Dumbarton -vs- Forfar Athletic

Nice easy home game for us to kick off the year with, against the most impressive side I've seen us play all season. Sure Raith battered us 5-1 at the Rock, and a few other clubs have put in decent performances, but both games against the Loons have seen Dumbarton swatted aside like a team from the lower leagues. On the positive side a short clip of Thomas Reilly's lovely pinged pass against us in November got me some serious Twitter numbers - so at least it hasn't all been bad.

Both Scott Allardice and Dom Thomas are due to return to their parent clubs after this one - although hopefully someone can scrape together enough coins from the back of the sofa to keep DT at the Rock for the rest of the campaign.

I doubt we'll see any squad movement before this (just a gut feeling) unless Chris Smith is finally tied up on a permanent deal, so we'll be stuck with the same rag-tag collection of crocks, jobbers, bams, diddies and a sprinkling of quality. Taking that into account I'd like to see us go with something like this.

Chris Smith

Cammy Ballantyne Andy Dowie Stuart Carswell Not Willie Dyer

Ross Forbes Kyle Hutton Brad Spencer Bobby Barr

Ryan Thomson Dom Thomas

Forbes ran riot on the wing, and him and Hutton really don't have the legs as a midfield combo. Brad Spencer does though and, combined with his attacking strengths, is a better option in there than Allardice. Bobby Barr or Michael Paton? Pick who you want, I've gone for Barr. He's been driving me mad for weeks, but he was decent enough against Stenhousemuir. 

Up top big Ryan Thomson came on and made a difference with his physicality against the Warriors, so he gets the nod ahead of the out of form Calum Gallagher. Starting effectively two midfielders up front is a gamble - but hey, they can't do much worse than the strikers have so far!

It's a blatantly obvious thing to say, but we really do need to start picking up some victories and getting a run together soon. Against a side with John Baird in it though, we're almost at a one goal deficit from the off, and I don't think there's a better 'keeper in the division than Mark McCallum - so given our struggles to score into the other eight goalkeepers, I can't say I'm full of confidence at all.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

It's a blatantly obvious thing to say, but we really do need to start picking up some victories and getting a run together soon. Against a side with John Baird in it though, we're almost at a one goal deficit from the off, and I don't think there's a better 'keeper in the division than Mark McCallum - so given our struggles to score into the other eight goalkeepers, I can't say I'm full of confidence at all.

Not to get your hopes up but Baird came off injured on Saturday and would have to be a doubt.

17 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Not to get your hopes up but Baird came off injured on Saturday and would have to be a doubt.

Well that would be a real positive way to start the year from our perspective. 

Given the particular winter warmer that The Fool & Bladder has on at present, I might be incapable of alighting from my pre-match bar stool and remaining upright, Of course, I could solve that particular problem by drinking it all today.

10 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Would take a draw right now tbh

Calm down, they a rotten.

I'm going to put 33p on an a away win now.

Btw Dumbo friends, that girl/singer is a stunner, just don't to sit too close, she'll have you decapitated if she turns in direction, WHAT A NOSE 

4-4-1-1  Big Mac to get the winner. Second half may be tichted

On 1/4/2019 at 13:45, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hopefully we'll have Quitongo, Spence, Gasparatto and Mark Russell registered on time for this.

Looking at the Spfl website you don't have any of these signed. 

Just sit back  bend over and take a good pumping. I hope thy're in  tears. 

btw I thought that QUITingo was goimg to be a  Premiership player just last year, no way he will end up you shower. Give the boy some respect .

btw I thought that QUITingo was goimg to be a  Premiership player just last year, no way he will end up you shower. Give the boy some respect .
^^^ word salad.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

^^^ word salad.

^^^tears, love it

Well, you're a breath of fresh air.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
44 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Well, you're a breath of fresh air.

Well I just had a heavy pishe just now and it went the 2 way, like you have just fucked!  

How is you're manager? 

Archived