a yellow card was merited but what does he know....

Plenty of amusing meltdowns tho....

For which incident? 

12 minutes ago, red23 said:

Weegies are a strange lot. You can say something like "Can't believe Morelos got away with that" 

Their answer will be "Aye but a canny believe celtic boys club got away with what they were doing for years"

It's immature, never ending, tit for tat nonsense.

Not all weedgies support the two cheeks  m9 ... 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

On Sky's ref watch the highly experienced Dermot Gallagher stated that only a yellow card was merited but what does he know....

Which incident are you talking about? One of them may have been a yellow, but then another one was a yellow as well, with a few reds here and there.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Well there is plenty of evidence showing rangers caused their own death.

Doesn't stop you lot trying to blame "aw them that put us doon" rather than being man enough to realise it and taking responsibility for your actions.

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

This isn’t the point that I was making. I could sort of understand if the three ex officials panel came to the conclusion that none of the challenges was a red, but why did it not get that far because “the referee saw the incidents”. The referee has seen most of, if not all the incidents that have ended in retrospective bans this season.

Just heard the news :lol:

Then I read this thread :lol::lol:

Now to listen to the moonhowling crackpots on the Clyde 1 phone in at 6. A timplosion special :lol::lol::lol:

Well done Morelos. Booted that odious walloper in the stones and gets away with it, what a sickener for the Celtic fans and the Rangers obsesessors, what a horrible week it's been for them.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This isn’t the point that I was making. I could sort of understand if the three ex officials panel came to the conclusion that none of the challenges was a red, but why did it not get that far because “the referee saw the incidents”. The referee has seen most of, if not all the incidents that have ended in retrospective bans this season.

Maybe the CO caught the sky sports news review and counted that as an ex-official so didn’t bother the other two with it....

23 minutes ago, MJC said:

Now to listen to the moonhowling crackpots on the Clyde 1 phone in at 6. A timplosion special :lol::lol::lol:

Well done Morelos. Booted that odious wallpaper in the stones and gets away with it, what a sickener for the Celtic fans and the Rangers obsesessors, what a horrible week it's been for them.

zoidberg.gif

28 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well done Morelos. Booted that odious wallpaper in the stones and gets away with it, what a sickener for the Celtic fans and the Rangers obsesessors, what a horrible week it's been for them.

Why would you describe Brown as “wallpaper “?

Archived