Bo'ness history - Day by day

Well, I have mentioned Dennistoun Waverley and Dundee Violet (though that was at Dens).  You've let slip about Petershill.  I think Lanark United's 10,00 in the 1950Junior Cup was a record.
The round after Dundee Violet in 1948 drew a record at Lochgelly Albert.  Away to Sauchie in 1982 was also a record, I think.  There are probably more but I'm not certain.
I maybe missed it....but what was the crowd at the Sauchie game? Was it a Scottish cup tie & was the score 1-1?

5 hours ago, guinness said:
On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:20, Jambo said:
Well, I have mentioned Dennistoun Waverley and Dundee Violet (though that was at Dens).  You've let slip about Petershill.  I think Lanark United's 10,00 in the 1950Junior Cup was a record.
The round after Dundee Violet in 1948 drew a record at Lochgelly Albert.  Away to Sauchie in 1982 was also a record, I think.  There are probably more but I'm not certain.

I maybe missed it....but what was the crowd at the Sauchie game? Was it a Scottish cup tie & was the score 1-1?

27/02/1982 - Junior Cup - 0-0.    Just going by what I've read, a crowd of 2500, an official club record at the time, may have been beaten since.

1981 now and a Junior Cup 5th round 2nd replay at neutral Prestonfield, against Whitburn.  The first two games had finished 1-1 & 0-0.  This was equally as tough before the BU's came out on top 2-1.

The star of the show on this occasion was substitute Jimmy Wilson, who scored a double, one a penalty.  Full team details are not known but the following definitely lined up:  Crooks, Dunleavie, McQueen, Miller, Finlayson, Peacock, Reid, sub J Wilson

On to the teaser now and yesterdays was a tough one.  The 3 players not mentioned were Billy McCallum, George Johnston & Alex Gibb.

Today we turn to relatively recent times and a 1-1 home draw with Bonnyrigg Rose in 2009.  Another two parter.  Which future BU player scored the Rose goal and who was the ex BU player who came off the bench for them.  Clue: his name has been mentioned this week already.

Edited by Jambo'ness

On to the teaser now and yesterdays was a tough one.  The 3 players not mentioned were Billy McCallum, George Johnston & Alex Gibb.
Today we turn to relatively recent times and a 1-1 home draw with Bonnyrigg Rose.  Another two parter.  Which future BU player scored the Rose goal and who was the ex BU player who came off the bench for them.  Clue: his name has been mentioned this week already.
Paul Parkin off the bench

40 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Gemmell scored their goal ?

33 minutes ago, John S said:
1 hour ago, Jambo said:
Today we turn to relatively recent times and a 1-1 home draw with Bonnyrigg Rose.  Another two parter.  Which future BU player scored the Rose goal and who was the ex BU player who came off the bench for them.  Clue: his name has been mentioned this week already.

Paul Parkin off the bench

It's a no to both those guesses but would have helped if I'd included the year :)  Now edited as 2009

Edited by Jambo'ness

27/02/1982 - Junior Cup - 0-0.    Just going by what I've read, a crowd of 2500, an official club record at the time, may have been beaten since.
I was at that game. If i remember right there was a few fights by the supporters at the game. Thanks for the info.

10 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Today we turn to relatively recent times and a 1-1 home draw with Bonnyrigg Rose in 2009.  Another two parter.  Which future BU player scored the Rose goal and who was the ex BU player who came off the bench for them.  Clue: his name has been mentioned this week already.

Davie White ?

In 1952, Tranent were the opponents in the Semi-Final of the Supplementary League Cup, also known as the St Michaels Cup.  This tie was held at Albyn Park, Broxburn and the BU's finished winners by 1-0.  The team was:  Ronald, Mitchell, Tennant, Hogg, McBlain, McKie, Grant, Liddell, Stewart, Kelly, Bishop. 

The winning goal was scored by Stewart 10 minutes into the 2nd half.  Jacky Liddell spent most of the second half hobbling on the left wing after a leg injury, in the days before substitutes!

1946 now and two weeks after losing at Dunipace in the Brown Cup, the BU's returned to Carronbank Park on League business and came home with a 3-1 win under their belts.  The side, containing two trialists was:  Bennie, Archibald, Speakman, Gardner, Scotland, Brash, McGowan, Pryde, Hamilton, Smith, McLean.  J Hamilton scored a double, with Robert Smith getting the other.

The trialists were Doug Archibald, who came from St Ninians & was signed and a local lad called Scotland.  No first name for him, i'm afraid unless someone can help.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:25, Jambo'ness said:

In 2008, Bo'ness hosted Dalkeith Thistle in a Brown Cup 2nd round tie.  The game finished 0-0, with the BU's winning 5-4 on penalties.  Who scored the shootout winner?

^^ Bumped ^^

Not doing a fresh teaser if you're not even going to attempt an answer.

There wasn't one for today anyway :lol:

Edited by Jambo'ness