Jambo'ness

Bo'ness history - Day by day

55 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

McFadyen was he not at Bathgate at the time with big Hunts ? 

You're close to a cigar here sheep ;)

4 minutes ago, John S said:

Was Eamon Fullerton one of the former BU players?

Was he not at kelty 

No more correct replies so far.  Of the three remaining, one was the unusually numbered 10, one had a short career later and one had been a stalwart at Bo'ness for several years and was an unused sub.

1 hour ago, Sheep77 said:

Darly Drew 

:thumsup2 He was the unused sub. Three down, 2 to go including the mysterious number 10.

The missing two from yesterday were Mark Quinn (I would have missed him too) and the number 10 was none other than Stuart Hunter!

I thought Sheep would get it when he mentioned Faddy & Hunts together at Bathgate but he never quite got it. :)

After two drawn games in the 4th Round of the Junior Cup in 1982, a third match at home to Petershill was eagerly anticipated.  Surprisingly it turned out to be a comfortable 3-0 win for the BU's.  The team was: Crooks, Robertson, Breen, Miller (Park), Finlayson, McQueen, Dunleavie, Wilson (Dunn), Wilkes, Reid, Shields.  The goals were scored by Jackie Dunn, John Wilkes & Lex Shields.

Easier teaser today.  Who scored the winning goal on their debut in 2016, against Broxburn?

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Marty Wright ?

No, a younger guy than that.  No disrespect to Marty, of course. :lol:

5 minutes ago, 3 Valuable Points said:

Eddington? Can’t remember his first name

You're there, It was Fraser Eddington, at that point on loan from Stenhousemuir.

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

The missing two from yesterday were Mark Quinn (I would have missed him too) and the number 10 was none other than Stuart Hunter!

I thought Sheep would get it when he mentioned Faddy & Hunts together at Bathgate but he never quite got it. :)

Feck 

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I didbt know quinny played with boness I knew he was at the rose 

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I didbt know quinny played with boness I knew he was at the rose 

He played one game, as a trialist against Sauchie in the League Cup in 2008 and scored!

February 21 1970 will be a day Linlithgow Rose will want to forget.  Visiting Newtown in Round 3 of the R L Rae Cup, they were sent back over the flints with a 5-1 score against them.  The team that won convincingly was : McCluskey, Simpson, McOwat, Ure, McMeechan, Donnelly, Lourie, Sneddon, Leitch, Wodecki, Martin sub Hamilton.  The star of the show was Ian Wodecki who scored a hat-trick.  Andy Leitch also scored but the goal of the game came from big Joe McMeechan, who scored with a free-kick from around 40 yards out!  Williams netted for the Rose.

Let's continue the beating Linlithgow theme for the teaser.  Who scored the winner in a 1-0 win over them this day in 1998?