Albums of 2019

Yoss

Here's metacritic's list of upcoming releases that they know of so far: https://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/release-date/coming-soon/date

From that list - Cherry Glazerr,  Vampire Weekend, Flaming Lips are among the ones I'm looking forward to. Others I know of that have albums lined up include Honeyblood, Snapped Ankles, Pip Blom, Stella Donnelly.

What's everyone else looking forward to this year?

The new Twilight Sad will doubtless be my album of the year. I think Ryan Adams is due a record out this year as well, but I think that’ll have a lot to do with if he stays clean.
I love Heartbreaker from a few years back now

11 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
On 1/2/2019 at 20:06, GrahamJags said:
The new Twilight Sad will doubtless be my album of the year. I think Ryan Adams is due a record out this year as well, but I think that’ll have a lot to do with if he stays clean.

He's supposedly bringing 3 albums out this year.

And the first two tracks that have dropped are absolutely snooze worthy.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

And the first two tracks that have dropped are absolutely snooze worthy.

I'm digging Manchester. Doylestown, not so much. Sounds like he's largely going to be following the sonic mould of his last two records. I was/am hoping Wednesdays might be a bit different, what with it's Nebraska-referencing cover.

Big fan of The Twilight Sad and Fever 333's efforts so far. Can see them both being contenders for my top 10 at the end of the year.

Papa Roach's new album isn't great, but isn't terrible. It'll be fun live but not contest to be on any top 10 lists.

I'm listening to music this year and just gonna keep a running top 10 like previous years.

1. Maggie Rogers - Heard It in a Past Life

2. The Twilight Sad - It Won/t Be Like This All the Time

3. James Blake - Assume Form

Maggie Rogers delivers with her debut album. I'd already heard half of the album as 4/5 of the songs were released as singles and saw her live previously as well so got to experience a fair bit with that. The whole thing is a delight to the ears tbh.

The Twilight Sad were great as expected, a welcome addition to the list already. 

Now, Id seen a number of people raving about how amazing James Blake's new album is. It was alright. There was one song that I'm really into but other than that it's nothing special. You can never turn down the opportunity to hear a glimpse of any new Andre 3000 though. I expect this to drop off the list, it's obviously just on there by default at this point.

Edited by JamieStevenson

22 hours ago, Christophe said:

The new Deerhunter is a very decent effort

Started very strong but tailed off a bit, I thought. Will need to listen again though.

A lot out this week - also decent albums from Sharon van Etten and Juliana Hatfield among others. (Probably not "album of the year" stuff though.) And I really like the new singles from both Tiny Ruins and Martha Ffion.

I dont know if it's just my unrealistic expectations but the new twilight sad for me is really good, though is not quite hitting the high spot.
Fantastic that they at one point peaked at number 1 in the album download chart this week, I really hope this album propels them.

This other album came out in 2017 but I've only just found it; 'Seismic' by Spotlights. If you like Failure and Isis then this is for you, it's like some brutal yet cathartic blending of the two. Isis drummer produced it too and plays on a few of the tracks.