Albums of 2019

Yoss

• 2 weeks later...

By hard listen the korn album is probably the most enotional thing heard in a while. Jonathan Davis lost his wife last year so many of the tracks are on that. Cant think of a singer of the top of my head in a while to be that open and raw.

But yeah deep down its standard for them i guess..but felt this album definately is not one you wpuld want to play often..or even pick a few out for a playlist.

That new green day song...omg that sucks.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

They’ve been a hard listen for the last 20 years for me. Certainly since Issues, which in itself only has couple of decent tracks.

Pour concrete in your lugs man.

I'll take thayt...I've seen your contributions on here, that couldn't be any less offensive a statement based on that. 

Been decent albums from Ezra Furman and (Sandy) Alex G in the last few weeks, and Taylor Swift's is pretty good if you like that kind of thing, but otherwise there's been a bit of a lull.

Love the new Angel Olsen single, really looking forward to that album now. Couple of weeks off, I think.

21 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Really enjoying the new Blink album, a throwback to their untitled album.

Thought the album was going to be awful after Blame It On My Youth was released but it is actually very good. Hungover You and Black Rain are my two personal favourites that I'm really enjoying at the moment.

3 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

Thought the album was going to be awful after Blame It On My Youth was released but it is actually very good. Hungover You and Black Rain are my two personal favourites that I'm really enjoying at the moment.

Hungover You is a belter, vintage Blink. Also really enjoying The First Time and Darkside too.

Think I've now heard enough this year that I like to have a first go at a top 10:

1. The Twilight Sad - IT WON/T BE LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME

2. Laura Stevenson - The Big Freeze

3. Dave Hause - Kick

4. Jade Bird - Jade Bird

5. Craig Finn - I Need A New War

6. Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow

7. Frightened Rabbit - Tiny Changes

8. Julia Jacklin - Crushing

9. The National - I Am Easy to Find

10. Better Oblivion Community Center - Better Oblivion Community Center

The top 3 or 4 will almost certainly remain in that order, but there are still a few more to come out that I have high hopes for; Liz Lawrence and The Menzingers in particular. Maybe Big Thief too. Didn't especially care for U.F.O.F. so curious to see what their second release in less than six months is like.

Edited by Meathead

On 30/08/2019 at 09:34, Christophe said:

Little Simz - Grey Area is a surprise one for me, heard her on a Quietus compilation of the year and really enjoyed her sound. Album is cracking

I'm away to get this now. Singles were quality so I'm hoping it doesn't just tail off into slow dirges like her previous.