Edinburgh City v The Binos

First game of 2019  for the Binos and we travel to Ainslie Park to face the League Leaders Edinburgh City.  Not had much success in our previous 2 meetings with City both ending in defeats for us but hopefully we might just get something from this game. 

City stumbled last week away to Berwick losing a 2 goal lead to get a point and hopefully we may get something from them on Saturday. 

Binos will be along the usual lines and if our defence for once manages to keep giving away stupid goals, then who knows a share of the points would be welcome. 

Hope for the best that we can start the new year off with something as the next 2 games are at home and we should be looking to get maximum points from them. 

Prediction City 1 Binos 1               :thumsup2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite embarrassing that Edinburgh City are charging fans of Premiership sides half price for this but expect Edinburgh City Non Season Ticket Holders and Albion fans to pay full price.

With that in mind, I’ll not be attending the game, I was going to, but why should I pay £18 for me and my son to go and sit next to a Hearts fan and their child who have paid less than a tenner? It’s a move that could end up costing the club as I would have easily gone there and spent £30, like I did earlier in the season and previously.

Anyway, onto the game, I’m treating this one like I treated the Peterhead game a few weeks ago. As KR said in his SATV interview, Edinburgh currently have a different agenda to us, so if we can take anything out of the game then it’s a bonus for me.

Do I believe we can win? Absolutely, as I think on our day we can match any team in this league, I’m just not convinced we will have that day tomorrow, and despite training on it, I can’t remember the last time we played well on plastic.

I hope for the sake of those who are going through that they have something to shout about, I’ll use the Saturday for spending some family time together instead.

The deal has been in place for a couple of seasons and is aimed at attracting fans from the Edinburgh area which would predominantly be Hibs or Hearts fans. I don't have a City season ticket but don't mind paying full whack even though some Scumbo/HIVee gets in for half price.

Perhaps Albion could think of a similar scheme to attract more local fans along to Forthbank - say half price entry for Old Firm season ticket holders...

I know East Stirling offer a similar scheme for Falkirk season ticket holders, its common sense.

Unless you are a seething mess who is looking for an excuse not to go, pitiful from someone to moan about a club trying to increase their support - especially from someone who supports a club that exists in a town that is Bigot Brothers through and through, you'd think clubs like Stirling would be offering the same sort of deal to fans of local championship clubs like Alloa and Falkirk instead of bitching like a spoilt wean on here.

Bravo city.

Shame on the Albion fan.

The deal has been in place for a couple of seasons and is aimed at attracting fans from the Edinburgh area which would predominantly be Hibs or Hearts fans.

So why not just make it half price for all?

I know East Stirling offer a similar scheme for Falkirk season ticket holders, its common sense.

Unless you are a seething mess who is looking for an excuse not to go, pitiful from someone to moan about a club trying to increase their support

Hardly a “seething mess” just pointing out that it’s not fair on Edinburgh City regulars that don’t have a season ticket, or Albion fans.

I’m all for clubs trying to expand their support and well done Edinburgh for not just sitting there expecting people to turn up, but there are fairer ways.

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

Unless you are a seething mess who is looking for an excuse not to go, pitiful from someone to moan about a club trying to increase their support - especially from someone who supports a club that exists in a town that is Bigot Brothers through and through, you'd think clubs like Stirling would be offering the same sort of deal to fans of local championship clubs like Alloa and Falkirk instead of bitching like a spoilt wean on here.

Bravo city.

Shame on the Albion fan.

I have no problem with City trying to attract more fans from the Big 2 in Edinburgh, good luck to them. Regarding offering half price admission to the Bigot Brothers season ticket holders cant see many of them taking up the offer somehow. Doubt many of them would know where Forthbank is in Stirling and would want to sample football at the lowest rung of the Senior game, too busy being glory hunters imo. 

We did have a reciprocal deal with Berwick Rangers, but that seems to have fallen through this season. If Albion want to let our season ticket holders in for half-price I'm sure our board will consider a similar deal.

And it's not all Hibs and Hearts (and Spartans) supporters, just those who have season tickets for their own clubs.

2 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:

We did have a reciprocal deal with Berwick Rangers, but that seems to have fallen through this season. If Albion want to let our season ticket holders in for half-price I'm sure our board will consider a similar deal.

And it's not all Hibs and Hearts (and Spartans) supporters, just those who have season tickets for their own clubs.

I don't see the problem with this City and Spartans are always going to be 3rd and 4th in the capital pecking order so makes sense to try and attract the odd Hibs or Hearts fan along to games when their big team is playing away.

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Quite embarrassing that Edinburgh City are charging fans of Premiership sides half price for this but expect Edinburgh City Non Season Ticket Holders and Albion fans to pay full price.

With that in mind, I’ll not be attending the game, I was going to, but why should I pay £18 for me and my son to go and sit next to a Hearts fan and their child who have paid less than a tenner? It’s a move that could end up costing the club as I would have easily gone there and spent £30, like I did earlier in the season and previously.

Anyway, onto the game, I’m treating this one like I treated the Peterhead game a few weeks ago. As KR said in his SATV interview, Edinburgh currently have a different agenda to us, so if we can take anything out of the game then it’s a bonus for me.

Do I believe we can win? Absolutely, as I think on our day we can match any team in this league, I’m just not convinced we will have that day tomorrow, and despite training on it, I can’t remember the last time we played well on plastic.

I hope for the sake of those who are going through that they have something to shout about, I’ll use the Saturday for spending some family time together instead.

What a state to get yourself in considering the fucking awful match day experience away fans had to endure on Saturday. Noticed it was £9 for a concession as well - bargain. 

you'd think clubs like Stirling would be offering the same sort of deal to fans of local championship clubs like Alloa and Falkirk instead of bitching like a spoilt wean on here.
Bravo city.
Shame on the Albion fan.

Why would we want those mutants anywhere near our ground?

He's hardly bitching, it's a fair point. Why let fans of other clubs pay less than fans of clubs who actually care about the game.

Ah well, I'll still be there. Fancy us to sneak a draw, hopefully a last minute equaliser like last season. No doubt Andy Black will run the show and that big mophead up front will tell the press that he doesn't like Stirling Albion.

P.s Stirling Castle >>>> Edinburgh Castle.

3 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Wow, just wow emoji1319.png

I can see where Muzz is coming from re last Saturday most of the section which the away fans get directed to was full of bairns from the SA youth teams so not too much space for our fans.

I can see where Muzz is coming from re last Saturday most of the section which the away fans get directed to was full of bairns from the SA youth teams so not too much space for our fans.

Doubt you would have needed much haw haw.

Its not the point really if an area is designated for away fans it should be for away fans and as Muzz pointed out dearest away prices in L2 so you should expect to get a decent seat.

You get a good view at the vast majority of the seats at Forthbank, so not sure what you mean about decent seat. Although I do agree the youth boys probably shouldn't have been sat there but most likely the only place they could have all fit together.

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

You get a good view at the vast majority of the seats at Forthbank, so not sure what you mean about decent seat. Although I do agree the youth boys probably shouldn't have been sat there but most likely the only place they could have all fit together.

The young boys were bang in the middle of the section in the best of the seats, not their fault I may add. There were plenty of seats over the other side they could have had:whistle

In decent I meant not in one of the front rows where you would have got soaked if the rain had come on.

The young boys were bang in the middle of the section in the best of the seats, not their fault I may add. There were plenty of seats over the other side they could have had:whistle
In decent I meant not in one of the front rows where you would have got soaked if the rain had come on.

Not sure putting the wee guys up the Morrisons end would be a good idea, their poor little ears :lol:

^^ Was never going 1st place

Archived