Beaters of Barca vs Conquerors of Keflavik - DU Vs PTFC

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Did Saunders just go off because he was knackered or did he get injured? 

Would have taken a point before kick off but does seem like we should have been out of sight at half time and other results didn't go for us. We're still fucked. 

No we are not. Next two games v Falkirk and QOTS , both at home, will be pivotal to where we are going this season. Win them and things are looking a whole lot better. Lose either of them or both of them and yes, we are probably fucked!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

No we are not. Next two games v Falkirk and QOTS , both at home, will be pivotal to where we are going this season. Win them and things are looking a whole lot better. Lose either of them or both of them and yes, we are probably fucked!!

To get to 40 points we need to win probably 7 from 16 games. So agreed, if we don't win the next 2 then we're fucked. But yeah, we're fucked. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Did Saunders just go off because he was knackered or did he get injured? 

Would have taken a point before kick off but does seem like we should have been out of sight at half time and other results didn't go for us. We're still fucked. 

Cramp for Saunders. He seemed okay. Harkins went off due to his general lack of fitness. 

45 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Did Harkins play today?

Ran the show. I can't believe you let him go. Money problems down in the borders?

Guest DAVIDB69
Utter pish. Another 2 points dropped from a home game we should be winning although at half time you couldn't see us even getting a point out of this game. 60 minutes before we actually look like we are starting to try to take something from the game. Benji once again looking culpable for the goal but if it wasn't for his performance after that we would have been 2 or 3 goals worse off. 
Some serious quality needing brought in this window, right back, centre midfielder and a goal scorer desperately required. 

I can’t see us bringing in quality, mainly substandard freebies from other clubs

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope Nisbett has more about him than we saw today; doesn’t look a step up from our other options.

I thought he had a decent impact for your team today. Certainly seemed fired up. I expect he will be pretty inconsistent and will provide little in the way of goals or assists based on viewing United today. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope Nisbett has more about him than we saw today; doesn’t look a step up from our other options.

Demonstrably improved when he came on and won us a penalty. A traffic cone would be a step up from McMullan and King. Get yer cataracts done. 

He’s certainly got no composure in front of goal based on the absolute sitter his missed but he offered us a more direct route and a different option second half. We were a different team with him player as we had plan B, rather than the long ball options we saw in the first half. He also seemed happy to get stuck in, so isn’t a pop star, despite the hair thing.

On his own he’s not going to win us the league but if....if we can bring in a few more quality players he will be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.

4 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Demonstrably improved when he came on and won us a penalty. A traffic cone would be a step up from McMullan and King. Get yer cataracts done. 

Nothing wrong with my eyesight.  Your logic is flawed; we play better in the second half than we did in the first therefore he’s a good player!

He was an improvement on Aird but that was because it was possibly the worst 45 minutes that Aird has played for us.

I’m not writing Nesbitt off, I just hope what we saw today was not his best.

Gary Caldwell’s interview gives us all hope. We were brilliant first half and been like that a lot this season. Well Gary we have been shite and are above you for now

15 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Ran the show. I can't believe you let him go. Money problems down in the borders?

I thought Harkens made a big difference in the middle, broke the play up.  Much improved 1st half the change of formation allowed us to control more of the game.  

Our highlights don't seem to show their disallowed goal. Was hoping to see that back as it looked a soft foul at the time. 

Utter fucking Purgatory again yesterday.

We had the chance to make a significant gain on the top 2 given the others results, and (particularly with the knowledge of County having already lost) we fucking shat it. Yet again.

To be fair to Thistle I though they were outstanding in the first half. They were on top of us whenever and whoever had the ball, and we simply could not deal with the level of energy and intensity they showed. It really did look at times like they had more men on the park than us, and we were playing walking football as opposed to Thistle who were playing the real thing. This lead to us losing the ball constantly, and opened up chances for Thistle, which they should have taken more advantage of. Well done to Benji, who had no fucking chance at saving Doolan’s free header, but was really solid apart from that. What a shot and save midway through the first half to keep us in it. Had that gone in, I reckon it would have been curtains.

That being said, I could not see Thistle keeping up the energy levels in the second half, and there were a number of their players (understandably) blowing out their arses going up the tunnel at half time, and this proved to be the case.

Second half was better, and it was our turn to be wasteful. Didn’t see the penalty incident or the chalked off goal clearly, given I am at the back of the ETL, so can’t comment on those, but though Nesbitt (albeit looked lightweight) showed some decent touches. Getting on his back at this stage is a bit harsh IMO as he perhaps needs a bit of time to get an understanding of those around him, as well as a bit of match sharpness. Some shooting practice this week would not go amiss either. I am encouraged actually, but of course, agree that he alone is not the answer.

As some have said on here, I would have been happy with a point at half time, given the way the first half went, but as the game wore on, thought we really should have nicked it at the end. Given the game of 2 halves  scenario this was, a point apiece was fair enough.

Pretty frustrating though.....

54 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Utter fucking Purgatory again yesterday.

We had the chance to make a significant gain on the top 2 given the others results, and (particularly with the knowledge of County having already lost) we fucking shat it. Yet again.

To be fair to Thistle I though they were outstanding in the first half. They were on top of us whenever and whoever had the ball, and we simply could not deal with the level of energy and intensity they showed. It really did look at times like they had more men on the park than us, and we were playing walking football as opposed to Thistle who were playing the real thing. This lead to us losing the ball constantly, and opened up chances for Thistle, which they should have taken more advantage of. Well done to Benji, who had no fucking chance at saving Doolan’s free header, but was really solid apart from that. What a shot and save midway through the first half to keep us in it. Had that gone in, I reckon it would have been curtains.

That being said, I could not see Thistle keeping up the energy levels in the second half, and there were a number of their players (understandably) blowing out their arses going up the tunnel at half time, and this proved to be the case.

Second half was better, and it was our turn to be wasteful. Didn’t see the penalty incident or the chalked off goal clearly, given I am at the back of the ETL, so can’t comment on those, but though Nesbitt (albeit looked lightweight) showed some decent touches. Getting on his back at this stage is a bit harsh IMO as he perhaps needs a bit of time to get an understanding of those around him, as well as a bit of match sharpness. Some shooting practice this week would not go amiss either. I am encouraged actually, but of course, agree that he alone is not the answer.

As some have said on here, I would have been happy with a point at half time, given the way the first half went, but as the game wore on, thought we really should have nicked it at the end. Given the game of 2 halves  scenario this was, a point apiece was fair enough.

Pretty frustrating though.....

Excellent post.  You are spot on about Thistle; watching them in the first half made me wonder why they were down at the bottom of the league.  They simply strode forward in possession whereas we were taking half a dozen touches at least to get the ball out of our own half.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Nothing wrong with my eyesight.  Your logic is flawed; we play better in the second half than we did in the first therefore he’s a good player!

He was an improvement on Aird but that was because it was possibly the worst 45 minutes that Aird has played for us.

I’m not writing Nesbitt off, I just hope what we saw today was not his best.

No idea if he’s a good player or not, just disagreeing with your assessment of him yesterday - thought he looked decent in spells and the team got a lift from that, but will reserve judgement until he’s had a few games.

6 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

No idea if he’s a good player or not, just disagreeing with your assessment of him yesterday - thought he looked decent in spells and the team got a lift from that, but will reserve judgement until he’s had a few games.

Totally agree.

Archived