Blatant corruption

Utterly shameful decision, yet totally expected from a corrupt administration:
Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos will receive no further action following Saturday’s Old Firm game.

It has been deemed by the Scottish FA that referee John Beaton saw all incidents involving Morelos in full at the time so no retrospective action can be taken.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this many times on here but if you truly believe that the officials/SFA are corrupt then you are the idiot for continuing to pay money out to watch football in this country.   Hopeless at their job, aye.  Corrupt, no.

26 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

Utterly shameful decision, yet totally expected from a corrupt administration:
Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos will receive no further action following Saturday’s Old Firm game.

It has been deemed by the Scottish FA that referee John Beaton saw all incidents involving Morelos in full at the time so no retrospective action can be taken.

But their fans still reckon there is a vandetta against them as a club. If it was trial by TV, those three incidents were blatantly obvious and worth a minimum 2 match ban. He gets the media attention because he is a repeat offender, not because he plays for The Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I've said this many times on here but if you truly believe that the officials/SFA are corrupt then you are the idiot for continuing to pay money out to watch football in this country.   Hopeless at their job, aye.  Corrupt, no.

Excellent effort. May get a few bites.

Decisions regarding players of the Conjoined Bigotarchies will invariably be made for political reasons (give equal amounts of negative decisions to both or none at all) rather than footballing ones. Probably as much to do with the need for public safety (the two clubs exist as a safety valve for tribal unrest) as it is to do with any conscious bias.

It's hilariously spineless. There's no way he could've had any complaints if he'd been given a retrospective ban for any one of the three incidents. 

On the positive side Celtic Twitter is really entertaining this afternoon.

The SFA are scared of the fan and media backlash, hence the leniency showed here.  The police are the same.  Rangers and Celtic players get away with more, as do their fans.

20 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Excellent effort. May get a few bites.

For a change I'm not looking for bites.  I'll repeat what I said - if you think the game in this country is corrupt then simply stop watching it.  Why anyone would watch an "unfair" competition is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

For a change I'm not looking for bites.  I'll repeat what I said - if you think the game in this country is corrupt then simply stop watching it.  Why anyone would watch an "unfair" competition is beyond me.

Because it feels better when you win.

Archived