Edinburgh City v The Binos

Word of warning to the Stirling fans too, the gestapo will be all over you if you so much as mention that Thomson is a beast. Apparently that’s enough to warrant being chucked out so for god sake give the paedophile peace.

We're fully aware of this. We got it all last season and the first game this season. Even got it at Forthbank off one of our wanky stewards.

Although we managed to avoid being chucked out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it’s worth (FWIW) I’d give half price entry to Stirling season ticket holders tomorrow and would do the same every home game when the respective clubs are to visit. If it was adopted across the league it gives a bigger incentive to buy a season ticket and if there’s one thing clubs at this level should be doing is looking after their season ticket holders, in my honest opinion (IMHO).

I’m also fine with the half price entry for the Hibs and Hearts lot and think it makes perfect sense but I can see why it sticks in the craw for some.

I think buster makes a valid point but for the reaction so some of Edinburgh  lads on here, come on boys, live a little eh, 

On to the game, think it's a game where we should go into as the underdogs which hopefully allows the boys to play with some freedom. Wouldnt be suprised if we lost but hopefully a decent performance to go with it

Heart says Binos to scrap a 2-1 win but realisticly 1-1 or 2-1 Edinburgh would be what I'd go for.

Nevertheless, Mon the Binos 

21 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

BB_Bino seems to be getting it from all angles for making a valid point. Some half interested Jambo or Hibee is getting in for half the price of away fans or non-season ticket holders seems a bit off.

Word of warning to the Stirling fans too, the gestapo will be all over you if you so much as mention that Thomson is a beast. Apparently that’s enough to warrant being chucked out so for god sake give the paedophile peace.

some Alloa fans were giving it to Thompson at the irn broo game , never saw any "gestapo " do anything , gets what he deserves ….

Great result for us today did not expect that, would have taken a point before the game but to take all 3 just great.

Good all round performance from the team, special marks to our defence who coped well with the League`s top scorer, did not give him much space.

Good goal from Darren Smith to get us the points. Beautiful Sunday. :)

I didn't expect it either, but I'm sure pleased about it.   On the pricing issue.  If clubs want to do a deal for season ticket holders from other clubs within their own city I don't have a major problem with it.  It doesn't result in anybody else getting charged more than they otherwise would have been. If it did, then I'd have a problem with it.

Stirling do not share the city with any other club, so those saying they should offer a similar scheme to fans from other towns, are comparing apples with turnips.  We do ground share with Stirling University and discount schemes to encourage students to attend our games have been tried, with little or no response.  In truth, I doubt Falkirk Stenny or Alloa fans would be interested, even if you let them in for free.   Rivalry does tend to knock that on the head for a plan.  Would I go to watch Alloa for a discount?  Not a chance. It's a non starter of an idea for a one club city. 

Back to the football.  We won. Yipeekayay  mother........!

Utter pish today, not sure many who came to see us for the first time today will be back in a hurry. Full credit to Albion who brought a good support and were better defensively than anyone else I’ve seen this season.

Deary me we missed Andy Black’s aggression in midfield. Absolute powderpuff without him.

Probably the first game I’ve felt the manager has negatively impacted us, taking off Watson and leaving on Galbraith was either a piece of performance art, too complex for me to fully comprehend or one of the thickest substitutions of the season. Take your pick.

Were always going to have a rough patch but that performance was a concern and the only positive from today is that Clyde did us a favour (only a small one as it’s a 3 horse race now).

Good performance from Stirling today! The much hungrier team won! 

They looked well organised and well coached from the sidelines and just battled a lot harder than City.

Clearly the new manager is doing a good job there, and Binos definately look on course to make the play-offs, then who knows.

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Probably the first game I’ve felt the manager has negatively impacted us, taking off Watson and leaving on Galbraith was either a piece of performance art, too complex for me to fully comprehend or one of the thickest substitutions of the season. Take your pick.

Were always going to have a rough patch but that performance was a concern and the only positive from today is that Clyde did us a favour

I've disagreed with the managers substitutions quite a few weeks, but not  this one you're talking about.   Watson was poor 2nd half and I thought that was a good call.

Danny Galbraith was one of our better performers today as well, so again disagree.  Lets be honest we only turned up for the last half an hour and the two subs were  two of our best players, so just a bad day at the office and against an improving team.

We're still top and we'll strengthen soon. still all to play for.

I've disagreed with the managers substitutions quite a few weeks, but not  this one you're talking about.   Watson was poor 2nd half and I thought that was a good call.
Danny Galbraith was one of our better performers today as well, so again disagree.  Lets be honest we only turned up for the last half an hour and the two subs were  two of our best players, so just a bad day at the office and against an improving team.
We're still top and we'll strengthen soon. still all to play for.

Aye funny how folk see things differently I guess. I thought Galbraith started well and was then was an absolute passenger and that Watson was the only one in our midfield with any aggression. We seemed to play a different formation today, 442 with a diamond rather than a 4231 so I’m not sure if that had an effect.

We’re still in an incredible position and I’m happy to write today off (along with the last 5 mins at Berwick) but I genuinely expected a reaction today and we were mince.

3 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Aye funny how folk see things differently I guess. I thought Galbraith started well and was then was an absolute passenger and that Watson was the only one in our midfield with any aggression. We seemed to play a different formation today, 442 with a diamond rather than a 4231 so I’m not sure if that had an effect.

We’re still in an incredible position and I’m happy to write today off (along with the last 5 mins at Berwick) but I genuinely expected a reaction today and we were mince.

It's all still there for you, that's what counts.  You don't have to be good enough to win them all. More than anybody else will do nicely.

5 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Who's job is it to sweep up the several tonnes of broken glass currently lying in the Ainslie Park compound? 

As Bradley says, the Chase Is On. 

At least the broken glass will keep the foxes away....!

Nice result for the Clyde today- my prediction that they'll win the League is shaping up.... 

When you've seen City lose 13 cup finals in a row, mostly to local rivals Spartans, its hard to be upset about one loss to Stirling Albion, a team I identified as dark horses for the play offs. 

What a performance that was, especially 2nd half. Peaso was like a totally different player 2nd half. None of his diving shite, just held the ball up and got others involved.

Dom Docherty and Kyle Banner were absolutely immense though, especially Docherty. He was everywhere and absolutely ran the game. He's been a totally different player under Kev.

Very good crowd yesterday, we had a pretty large following as well. God bless the Albion.

For what it’s worth (FWIW) I’d give half price entry to Stirling season ticket holders tomorrow and would do the same every home game when the respective clubs are to visit. If it was adopted across the league it gives a bigger incentive to buy a season ticket and if there’s one thing clubs at this level should be doing is looking after their season ticket holders, in my honest opinion (IMHO).

I've said this for years.

Away fans show season tickets for reduced price entry across the league.

Bigger incentive to buy season ticket, bigger away support, better atmosphere.

It needs to be mutually agreed across the league though.

Archived