Bo'ness history - Day by day

1964 and it was semi-final day in the St Michaels Cup.  Bo'ness had home advantage against Bonnyrigg Rose but the 4-0 win wasn't just down to that.  The goals came from Ian Cram, Peter Campbell and two from Kenny Gillespie.

The side was: Allan, Hynd, McCallum, Myles, W Campbell, Young, Ford, Cram, Gillespie, P Campbell, Plank

1976 sees a game that is fondly remembered among many BU fans!  The Junior Cup Semi-Final, held at Brockville, against Lanark United.  The BU's steamrollered their opponents 5-0 to reach the Final.  Billy Mitchell & Willie Temperley both scored doubles, with an Ian Miller penalty completing the rout.

The team that day was: Ferguson, J McQueen (McIntosh), McGuinness, Miller, I McQueen, McGeachie, Scobie, Balanowski, Mitchell, Anderson, Temperley sub Robinson

2002 and a home League match with Musselburgh Athletic.  The BU's easily won 4-1 but it was to prove the last win of the season, meaning the club missed out on the inaugural East Superleague.  Doubles from David Muirhead & Gary Higgins secured the win.

The team was: N Binnie, Ryan, Loney, Yates, King, Muirhead, Abbott (Black), Mooney, Higgins (Rennie), Ward, Wood

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 06:30, Jambo'ness said:

To test you out today, we go back to 2011 and a very good 1-0 win at Newtongrange.  Who made his debut as a substitute that day?

I had to look this one up. Graham Guy came on as a sub but I don't remember anything about him.

Heres one for you I was thinking today seeing as how you are our tennants. How many players played for Camelon, Bo'ness and Linlithgow Rose plenty played for 2 of the clubs but how many played for the three I got Chris McFadyen, Andy Shirra, Mark Quinn,  

Herdy.

Scifo.

Colin Leiper.

1990 now and Bathgate Thistle were the visitors to Newtown Park on League business.  The home side ran out convincing winners by 3-0, to notch a sixth successive win.  Goals came from George Allison, Gary Dalton & Russell Cheape.

The team was: Kirkwood, Dunleavie, Malloy, Purdie, McLean, Allison, Dalton (Ewing), McLennan, Fisher, Cheape (Dawson), Kneeshaw