Jambo'ness

Bo'ness history - Day by day

Guess this thread is probably the best place to put this question, who makes your Team of the Decade? Had a good chat about this today with Jambo and Dave and we came up with a

4-3-3 of

Murphy/Jamieson

Snowdon Duffin McQueen Hunter

Shirra Gemmell Sloan

Walker Hislop Gribben

Never decided on a bench, but personally I would have one of the two keepers above plus, Stevenson, Campbell, Wright, Keast.

Dec 8th

1984 and just 3 weeks after the pair met in the drawn League Cup Final, The BU's travelled to Bonnyrigg for the replay.  The first game was 4-4, this went one better and finished 5-5!  The game was decided by penalties and the Rose triumphed 4-3.  The BU scorers were Tommy Caldwell, Lex Shields, Lindsay Hamilton and Jim Sinnet, who scored two including a penalty.

The team was: Henderson, Dunleavie, Breen, Carroll, Caldwell, Reid, Shields, Beaton, Sinnet, Hamilton, Robertson (Kerr) sub Young

Dec 9th

1978 and a one and only visit to Market Park, home of Crieff Earngrove for a Junior Cup 2nd Round tie.  The BU's had struggled against Arbroath Vics in the previous round and did so again, only managing a goalless draw.  There was no hint the club would reach the Final that season.

The team was: Howie, Robertson, McQueen, Miller, Stewart, Boyd, Craw, Masterton, Eddie, Reid, Shields (Dunleavie) sub Millar

Guess this thread is probably the best place to put this question, who makes your Team of the Decade? Had a good chat about this today with Jambo and Dave and we came up with a
4-3-3 of
Murphy/Jamieson
Snowdon Duffin McQueen Hunter
Shirra Gemmell Sloan
Walker Hislop Gribben

Never decided on a bench, but personally I would have one of the two keepers above plus, Stevenson, Campbell, Wright, Keast.
Wullie, I was pushing for Hunter at Centrehalf rather than Left Back. Flea in at Left Back.
Hissy9 out with Faddy in at no 9.

Guess this thread is probably the best place to put this question, who makes your Team of the Decade?

4-3-3

Mark Peat

Chic Connolly

Steven Kiczynski

Anton Hefron

Aldin El-Zubaidi

Alan Comrie

Jordan Cropley

Joe Prince Wright

Mark Cowan

Robbie Feeney

Darren Downie

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

4-3-3

Mark Peat

Chic Connolly

Steven Kiczynski

Anton Hefron

Aldin El-Zubaidi

Alan Comrie

Jordan Cropley

Joe Prince Wright

Mark Cowan

Robbie Feeney

Darren Downie

Yes some real squibs there.

Seing as 433 is what everyone else has went with. Peak Shirra, just, over Nimmo as he was more of a goal threat, no one season wonders or I'd have Scott Pittman there as he was a fabulous player.

Christie

Snowdon
Fleming
Hunter
Duffin

Gemmell
Shirra
Philp

Hislop
Mcfadgen
Walker

Subs
A. Murphy
Campbell
P Murphy
Nimmo
Morgan
Gribben
Donnelly

What about your favourite player of the last few seasons Mr Cropley?

I think  Dougie deserves a place on the bench

6 hours ago, Scuzz said:

What about your favourite player of the last few seasons Mr Cropley?

Don't get me started lol

Dec 10th

2005 saw the visit of Junior Cup holders and League leaders Tayport to Newtown Park.  When I add that centre-half Simon Vella had to go in goal for 70 minutes due to the BU's 'keeper being stretchered off, you would be forgiven for expecting the worst.  However, the BU's scored in 23 mins when a Brigain cross was put into his own net by Gunnion.  To the 2nd half where surely things would change?  Well no, the BU's came out fighting and Kevin Donnelly added a 2nd, 10 mins into the half.  With 15 mins to go George O'Boyle added a 3rd before Marc Anthony put the icing on the cake In the last minute.  4-0.

The team was:  Orr (Ward), Brown, Russell, C Martin, Vella, Smith, Brigain, Donnelly, Winning (Anthony), O'Boyle (Fowler), Parkin

15 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

4-3-3

Mark Peat

Chic Connolly

Steven Kiczynski

Anton Hefron

Aldin El-Zubaidi

Alan Comrie

Jordan Cropley

Joe Prince Wright

Mark Cowan

Robbie Feeney

Darren Downie

no place for Declan McAvoy or Chris Mackie in this duds 11? Inclusion of Mark Cowan is more than a bit unfair as he actuallu did contribute some goals for us in the time he wasn't injured. Also harsh on Mark Peat when Connor Wallace was around this decade

no place for Declan McAvoy or Chris Mackie in this duds 11? Inclusion of Mark Cowan is more than a bit unfair as he actuallu did contribute some goals for us in the time he wasn't injured. Also harsh on Mark Peat when Connor Wallace was around this decade

Peat and Cowan were the galacticos of my 11.

4-3-3

Mark Peat

Chic Connolly
Steven Kiczynski
Anton Hefron
Aldin El-Zubaidi

Alan Comrie
Jordan Cropley
Joe Prince Wright

Mark Cowan
Robbie Feeney
Darren Downie
Chris "tired of football" Mackie, Darren "homesick for Sauchie" Cummings , Connor "someone shouted at me at training so I'm not playing" Wallace and Coco "lazy wage thief" Strickland are all worthy of a place in that team.

What about your favourite player of the last few seasons ?

For sheer consistency of performance Stuart big game Hunter. So many important blocks, tackles and clearances. Best defensive header of a ball in the league. Strong, physical, experienced and strong in the tackle. A danger to opponents at freekicks and corners. Possessing a dangerously long throw and always willing to give helpful advice to the officials. A proper footballer who brings out the best in those around him.

I think Stuart's level of performance since he came back from retirement has been superb, imo better than when he first signed. So consistent as you say.

For sheer consistency of performance Stuart big game Hunter. So many important blocks, tackles and clearances. Best defensive header of a ball in the league. Strong, physical, experienced and strong in the tackle. A danger to opponents at freekicks and corners. Possessing a dangerously long throw and always willing to give helpful advice to the officials. A proper footballer who brings out the best in those around him.

Dec 10th

2005 saw the visit of Junior Cup holders and League leaders Tayport to Newtown Park.  When I add that centre-half Simon Vella had to go in goal for 70 minutes due to the BU's 'keeper being stretchered off, you would be forgiven for expecting the worst.  However, the BU's scored in 23 mins when a Brigain cross was put into his own net by Gunnion.  To the 2nd half where surely things would change?  Well no, the BU's came out fighting and Kevin Donnelly added a 2nd, 10 mins into the half.  With 15 mins to go George O'Boyle added a 3rd before Marc Anthony put the icing on the cake In the last minute.  4-0.

The team was:  Orr (Ward), Brown, Russell, C Martin, Vella, Smith, Brigain, Donnelly, Winning (Anthony), O'Boyle (Fowler), Parkin

That was definitely one of the weirdest games I've ever been to! Think they went on to win the league too...

Dec 11th

1965 and it was Junior Cup 2nd Round day.  Kilsyth Rangers were the visitors to Newtown, the third time we had been drawn against them in seven years.  Eventually the BU's won out by 4-2, the star of the day being hat-trick hero Peter Caproni and at that time, no show was complete without Archie Meikle adding his name to the scoresheet.

The team was: Preston, Blackley, Gellatly, Broome, Chambers, Myles, Caproni, McFarlane, Meikle, McLeod, Komorowski

Dec 12th

1953 and Penicuik Athletic were the visitors in the first round of the East of Scotland Cup.  The BU's were winners in a straightforward 4-0 game.  Jimmy Donnelly got himself two goals, with one each for Billy McKeown and Gibby Ormond, the brother of former Scotland manager Willie Ormond.

The team was: Ronald, Mitchell, McKeeman, Hogg, Boyd, Paterson, Scott, McMahon, Donnelly, McKeown, Ormond