East Fife v Airdrie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same game plan and starting line up as last week but more importantly, the same attitude and we should win this!!!

We're in touching distance of 2nd again, we have to keep the run going!!!

We have the winning mentality back in the squad, and you can see how much it means to the players. There is also a connection between the players and supporters that has been missing for a few seasons. Not sure if it was a conscious decision to celebrate away from the home support under GN, but it seemed like it, and broke that connection.

We've certainly improved recently, and are coming off the back of two wins and two clean sheets (albeit one was away to a dreadful Brechin side).   We've been improving slowly but surely since Findlay was sacked, and the only teams to beat us in the last seven have been Raith and Abroath.  There are still weaknesses in the squad that we'd all like addressed, but we're probably stuck with most of them for now - but I'm keen to see if this loan midfielder we've got from Hibs can give us a bit more composure and creativity in the middle.  Given the form EF are in (is that two home defeats all season?) I'd take a draw today.  It doesn't look very likely, but if Dumbarton beat Forfar today and we draw or win, we'll go fourth.

East Fife 1-1 Airdrieonians
Big Tonks (20mins)
And Murray takes the record for most water bottles booted across the dugout at the one time!!![emoji23]
Absolute catastrophe from the Airdrie keeper there!!!

HT
East Fife 1-2 Airdrieonians
To be fair Airdrie deserve their lead, been the better team so far, cracking 2nd goal even though it came from a throw in that should have been ours!!!
Need to step up, our midfield has been non existent the first half, can see a couple of early changes being made!!!

I've got a horrible feeling about this today, so I've stuck a rather substantial bet on "East Fife draw no bet".

What a mental day.... The day I bet this.... My stupid wee £5 Falkirk & Stirling double strolled in [emoji15][emoji15].
Great result up there to be fair, that was (by most accounts) a full strength EF team. There's definite improvement under Murray of that there's no doubt.
Did they new hibs boy play?

HT
East Fife 1-2 Airdrieonians
To be fair Airdrie deserve their lead, been the better team so far, cracking 2nd goal even though it came from a throw in that should have been ours!!!
Need to step up, our midfield has been non existent the first half, can see a couple of early changes being made!!!

Midfield was very, very poor today- hopefully a start for linton next week

A game of two halves, all Airdrie in the first and well worth their two goals but the second was all us with Airdrie having to be satisfied with breakaways but unlike Airdrie in the 1st, we huffed and puffed in and around their box but did absolutely nothing with it, a poor display over all from us, that certainly wasn't the team I saw last week!!!

Pains me to say it but the better team won today, the only real talking points for us were the substitutions, never thought we would see Docherty being substituted but it actually happened today and then DY takes off our best player on the day in Dowds, I can only assume he was injured as couldn't see any reason for this, especially when Currie had been as poor as he was. The Airdrie defence certainly did their work on him and I mean they did it fairly, RC19 was a shadow of the player that ripped the Raith backline a new one last week but they couldn't handle Big Tonks and I still find it hard to believe he was taken off!!!

The midfield that finished that game should be the one that starts next week btw!!!

Well done Airdrie, you did to us , what we did to Rovers last week. Didn't allow us a second on the ball first half. We came into the game in the second, but didn't have McKenzie making enough saves. The Well organised defense took care of our strike threat pretty well. Looks like Murray has worked them hard, as they were quicker all over the park. Scott Stewart looks like a new player as well, and I don't mean the man bun.

Also, have to agree with KK, Wilkie was very professional in his muted celebration, which is more than can be said for a few of our fans, booing him and Page. Very short memories folks!

I’ll happily boo page. The way he handled his exit was a joke.

Well done to Kyle for the non celebration, shows how much we meant to him when he was with us!

Archived