Bo'ness history - Day by day

That is a very good question Dave and I am glad you've asked it.  Officially, not including possible extra trialists, I have a list of 7.  Because the Journal is always sketchy with names, I have them all as 'Sneddon' not 'Snedden' but I'd be happy to amend if anyone can confirm.  The 7 are: 
Alan, listed as a sub in a League Cup tie with Lithgae in 1978.  Not 100% confirmed if he came on.
'A'  Sneddon, no first name recorded just the initial, who played once at Broxburn in March 1968.
John 'Bugle', who played in 3 separate spells between 1967 and 1975.
Kenny, a full-back from Winchburgh Albion who played in 1983
Dick, who signed in April 1962 after being demobbed from the army.
Robert, originally signed from Dunipace in 1961, had two spells at the clubthrough to 1965
Finally, a goalkeeper, no first name or source details, who played in June 1948 at Tranent.  We lost 6-2, he was never heard of again.

Impressive stuff. Looked up the scorer against Linlithgow. Can I give a clue?

1 minute ago, John S said:
7 minutes ago, Jambo said:
That is a very good question Dave and I am glad you've asked it.  Officially, not including possible extra trialists, I have a list of 7.  Because the Journal is always sketchy with names, I have them all as 'Sneddon' not 'Snedden' but I'd be happy to amend if anyone can confirm.  The 7 are: 
Alan, listed as a sub in a League Cup tie with Lithgae in 1978.  Not 100% confirmed if he came on.
'A'  Sneddon, no first name recorded just the initial, who played once at Broxburn in March 1968.
John 'Bugle', who played in 3 separate spells between 1967 and 1975.
Kenny, a full-back from Winchburgh Albion who played in 1983
Dick, who signed in April 1962 after being demobbed from the army.
Robert, originally signed from Dunipace in 1961, had two spells at the clubthrough to 1965
Finally, a goalkeeper, no first name or source details, who played in June 1948 at Tranent.  We lost 6-2, he was never heard of again.

Impressive stuff. Looked up the scorer against Linlithgow. Can I give a clue?

Go on then John

Theres an argument that Will Snowdon is almost a Sneddon.

The surnames Sneddon and Snowdon both come from the Old English words for snow and hill.
The Scots took Snaw and Dun and turned it into Snawdun.......which became Sneddon.
The English took Snow and Dun and turned it into SnowDun.......which became Snowdon.

Every day's a school day !!

Theres an argument that Will Snowdon is almost a Sneddon.

The surnames Sneddon and Snowdon both come from the Old English words for snow and hill.
The Scots took Snaw and Dun and turned it into Snawdun.......which became Sneddon.
The English took Snow and Dun and turned it into SnowDun.......which became Snowdon.

Every day's a school day !!

You'll need to tell Will that one

11 minutes ago, John S said:
3 hours ago, John S said:
He might be called Sam.

No takers? Next clue - A children's book and TV character.

Here's the team, can't make it any easier  N Binnie, Yates, Hoggan, Grant, Todd, Drew, Scott, Hallford, Bryce, McKinlay, Crainie

On this day in 2003 Armadale visited on League business.  The 5-1 win for the BU's was no more than they deserved and the team was:  N Binnie, Smith, King, Yates, Todd, Muirhead, Love (Hodge), Mooney, Ferguson, Herd (Jeffrey), Donald (Wood).

Goals came from Derek Yates, Graeme Donald, a double from Ian Ferguson and Gordon  Herd notched the other.

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Hopefully, someone will answer today's teaser.  Go back to 2014 and we won 1-0 at Bonnyrigg through a Hissy goal.  My question is, who was injured in the warm-up and had to be replaced?

Dougie Donnelly 

34 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Not him.  He had been missing since mid-December and didn't play again until March

34 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Not him.  He had been missing since mid-December and didn't play again until March

Was it  Stuart Hunter