Bo'ness history - Day by day

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

When are the real highlights coming?

Such as:

Linlithgow winning the league at Newton Park  from 2-0 down  with 3 goals in the last 5 minutes..!!

Scottish Cup Semi at Almondvale - losing 2-0 to the Rose

The numerous defeats in local cups to Linlithgow

All days you were no doubt off using your Ibrox season ticket to watch your real team. 

Edited by drs

2 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

The big CB can’t remember his name 

No, this boy a forward

49 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Stevie Ballantyne?

Would’ve been the season we beat Queens Park but lost to Buckie in the big Scottish. Trying to think who all played back then.

Why not start your own Linlithgow History thread for this pish instead of coming on polluting this one with your tedious crap?

See above

19 minutes ago, Scuzz said:
2 hours ago, Jambo said:
No, someone more obscure than that.

Jamie Nixon?

This lad played at senior level.  Last clue.

3 hours ago, Scuzz said:

Scott Anson? I actually remember the penalty getting scored funnily enough, can't recall much else about the day apart from the fact it was freezing (as always)

It was indeed him.  As a wee add-on, can anyone name the side he scored his only goal against?

Why not start your own Linlithgow History thread for this pish instead of coming on polluting this one with your tedious crap?
I actually commend jambo for this thread. He's done the leg work and obviously has painstakingly researched.

Remember, all journalism should be balanced tho....

Well done and if you manage to fill every day then kudos. Shouldn't stop rivals from poking fun now and again. Especially. When half the contributors here pollute rose threads with such regularity.

Good luck.

15 minutes ago, Scuzz said:
28 minutes ago, Jambo said:
It was indeed him.  As a wee add-on, can anyone name the side he scored his only goal against?

Yoker.

Was that the' I think a 5-2 victory' in a Scottish Cup tie and Scott Anson's strip was still pristine at the end.

10 hours ago, Scuzz said:
10 hours ago, boheesian said:
Was that the' I think a 5-2 victory' in a Scottish Cup tie and Scott Anson's strip was still pristine at the end.

4-1 (I think) in awful conditions and you'd probably be right...

You win again!

For the 30th.

No apologies for another big win, this time in 1971.  Fauldhouse United visited Newtown and were beaten 8-0.  The team was: Anderson, McOwat, Bertram, McGregor, Gardiner, Johnstone, Allan, Logan, Frew, Newman, Alexander sub Millar.

The undoubted star of the show was Lennie Frew, who netted 5 on the day.  Dave McOwat grabbed a double and Gordon Logan got the other.

Don't want to tempt fate but today we go back to 1948 and a trip to play Bonnyrigg Rose.  The BU's managed a 5-3 win with this team:  Graham, Mitchell, Keenan, Walls, Trialist, McKie, Black, Pinkerton, Buckley, Trialist, Cannon.

The goals came from a double from Paddy Buckley, one from Charlie Cannon and two from the trialist number 10, Birrell, from Bayview YC.  If anyone knows his first name, please let me know.